Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Today at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 112 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 111 Guests :: 2 Bots

Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Vote_lcapyou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Voting_baryou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Vote_rcap 
David
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Vote_lcapyou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Voting_baryou bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info

Go down 
+3
kev d
peel bros
birdy2011
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Empty
PostSubject: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 pm

trust me if you follow what is written you will not have a problem with young bird sickness again.
The
3 steps will not stop young bird sickness coming into your loft, but it
will 100% clear young bird sickness from your birds in under 30 HOURS.

First
off how do our young birds catch the sickness, at one time you would
catch young bird sickness when you mixed your birds with others when
training, or the first or second race, they come back from the trainer
or race and by Tuesday pm they are being sick, and it takes 2 or 3 weeks
before they can be race again, now fanciers are catching sickness long
before they are mixed with other birds I personally believe the sickness
is air born and it can now spread just by your pigeons flying with
other youngsters when you let them out. Yours come back from flying with
5 or 6 youngsters from another loft and land with yours, this could be
another way,
ONE of the first signs is when they land after a fly you
will see 1 or 2 pecking at the floor, picking up bits of wood or
plastic or anything the birds can or pick up, the young birds seem not
to know what to do with themselves, when you call them to come in the
shed 1 or 2 just will not go in and you know they are hungry they seem
to not know the way to go into the shed. And when they do go in they eat
for England, it starts off with 1 or 2 and in the end you have up to
60% of the birds acting this way these are a couple of signs to look
for.

Also when you let them out you open the doors or trap and
they just look at you, they just don't want to fly, if you chase them
out they fly for about 15 mins, also they tend to go off their food
slightly, tend to take longer to clear their feed.
In the mornings
handle 6 to 10 birds each day to find out if they have corn still left
in crop this is the last sign before young birds sickness, so keep a
close eye on them.

I will tell you now the 3 steps will only work
if you have got young bird sickness, just because birds have corn in
crop in the morning, this does not mean they have the sickness. If you
have birds that are not digesting their corn at all, then you can use
the 3 steps.
Lets say you feed your young birds Monday AM and by Tues AM, they still have corn in crop then yes use the 3 steps.

PRODUCTS YOU WILL NEED =

There are 2 products you need to purchase, 1 from the supermarket first is SODA CRYSTAL.
The
second product from a chemist is MEDICINAL CHARCOAL TABLETS, which
contains 100 tablets cut in half this will give you 200 doses, you give
half per young bird (make sure you buy tablets not capsules they are
more expensive) I buy mine from BOOTS £2.99 for 100 tablets. They work
on old birds too, if they are having problems with vomiting.

RIGHT THIS IS WHAT YOU DO =

If
the young birds retain the corn for more than 24 hours or being sick,
the following will be sufficient to treat 20 birds so you will have to
make up as required:
ADD 5 teaspoons of soda crystal and 100 mls of
warm water and stir till dissolved, it doesn't matter if you put 10
teaspoons you can not overdose with the amount.
So do not worry it
will not hurt them, you need a syringe to syringe 5 ml down each birds
throat, this will make them vomit up all the corn in the crop.
Leave
them for half hour, if they have not been sick syringe 5 ml more down
each birds throat you must make them SICK, the soda will sterilize their
crop.
When they are sick feel the crop you might have to syringe
them 1 more time, you must make sure the crop is completely empty of all
corn, once you make sure the crop is empty let them rest for half hour
then give them half of charcoal pill each.
When you are making them
sick place them in a pen with grids or upturn a crate so they can not
pick up corn when they are sick, OR you will have to watch them.
REMEMBER this works in seconds as soon as you syringe the 5 mls down the throat they will vomit straight away.

The
next part is the most important once you give half of charcoal pill you
must not feed for 26 HOURS please do not feed THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT.
Now when you feed you must only give them DEPURITIVE or DIET and you only give each bird quarter ounce only NO more that day.
The reason for the half pill is it goes through them and cleans them through from crop to back end.
And
you only give them a light feed to start with the next day to start the
crop moving, give birds quarter ounce depuritive or diet mix late
evening. On second day, half ounce depuritive. On third day 50%
depuritive 50% corn, once AM and the same late PM.
Next day feed back to normal, young bird sickness gone, you must follow instruction VERY IMPORTANT.

SO THE 3 STEPS ARE =
1 - SYRINGE 5ML DOWN THROAT TILL SICK
2 - HALF CHARCOAL PILL FOR EACH BIRD
3 - DO NOT FEED FOR 26 HOURS

From now on you do not have to worry about young bird sickness you now have the tools to deal with it
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:45 pm

it takes some geting rid of ,i should know remember i had it last year and misses the first 2 yb races because of it.i ended up losing one yb with it and got the rest sorted out and i went on to have a decent yb season ....it is horrible when you get it yes...hope i do,nt get it again as it does get you down
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 pm

never seen it ray all came after i packed up dont want it either i put this up cus i found it and if it helps anyone then all well and good
maybe you could put up what you did to get yours right im sure people will be interested to know before anything happens so they cane at least have some idea what to do
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 pm

this is a tried and tested system ray very cheap and effective .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 pm

i,m not knocking it kev,i,m just saying its hard to get rid of.yes g i will check my books tomorrow and let everyone know what to do
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 pm

