Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
PIPA Auction Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
PIPA Auction Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
PIPA Auction Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
PIPA Auction Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
PIPA Auction Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
PIPA Auction Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
PIPA Auction Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
PIPA Auction Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
PIPA Auction Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) PIPA Auction 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 102 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.PIPA Auction Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
PIPA Auction Vote_lcapPIPA Auction Voting_barPIPA Auction Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
PIPA Auction Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
PIPA Auction Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

PIPA Auction

Go down 
+5
birdy2011
David
oldstrain
Rudderfett
Don Webb
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Just had a look at the Scotish Partnership of Macalony's birds on offer they are quality pigeons and the eyes on the older pigeons offered for free are top notch

JMO bit I know nothing
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 am

Don there was M&D EVANS birds on there with a free old bird, I would have bought one and let the youngster go soon as it got home and kept the old free bird.
The ones for sale didn't look much but the old birds free were class.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 am

Rudderfett wrote:
Don there was M&D EVANS birds on there with a free old bird, I would have bought one and let the youngster go soon as it got home and kept the old free bird.
The ones for sale didn't look much but the old birds free were class.
Martyn I understand what you are saying the free old birds are class but the youngsters are nothing to shout about but that's the reason for doing the post
The quality of the youngsters does reflect on the price of the auction but at least you have the opportunity to obtain a quality old bird even if the age is high
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 am

yes its a good sales ploy the bogof ploy lol cant knock it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:31 am

yes, a very good sales gimick, all the pigeons fanciers are "buying" are bred by Macalony's, which are only half brothers/ sisters to winners , not actual winners themselves.......so this alone says they are selling their surplus pigeons off that havnt performed good enough. so to get a decent price for them they add a direct bred m and d evans bird to push the price up,

this type of auction goes to show us that some will sell for profit inferia pigeons, rather than dispose of them or give them free like the ordinary back garden fancier......

i`d bet fanciers on this site have binned better.

Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:34 am

same with premier stud look at the latest 2 vidioes they claim to have sold um all for the next 2 years
yet last week the found a few hundred to sell in bhw
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 pm

David wrote:
yes, a very good sales gimick, all the pigeons fanciers are "buying" are bred by Macalony's, which are only half brothers/ sisters to winners , not actual winners themselves.......so this alone says they are selling their surplus pigeons off that havnt performed good enough.  so to get a decent price for them they add a direct bred m and d evans bird to push the price up,

this type of auction goes to show us that some will sell for profit inferia pigeons, rather than dispose of them or give them free like the ordinary back garden fancier......

It's happening everywhere David not just on PIPA
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 pm

yes don your right it is, i read in the BHW every week what some are selling.....the heading is usually "stock birds for sale" and when you read down the list all it tells you is what the parents and grandparents have won, and nothing about what the "stock bird" for sale has bred or won.

its all a scam to get rid of their crap, to gulible mugs.....JMO lol! 
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:20 pm

David wrote:
yes don your right it is, i read in the BHW every week what some are selling.....the heading is usually "stock birds for sale" and when you read down the list all it tells you is what the parents and grandparents have won, and nothing about what the "stock bird" for sale has bred or won.

its all a scam to get rid of their crap, to gulible mugs.....JMO lol! 
lol david [lenty ov them about MUGS HAHA Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:03 am

birdy2011 wrote:
same with premier stud look at the latest 2 vidioes they claim to have sold um all  for the next 2 years
yet last week the found a few hundred to sell in bhw
Graham Smile Smile , I recently watched a dvd on premier stud etc. 3 Aussies (Money in their pocket) were there visiting lol! lol! lol!  "The palace". The owner was boasting he had 200 pair of hermans etc I believe, along with the other multitude of breeds. Now !!!!!!! I may be a bit thick/old Wink Wink but I soon figured out, who at the end of the day was the big winner. Sadly !!!!!! in my view, it's not the sport of pigeon racing. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:46 am

If you read the wise old bert braspenning in the BHW, he is always saying in the good old days when you had to visit a loft to get birds, he remembers eating pigeon soup and that was the crap.
But as Bert says the name sells and the market is booming for names with peds and instead of pigeon soup its internet auctions.

I would love to know how many birds have passed through PIPPA in one season and how many in percentage actually went on to produce winners, and I don't mean a first prize winner in a field of 1/200 birds as anything could win out of turn in that, I want to see top winners multiple winners from several hundred or thousands.
If the website had a survey that the fanciers buying could list performances on I think it would close them down.

