Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
who is to blame for a east wind Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) who is to blame for a east wind 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.who is to blame for a east wind Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
who is to blame for a east wind Vote_lcapwho is to blame for a east wind Voting_barwho is to blame for a east wind Vote_rcap 
David
who is to blame for a east wind Vote_lcapwho is to blame for a east wind Voting_barwho is to blame for a east wind Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
who is to blame for a east wind Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
who is to blame for a east wind Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

who is to blame for a east wind

Go down 
+5
peel bros
stormqueen
Don Webb
andyw
George & Morgan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

who is to blame for a east wind Empty
PostSubject: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:21 pm

i'm not pretending that i know anything about racing pigeons or the weather but i have been reading the comments on who is to blame when there is a disaster everyone new with east wind forecast it was going to be a hard day on saturday but you still put your birds in the basket and think thats it, the problem with a east wind is it is unpredictable and the weather usually is worse not better i can understand blame being put on someone if the forecast was to change from good to bad but not this time maybe we need a scale to give fanciers a more simpler way to judge a race and that is on points system were say a tail wind would be very low points up to a east or north east wind would be 8-10 points if at the liberation site there was a change in the weather the points would then change and if up from basketing this could show up on a decision to liberate hope this makes sense george
Back to top Go down
andyw
Chipping
Chipping
andyw

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:59 pm

have i read this correct is what you are saying is that the higher the score rating the less likely you are to get a liberation
or are you saying that the birds accumulate points on how well they do in different winds at liberation
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:17 pm

the higher the points the harder the race so in a east wind thats 8-10 that way if you send any birds don't complain in a E or NE it is almost impossible to predict if it will be a disaster or a hard race you think and hope it's going be ok all the hard races this year have come in a E orNE wind and you still want to blame someone else on Friday posts were going up that Saturday was going to be hard one well they were correct next Saturday looks like due south which will make it a tail wind george
Back to top Go down
andyw
Chipping
Chipping
andyw

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:38 pm

the trouble is the british weather can change at a blink of the eye so not sure if points would help the birds would already be at the lib site and you cant phone up and say ive changed my mind let all the other birds go but bring mine back. and at the end of the day if your not in you wont win . we all have a choice but at liberation there is a decision to be made and imo the birds welfare should come first not the truck drivers. hes getting paid do do a job so he should do it properly if hes unsure what to do he has contacts that will make the final decision
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 pm

The only thing i can say about east winds is it sorts the birds out compared to blow homes / easy races
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:27 am

A ndyw i will try once again to explain to you what i meant if you know that a race is rated 8-10 before you send them and it turns out to be true then what you get is from a hard race to a disaster you know before you put your birds in the basket this is what it could be it is almost impossible to tell how cold a E or NE wind is over a distance of 200-300 mls and flying from the south to the north of England a pigeon can take so many hard races and then justs gives up and usually a fresh bird say a late bred or a bird having it's first race will shine through so understand you cannot predict how hard a race in east or north east wind is going to be that is impossible and different from a easy race turning into a hard race a few weeks ago i said in fishing there is a saying when the wind is from the east fish will be the least and take my word on it it will be fanciers must take more notice of the weather and put that against the size of there race team george
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 am

easerly winds are deadly to the reacing pigeon. but a good bird will get through where a young bird wont put there noses in to it for long. but if you add rain clound cover you dont expect a race controller to let them off. then you get what we got 86 birds home out of 700 .
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:23 am

Don Webb wrote:
The only thing i can say about east winds is it sorts the birds out compared to blow homes / easy races

it certainly sorted mine out don,i,m still 7 missing ,but if they are not good enough there not good enough you have to hold your hands up and admit it to be honest,but to be fair i think the birds this year have had it very hard with every race being a hard one,so sometimes i think they cannot be blamed when they go missing or are late but it has sorted mine out but on the other hand a lot have called it a day this season ,which is not a good sign at all
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 am

are many of the birds today bred for speed and not endurence

a lot of the belgun birds dont race far ie 50 60 70 mile races 7 days aweek

and yet we continue to purchase them but are they good birds
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 am

i was thinking just the same thing but thought i had said enough george
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 am

RAY does that mean you will now get rid of the parent birds of those who did not make it back george
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:01 am

i dont have a clue about winds and point systems etc, but are the drivers who liberate them pigeon fanciers ? do they have the say weather to liberate ? do they have any say ? if not who does have the final say ?

also i think the birds welfare should come first, the driver has taken on the job so he cant grumble if there is an holdover, it seems a lot of these decisions on liberation are down to money.......and sod the bird.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

These guys have it sussed.
http://wolverhamptonfed.co.uk/
you can't argue when you see it done like this, it wouldn't take much to set up for any fed.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 am

david always think twice before sending in a E or NE wind north road would be SE what they say about a east wind is if you have a east wind one day and it is still there the next day then you are in for very bad weather george
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 pm

whats all the fuss about east winds , east winds to the west country flyers are spot on cos they help them to keep over the west side of the country and the cornwall and devon boys get really high vel with east winds
90% of the time we have to fly in westerly winds and thats a head wind to us down hear get a grip if the birds arn,t up to it then its tough shit . i think its got more to do with all these new gadgets we have now mobiles laptops satatilte tv all need signals to work its got to effect our birds some how , or the birds just not up to it
with been bred from untried stock what haven,t raced for years . at the end of the day no one makes you send your birds your the boss im not keeping them at home cos its a east wind there racing pigeons so thats what they will do if there fit then they will go end of .
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:32 pm

One thing I have been thinking about over the past couple of days. This weather we have been having of late is typical British weather, ok for the last 6 or 7 years we have had pretty mild weather.
Take a look at a lot of the pigeon breeds we keep today, many are of the small slender athletic European type pigeons.
I think a lot of these breeds are fair weather pigeons and cannot cope with these harsh weather racing conditions.
Look at a lot of well established fanciers with the older traditional breeds, they might be a bigger heavier pigeon that cannot compete on fine weather days, but give them harsh conditions that requires endurance and they will come every time.
Just a a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 pm

peel bros wrote:
Don Webb wrote:

it certainly sorted mine out don,i,m still 7 missing ,but if they are not good enough there not good enough you have to hold your hands up and admit it to be honest,but to be fair i think the birds this year have had it very hard with every race being a hard one,so sometimes i think they cannot be blamed when they go missing or are late but it has sorted mine out but on the other hand a lot have called it a day this season ,which is not a good sign at all

Will agree with you Ray about the season being hard all round mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Gaz b wrote:
These guys have it sussed.
http://wolverhamptonfed.co.uk/
you can't argue when you see it done like this, it wouldn't take much to set up for any fed.

Gary that is a new transporter mate raced in the wolverhampton fed a few times the old transported was painted Gold and Black like the wolves colours, this site is a new site as Bill Paddock died and no one did the site work so from what i see is a new web site also mate and it looks a good one also

Must say mate every time i convoyed the worcester fed the liberation i did was the same the birds always come out like bullets even when you watched the other feds

Have never seen pigeons coming out slowly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who is to blame for a east wind   who is to blame for a east wind Empty

Back to top Go down

who is to blame for a east wind
Page 1 of 1