Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» Good Morning
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) NOVICE AND BEGINERS 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.NOVICE AND BEGINERS Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Vote_lcapNOVICE AND BEGINERS Voting_barNOVICE AND BEGINERS Vote_rcap 
David
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Vote_lcapNOVICE AND BEGINERS Voting_barNOVICE AND BEGINERS Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222595 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
NOVICE AND BEGINERS Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

NOVICE AND BEGINERS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yobleb
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

NOVICE AND BEGINERS Empty
PostSubject: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 pm

HI FOLKS, CAN ANYONE ADVICE ME ON THE BEST SIZE TO MAKE NESTBOXES, NEED TO KNOW THE SMALLEST SIZE I CAN GET AWAY WITH?
Back to top Go down
Sky Tx
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sky Tx

PostSubject: Re: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Anything large enough to hold 2 eggs.--10 inches x10 inches?????
Back to top Go down
yobleb
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 pm

THANKS SKY, 10X10 IT IS THEN,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm

yes, sounds about right to me if you want the smallest size.....just try a nest bowl in to check.
Back to top Go down
yobleb
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 pm

YEA I WILL DAVE, JUST A BIT SHORT OF SPACE, NEVER HAVE ENOUGH EH, Sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm

true you never have enough, the more lofts you have, the more birds you tend to keep............ lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 am

yobleb wrote:

just a thought mate but when your birds have young in the nest some hens dont want to lay their eggs in the same bowl, and they will lay again before the ybs leave the nest.the clay nest bowls are 9 inch and i always like a nest box to be a size where i can put another bowl in if i need to, 20 inch x 15 inch would be my minimum as you dont want ybs falling out of the nest onto the floor they will get scalped by the older birds or injured. jmo atb
Back to top Go down
yobleb
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: novice and beginers   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE OLDSTRAIN...BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:25 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yobleb wrote:

just a thought mate but when your birds have young in the nest some hens dont want to lay their eggs in the same bowl, and they will lay again before the ybs leave the nest.the clay nest bowls are 9 inch and i always like a nest box to be a size where i can put another bowl in if i need to, 20 inch x 15 inch would be my minimum as you dont want ybs falling out of the nest onto the floor they will get scalped by the older birds or injured. jmo atb

Totally agree, i actually made a set 28 x 15 and a set 28 x 12 ( to get an extra 2 boxes )
Having just recently bred in the 28 x 12 boxes i was still able to put 2 nest bowls in comfortably.

Yobleb, where in Blackburn are you from?
I'm new to pigeon racing so cant really learn you anything but your more than welcome to pop round matey, anytime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.astarpigeoncouriers.co.uk
yobleb
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: NOVICES AND BEGINNERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:42 pm

ALLRIGHT TDUBZ, THANKS FOR THE INVITE MATE, WOULD LOVE TO POP OVER AND A LOOK AT YOUR SET UP, ILL EMAIL YOU WHEN IM NOT WORKING, IM IN THE KNUZDEN AREA, CATCH YOU LATER, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOVICE AND BEGINERS   NOVICE AND BEGINERS Empty

Back to top Go down

NOVICE AND BEGINERS
Page 1 of 1