Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» good luck weekend
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:07 am

» Good Morning
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» Weather today
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:11 am

» escaped birds return
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby barnie Today at 7:45 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Your Favourite Pigeon Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Your Favourite Pigeon 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 111 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Your Favourite Pigeon Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Your Favourite Pigeon Vote_lcapYour Favourite Pigeon Voting_barYour Favourite Pigeon Vote_rcap 
David
Your Favourite Pigeon Vote_lcapYour Favourite Pigeon Voting_barYour Favourite Pigeon Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222661 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Your Favourite Pigeon Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Your Favourite Pigeon Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Your Favourite Pigeon

Go down 
+4
IANYOUNG
steve1952
peel bros
Paul
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

Your Favourite Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Anyone got or had a favourite pigeon, a bird that dosent really put in any good performances but one you would never cull, I mention it because I remember an old pigeon of mine that was really lazy, would fly no more than 10 mins, told my dad to send his nest mate (also a chequer) to Bourges and he sent the Old chequer cock by mistake lol!

Thought id never see him again and He did Bourges 2nd day
always had a soft spot for that old fella, bred 1989. Got another Cheq Cock now, bred 2003, going to Bourges 2nd time 1010, hopefully...
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Sorry...meant 2010 Embarassed
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:38 pm

i,ve got a bird that sits on my shoulder and birds that have won for me and won good ie topped fed ,section and so on but cannot get rid of these ,too soft, i think sometimes it does,nt hurt to be a little compassionate
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:52 pm

youre not being soft with pied hen ray shes a beauty mate
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm

weve all got our favorites
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:35 pm

yes my favorite pigeon is the old cock great great grandson of the famous stormqueen 15 now and still looks the part
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Very Happy I never have favs, because in the past I always loose them, but I have had a few over the years. Funny thing is often they turn out to be birds that formerly I didnt like. But something happens to them and suddenly they are the favourite. I like friendly birds and I have a few from last year that are very friendly and one is my secret FAV lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 pm

its funny how pigeons suddenly become a favourite ........i have a pair of blues which ive always disliked since i bought them, at one point i was on the verge of cutting the rings off and setting them frre as they wouldnt come back to me and the previous ownwer had emigraited so they would have lived feral......but then out of 3 nests of ybs they bred decent birds which scored positions racing and now they are two of my best birds..... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Very Happy Yes david thats what I mean, things which happen change what we feel, Like getting to know someone, as personality comes through.
Funny thing I loaned a bird out this year I bought from louella a dordin to a mate...I bred apair from her which I gave away, they turned out to be a pair of crackers winning lots of minor positions in club and fed.
I quite liket the bird now I got her back, and shes getting a better cock this year. Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:15 pm

your right martyn, you do look at them in a different light once they have raced well or bred a good one.......you start to look at the good points about them when your in the loft looking at them......strange isnt it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:00 am

Always had favorites when i was younger
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 am

When got older had no favourites as they cost money?????????????????????

Most of the time they are the also rans
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:39 am

istill have favourites when it becomes all about the money then your not enjoying it so theres no point in flying might as wellpack in , after all its a hobbie
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:40 am

dont get me wrong i want to win as much as the next man but if i dont then thers always next week
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:51 pm

just keep trying dont you ian......at the end of the season if its not a good one, then we need to look at the reasons why.....birds ? management ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:53 pm

thats right david you look at the reason why and try to put it right
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:24 pm

i think we need to "up" our game every season, win or loose just to to keep competative.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:23 pm

Very Happy Just thought I would mention, it is funny how we can like a bird after its proved itself, going back to the bird I loaned out, I proffess to be a bit of an eyesign lover and have always used it when breeding. I attach no importance at all to racers as I cannot fathom anything from their eyes at all. I have seen fabulous racers with eyes of streeters...anyway I did examine her eye when I got her and thought nothing of it really, but after it produced 2 birds that did well and then another I got her back, and you guessed it I looked at her eye hoping to find something..and I did...a trait I asociate with good breeders. Now have I been fooled and just see something because I know she can breed, or can I really see it. To be honest Im not even sure any more really. But it is there I have rechecked it but I find that so strange, We will see this year, as Im giving her a better cock . study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:43 pm

hi martyn, interesting point......do all your good breeders have this trait, and is it just in a certain family of birds. i dont think eyesign means anything re racing but do like to consider it when selecting pairings.......by this i dont look at the second circle as most seem to study, all i go on is the iris which i like to put oposites together or what id term as strong to weaker.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm

You remember last night talking about secrets and telling them to fanciers, well I have some, which are found in good breeders and I can find them sometimes, but I dont want others to know...as with this hen I missed them first time round it seems. I was taught them from a respected eyesign man in my area, but I do believe its a talent, one man looks at an eye, then another man and they see nothing. Then another talented eyesign man sees it as its been there alll the time. thats my opinion.
The answer to the question is yes there are things to look for so called secrets, but no not in just certain familes they appear in all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Pigeon   Your Favourite Pigeon Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Pigeon
Page 1 of 1