Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 4:09 pm

» Good Morning
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» King removes Patronage
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Vote_lcapyou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Voting_baryou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Vote_lcapyou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Voting_baryou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222766 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info

Go down 
+3
kev d
peel bros
birdy2011
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 am

mine are opened up at 12 let out at 6pm fed then left alone i let it get dark natural and close the shutters just before bed
there fed half there feed at 12 and the other half around 6.45
so no bird should go to rest with a full crop there all on a 50/50 mix
depuritive and bucktons irish mix
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:58 am

That's the one Sean, food that is easily digested is a must in youngbirds. some fanciers used to laugh at me, because of my different bins of different grains.
Just look at a baby for example when we wean them, we give them food that is easily digested, if it's not they will either be sick or become constipated or both.
When a pigeon becomes constipated it holds corn in its crop because its system cannot process it, they then start to consume large amounts of water, this will do two things. Aid them to induce vomiting to clear the undigested corn from their crop and also help them flush their whole system, hence the watery droppings.

Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 am

peel bros wrote:
David wrote:
i think feeding to late in the day before darkening the loft doesnt do them any good, they dont get long enough to digest the food properly, also feeding too heavily whilst on the dark isnt good.......JUST MY OPINION.

your right david,ryan who helps us used to over feed our ybs,we fed them about an hour before darkening them, far tooo late.we now feed them once at 11 oclock and thats it,we now have better control over them also. i think you tend to gice ybs far too much with them being just babies but believe me its a big mistake,thats the problem holding corn in the crop,we hd to starve ours last year for about 4 to 5 days to clear the crop. we just used wheat and barley///this is just our way you do,nt have to use it though ,just trying to help

i agree ray, i let my ybs out at this stage once a day, when they land i try get them in the loft straight away and feed them 50% super diet and 50% widowhood mix, they are only given 1 oz per bird and thats it for the day, no more food.........obviously they get grit etc but this also means that by the next day the food has been fully digested and they trap when called.........(well this is once my system is in full swing)

personally i dont think ybs need exercising or feeding twice a day at this stage, but this is just my opinion, i know others do things differently to suit themselves.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 am

last year i only exercised once per day and they would do 1 1/2 hours i think its enough and i only feed 1 ounce per bird also its a lite mix called junior plus by versa laga and when i compare it to the no maize yb mixes it astounds me just how heavy some of these yb mixes can be look at buctons yb mix with no maize theres so many maple peas in it that you would think it was breed and wean lol not knocking buctons quality though as i use their conditioner
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 am

what do members think to yb mixes? you can get a no maize yb mix and one with maize, do ybs need maize in their diet or not....?

also some feed thier ybs on a normal widowhood mix, i do myself but its mixed 50/50 with super diet so its a lighter mix.
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:27 pm

David wrote:
what do members think to yb mixes? you can get a no maize yb mix and one with maize, do ybs need maize in their diet or not....?

also some feed thier ybs on a normal widowhood mix, i do myself but its mixed 50/50 with super diet so its a lighter mix.

my y/bs are fed on 70% depurative 10% layers pellets and 20% super breeding and they are fed by hand in the trays
i will change the feed once they are ready for training sean
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 pm

My youngbirds are fed a mix of high carbs and seeds which are oil rich. White Dari, safflower, Naked Oats, Red Dari, Lots of small seeds including Niger, and Millet, Paddy Rice, Wheat, Buckwheat, Hemp, Linseed, Rapeseed, Peeled Rice.
They get no maize or peas until they are flying for at least an hour.
Then I will add small roundberry maize, popcorn maize, white and blue peas.
I feed this on the loft floor after I scrape it.
They get vitamins once a week in the water, they also get garlic and honey in their water once a week.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 pm

gary why do you feed on the loft floor ? i know you scrape it but why dont you feed in trays.....?

just interested to know.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 pm

It teaches them to become competitive with each other, just like in the wild, plus I'm up close to them as I do it, this helps them to form a bond with me as well as associating me with food. It also helps me see the character in the birds and spot the dominant ones.
When the get older, I will always have peanuts in my loft coat, so the ones that come to greet me will get a treat, soon after they will all be competing to greet me.
It's just my way David, Ive always been the same.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm

im the same gaz always hand feed um them what dont come get nowt they soon come next time and like you say they get to know you and bond better
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:56 pm

I know to some it may sound a little daft, but I enjoy it, it's like my time with em.
I like them all to to feel comfortable and confident when I'm in the loft, this is when I discover my favourites. and give em silly names. lol! lol!
It's gotta to done g, this way the learn who's boss.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:59 pm

i still sit with them and place the corn in the trays by hand etc, but i personally dont like the idea of feeding on the floor and prefer shallow wooden trays....... Razz
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm

once again gaz thats me i got a stock pair off daz and some y/b last year

the red you see in the silly pics is not mocked up this is there carictor

bond with your birds you will win far more ray has his nephew who cares for his y/b and we have seen that its time to let him motivate um feed im not so sure best of luck ray try the 3 box system barry knows
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm

I used to use a similar system, but mine just had two openings and a divider.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Even the stock birds I brought from kev's I have them all tame.
Like you see in some of pics I have done with them on me hands and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2