Not knocking PIPPA I LOVE IT  as I said before I love looking at pigeons and the eyes and see what others are offering for sale, but believe me I troll through hundreds of birds monthly and wouldn't buy most of them about 2 percent look like they would breed winners.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:11 am

good post martyn.....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
If you read the wise old bert braspenning in the BHW, he is always saying in the good old days when you had to visit a loft to get birds, he remembers eating pigeon soup and that was the crap.
But as Bert says the name sells and the market is booming for names with peds and instead of pigeon soup its internet auctions.

I would love to know how many birds have passed through PIPPA in one season and how many in percentage actually went on to produce winners, and I don't mean a first prize winner in a field of 1/200 birds as anything could win out of turn in that, I want to see top winners multiple winners from several hundred or thousands.
If the website had a survey that the fanciers buying could list performances on I think it would close them down.

Not knocking PIPPA I LOVE IT  as I said before I love looking at pigeons and the eyes and see what others are offering for sale, but believe me I troll through hundreds of birds monthly and wouldn't buy most of them about 2 percent look like they would breed winners.
Spot on Martyn good post
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 pm

[quote="David"]yes, a very good sales gimick, all the pigeons fanciers are "buying" are bred by Macalony's, which are only half brothers/ sisters to winners , not actual winners themselves.......so this alone says they are selling their surplus pigeons off that havnt performed good enough.  so to get a decent price for them they add a direct bred m and d evans bird to push the price up,

doubt that very much, why dis people you dont know---- believe they are top notch men and birdsuote]
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm

northroadracer wrote:
David wrote:
yes, a very good sales gimick, all the pigeons fanciers are "buying" are bred by Macalony's, which are only half brothers/ sisters to winners , not actual winners themselves.......so this alone says they are selling their surplus pigeons off that havnt performed good enough.  so to get a decent price for them they add a direct bred m and d evans bird to push the price up,

doubt that very much, why dis people you dont know---- believe they are top notch men and birdsuote]
george mcalone has been a top fancier for over 40 years he used to own a big building firm dont think money is an issue but he dont fly in any club only the lanarkshire fed probaly the biggest fed in the UK and most weeks he slaughters them i understand ill health is forcing his sales but make no mistake this man is a class act and a fantastic fancier many fanciers are winning big with his blood lines sean
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

its to be hoped they are winning big with his blood, because by the looks of it the ybs hes selling have done naff all.........JMO
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:47 pm

David wrote:
its to be hoped they are winning big with his blood, because by the looks of it the ybs hes selling have done naff all.........JMO

selling ybs that have done naff all---------unforgivable:( Sad Sad 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

northroadracer wrote:
David wrote:

its not unforgivable monkey, other fanciers do it as well......but i suppose for the price some are going for i would expect maybe position or two racing and not simply "half brother to a winner" as a selling point.

as we all know most pigeons are no good, and this also applies to top flyers, they also have some percentage of rubbish like all of us.
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 pm

David wrote:
northroadracer wrote:
David wrote:

its not unforgivable monkey, other fanciers do it as well......but i suppose for the price some are going for i would expect maybe position or two racing and not simply "half brother to a winner" as a selling point.

as we all know most pigeons are no good, and this also applies to top flyers, they also have some percentage of rubbish like all of us.

surely nobody thinks for a minute that every bird in a sale is brilliant, the pigeon game never has worked like that cheetah !!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 pm

no monkey, not alll birds in sales are good ones im afraid, but theres always mugs around to buy them who have high hopes for them.........pigeon men are very gullible im sorry to say.Sad 
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm

David wrote:
no monkey, not alll birds in sales are good ones im afraid, but theres always mugs around to buy them who have high hopes for them.........pigeon men are very gullible im sorry to say.Sad 
cheers 

very mature:cheers: cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm

the truth shouldnt hurt monkey.......No

but sometimes it does i`m afraid.  Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
northroadracer
Chipping
Chipping

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm

David wrote:
the truth shouldnt hurt monkey.......No

but sometimes it does i`m afraid.  Embarassed Embarassed
AH SO !! go figure
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm

David wrote:
lol! lol! lol!  Nothing I like more than an honest man David Smile Smile & his views etc. Some may like to guild the lily, so to speak Wink Wink. Unfortunately !!!!! thou in this caper were in, there is far too much of it sadly. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PIPA Auction Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIPA Auction   PIPA Auction Empty

Back to top Go down

PIPA Auction
Page 1 of 1