top man ray look forward to reading it as i say any help is better than none and people will have some idea what to do
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Ive only ever had it once, that was back in 2000 when I raced with Stewhit.
It was when we put the birds on the darkness.
I would agree with some of what is written in Graham's post.
The crystals would do the same job a epsom salts, this is called purging inducing vomiting, charcoal i always give mixed with my grit as it does help the intestines.
It was horrendous when we got it, we was mopping and disinfecting the loft three times a day.
You will find that at the start their water consumption will increase dramatically before any vomiting.
Because when they first contract Adenovirus they struggle to digest heavy corn grains and sometimes you will even see them gorging the grit.
This is why I only feed the lighter grains to my young birds.
The best way is to know the signs.
Once you see their water intake increase, remove all grit pots, starve them for twenty four hours. Then give them only depurative and elderberry juice in the drinker. Once they have eaten and had a drink remove the drinker until the following day.
We didn't have a clue when we got it, but this is how we did it.
I think we lost two birds, Ste was going to bin bag the lot, but we pulled them through it and we had a few winners that season.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 pm

thanks for your imput gary im sure all will be taking notes

as ive said not seen it not had it as i packed up around the time it must

have reared its ugly head

my guess is though and it is only a guess to give meds first will only make things worse because the liver and kidneys are at full stretch and need to rest so they can filter away all the crap giving meds in my opinion will only slow this down
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

mine once had it, just gave nyfuramycin, sorted within a week........... cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Meds will do more harm than good mate, like you said their liver and kidneys are working overtime trying to flush it out, it's not a pretty sight mate.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 pm

What you have to watch for is secondary infections.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

i think feeding to late in the day before darkening the loft doesnt do them any good, they dont get long enough to digest the food properly, also feeding too heavily whilst on the dark isnt good.......JUST MY OPINION.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I think your spot on mate.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm

thats a good point david we all need to consider things like that and ventilation
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

this may sound daft to some but has anyone ever thought to soak there corn for a few hours then strain away the water and feed it
dont know if it would take anything away from the food but surley it would aid diguestion just a thought no feck it ill try some late breds on it some ones got to try these things
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

yes graham, i think some fanciers tend to overlook the basics when having ybs on the dark......
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm

i was given a tip by an old boy who lives in watford a good freind of mine and he said he used gaviscon in the drinkers ....i had it last year and the year before and i think that fanciers themselves can carry it from loft to loft ....last year the birds were starved for 24 hours and given charcoal tab then gradualy build up the feed but they seemed to get a secondary illness so i used nifuramycin for 5 days and the birds missed the first two races but i won the 3rd race by 8 mins only flying from 70 miles and went on to have a few more winners.....i dont like to use meds but i do believe they have their place as a last resort jmo so dont slate me lads lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm

if my ybs got it i would use nyfuramycin straight away, no hesitation.......in fact i always have a packet by for emergencies.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm

i was speaking to nigel cowood back last year and he says nifuramycin is a very mild antibiotic so much so that he does not treat after use with nystatin
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm

i wouldnt knock anyone who used meds to put it right and no doubt if you had it befor you will use the same stuff that got um well last time any imput on matters like this is usefull not there to be knocked as we are all trying to eliminate something its in everyones interest to post there findings as your birds have to travel with many others each week
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 pm

I agree Darren and David, but it won't kill the Adenovirus, and yes it will kill the secondary infections associated.
When your birds get this lads, you will try anything to save them.
Again Darren I agree mate, they do have their place and it's a necessity in these instances.
Good point g.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Gaz b wrote:
I agree Darren and David, but it won't kill the Adenovirus, and yes it will kill the secondary infections associated.
When your birds get this lads, you will try anything to save them.
Again Darren I agree mate, they do have their place and it's a necessity in these instances.
Good point g.

yes your rite gaz it will only deal with the coli side of the adeno coli syndrome but i think this gives the bird a better chance to fight off the virus if you deal with the secondary illness
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 am

Bang on there Darren, but you have to control the watery droppings and the birds dehydration before these will take effect. I think that is what makes it so difficult.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:18 am

David wrote:
i think feeding to late in the day before darkening the loft doesnt do them any good, they dont get long enough to digest the food properly, also feeding too heavily whilst on the dark isnt good.......JUST MY OPINION.

your right david,ryan who helps us used to over feed our ybs,we fed them about an hour before darkening them, far tooo late.we now feed them once at 11 oclock and thats it,we now have better control over them also. i think you tend to gice ybs far too much with them being just babies but believe me its a big mistake,thats the problem holding corn in the crop,we hd to starve ours last year for about 4 to 5 days to clear the crop. we just used wheat and barley///this is just our way you do,nt have to use it though ,just trying to help
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am

peel bros wrote:
David wrote:

your right david,ryan who helps us used to over feed our ybs,we fed them about an hour before darkening them, far tooo late.we now feed them once at 11 oclock and thats it,we now have better control over them also. i think you tend to gice ybs far too much with them being just babies but believe me its a big mistake,thats the problem holding corn in the crop,we hd to starve ours last year for about 4 to 5 days to clear the crop. we just used wheat and barley///this is just our way you do,nt have to use it though ,just trying to help
due to my work situation my y/bs are on the dark untill 1-30 -2-0 then the shutter opened these are fed at aprox 8-15 then darkened back down at 9 latest and they are spot on
i think the problem is people feeding too heavy that brings the dreded y/b sickness
mine are only fed once and they are fed tight on a light mix sean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info    you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info  Empty

Back to top Go down

you bird sickness dont knock it if you dont agree its only info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next