Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Ive given this some serious thought. Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Ive given this some serious thought. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Ive given this some serious thought. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Ive given this some serious thought. Vote_lcapIve given this some serious thought. Voting_barIve given this some serious thought. Vote_rcap 
David
Ive given this some serious thought. Vote_lcapIve given this some serious thought. Voting_barIve given this some serious thought. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Ive given this some serious thought. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Ive given this some serious thought. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Ive given this some serious thought.

Go down 
+2
birdy2011
Gaz b
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Ive given this some serious thought. Empty
PostSubject: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 am

Well guys, this is not a decision I have taken lightly and for the last 6 or 7 weeks I have worked flat out. But now I have decided to call it a day on the action front.
1200 signatures was nowhere near enough.
But the support we got says it all.
Thanks to you all who have supported this action from day one, it was most appreciated. But once again we was beaten by the fancy itself.
All I can say is leave it to the unions.
Just think of yourselves and your birds.
It was a brave effort.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:16 am

i agree gary the fancy itself has let the petition down no one can be arsed as for unions they aint worth a toss either but well done you tried and well done to them who did suport gary them what didnt please dont moan ive read my last post on hawks
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 am

gaz i take my hat off to you for all youve tried to do for the fancy like you say mate they have let us and also themselfs down well donr for all you have done mate and well done to all that could be bothered to take the time to sign the Petition.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:21 am

Cheers guys, I think fanciers may have been more receptive if we would have been asking them for money, but I was trying to prove a point. The point was you can take action without it costing the earth, web site, petition, leaflets, information, research,admin.
It cost nothing, but now guys start jingling those pound coins as you dig deep, because the next action taken you will be paying for it, without a doubt.

The SHU action cost thousands.
The trial ran from 8 January to 30 April 2009. Useable log books of observations
were returned from 23 of the original 45 lofts.
The insufficient sample of lofts that submitted observations for this trial, issues over the experimental design (which were compounded further by the small sample) and the quantity and quality of the observational data collected meant that it was impossible to draw any firm conclusions regarding the effects of the two management types on Sparrowhawk attack rates at pigeon lofts.

I see a trend forming.

Cheers anyway guys.
Nows time for mr to get stuck into my birds and loft.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 am

gary, i agree.....you have done more than any one fancier has ever done with this petition/campaign, you searched down every avenue to try get help and information which might help with the fight.......but as you and others have said, only to be let down by all the fanciers who couldnt be bothered to sign the petition.

to be honest altho most of these charities who reciieve our donations are worthy.....im sick of seeing and hearing about it, who, out of them that recieve the donations would eve stand by the pigeon men and complain about the bops etc ? none of them........

as for the rpra and other unions, well........they have had 20 years to start up some action and only now thy have started to make the right noises, and thats probably all they are, noises...........it will just follow the same path as everything else and will be forgot about in a few months time, lets see where the action is this time next year, in my opinion it will be no further on,

well done gary for all your efforts, you did your fellow fanciers and the hobby/sport of pigeon keeping proud, lets hope mr waldrop and cronies show the same comitment........
Back to top Go down
richardpayne
Hatchling
Hatchling

Location : Esperanza Les LaNDES VALEGuernsey Channel IslandGY3 5JJ GY35JJ s

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 am

Gaz b wrote:
Cheers guys, I think fanciers may have been more receptive if we would have been asking them for money, but I was trying to prove a point. The point was you can take action without it costing the earth, web site, petition, leaflets, information, research,admin.
It cost nothing, but now guys start jingling those pound coins as you dig deep, because the next action taken you will be paying for it, without a doubt.

The SHU action cost thousands.
The trial ran from 8 January to 30 April 2009. Useable log books of observations
were returned from 23 of the original 45 lofts.
The insufficient sample of lofts that submitted observations for this trial, issues over the experimental design (which were compounded further by the small sample) and the quantity and quality of the observational data collected meant that it was impossible to draw any firm conclusions regarding the effects of the two management types on Sparrowhawk attack rates at pigeon lofts.

I see a trend forming.

Cheers anyway guys.
Nows time for mr to get stuck into my birds and loft.
thanks and well done Gary from Richard
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 am

Cheers David and Richard and I hadn't begun.
Noises, It's been quiet for a while mate, for a deliberate reason.
They don't have a clue.
I feel that i should make a prediction here.
It's a shame I couldn't put in an envelope to be opened and read in six months time.
They just don't have a clue mate.
They should concentrate on the Sparrowhawk and leave the Peregrine out of the equation.
The peregrine have become the nations most loved bird, the biggest success story there has ever been.
Attack them and in theory you attack the whole nation of bird lovers.
Throw 25 million at it, you will get nowhere.
Churches and big buildings that desperately need funds to do much needed repairs are getting Heritage grants on the back of peregrine nesting in these buildings.
This speaks for itself.
Take on the church and the Heritage societies, you will get nowhere.
When the unions take action, they have to pay attention to detail, and exploit the finer points. Because every failed action is a string to the RSPB's bow and they will use these statistics against us for years to come.
This has been proven by the SHU report.
The trial ran from 8 January to 30 April 2009 it was submitted on the 21st January 2010.
We are now feeling the backlash of it's failure in 2012.
Reasons for it's failure.
1. It was not fully supported by it's membership.
Only 23 reports were returned from it's 45 lofts taking part. This in its self was the biggest failure.
Percentage wise, this must have been about about 5% of lofts in Scotland.
2. The study was done when loft activity was at it's lowest, also making sparrowhawk activity at it's lowest, so in reality the study was worthless.
3. It should have been concentrating on loft attacks on pigeons, when there was lots of activity, old bird racing and youngbirds. This would have given a truer picture of attacks, as the would have been more intense due to the availability of food.

If the combined unions were to do a study it would have to concentrate on much more than 5% of the fancy. But we all know this wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:35 am

Gaz,

all your time and effort will not go unnoticed by those that Really care.

all the best mate, and a massive pat on the back from me who has only just started in the sport.

Tony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astarpigeoncouriers.co.uk
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Cheers Tony.
At least we got some birders to recognise we had a problem, maybe that was a start mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ive given this some serious thought.   Ive given this some serious thought. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ive given this some serious thought.
Page 1 of 1