Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 116 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 116 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Vote_lcapTO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Voting_barTO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Vote_rcap 
David
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Vote_lcapTO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Voting_barTO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET

Go down 
+6
friendsloft
fred holbard
David
peel bros
IANYOUNG
stormqueen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Empty
PostSubject: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:36 pm

THE HENS HAVE BEEN IN WITH THE COCKS NOW FOR 10 DAYS AND OUT OF 9 PAIR ONLY TWO PAIRED UP NEVER BEEN THIS LONG THE LAST THREE YEARS
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:38 pm

john got 36 pairs only one hasnt paired up , i would put them in boxes together instead of letting them pick there own mate
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

well i will give them until friday if nothing happening i will ock them together see if thats going to help really has been a night mare so far
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:28 pm

did you lock them up in the first place
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 pm

hi john, are these new pairings or birds which have been together last year......?
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:18 pm

no david there last year yongsters same as the rest in that section
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:25 pm

oh right john, i put three pairs of yearlings together and only one pair took to each other and all the other two pairs did was fight........so i put those in a section by them selves with a couple of spare hens and over the last few days the cocks have picked their own mates which im not too bothered over as they might only be feeders.......
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 pm

yes well my plan was to let them pick there hens and then after they are paired i was going to float the stock lofts eggs under them as none of that 9 pair has prooved there self yet but if they dont pair up in the next 3 days i will have to think of sommit ealse david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:29 pm

what about seperating them for a few days john, then trying them together again.....?
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi stormqueen, have you tried putting a few of them back into the young bird shed, the one they raced to as babies, once they're in the corner with a bowl a couple of days you can transfer them back
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 pm

i might try that thanks for that
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 pm

That will work John i have a pair in young bird section now and tthey have paired up, so will leave them for a couple of more days before i put them back
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:41 pm

my reasoning is it's all about contentment, they will be confident in their old surroundings
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Thats very true the cock went straight to his old pippo box
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 pm

fred holbard wrote:
my reasoning is it's all about contentment, they will be confident in their old surroundings

sounds about right fred, the two pairs i mentioned were put back into their yb section.......now they are paired up so ill transfer them into the nestox section tommorrow hopefully.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:51 pm

be careful when you transfer them back to the old bird shed, because although they will be paired, the cock may still bash the hen, I would return the cock first leave him in the box (half shut) and he will call like mad, that's the time to reintroduce the hen
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 pm

hi fred, what i was planning on doing is locking them both in the box with a partition in between them so they can see each other for a while........then ill keep trying them without the partition to see how they go and maybe still leave them in the box overnight to get used to their new box as the hens have never been in the nestbox section before.

what do you think.....?
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 pm

yes David that sounds perfect, you must remember they are still big babies, it will take time for them to become men, they think of the hen as a threat to their territory so it's softly softly catch a monkey. Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:42 pm

yes fred i think you are spot on there, all the yearling cocks were doing is fighting like mad with the yearling hens.......just didnt want to know about pairing up.
the only pair of yearlings which did pair without problem were paired up to each other as ybs in the yb section so all i did was put them back together, altho they di fight a bit at first...... No
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 pm

here's another thing you can do to change their environment, if you have the time, I don't I'm at work Rolling Eyes

let them out into the air a pair at a time, so long as they ain't stock birds Laughing

let the cock out first, let him have a fly, land on the shed, then let the hen fly up to him

when the cock treads the hen for the first time, you will see a different pigeon.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:55 pm

yes fred ive heard of that before, but i didnt have time to do it this year......one other problem i will have when i put the two pairs into the nestbox section is that they didnt already have their own box so ill need to lock them in one till they take to it and defend it, the boxes i have earmarked for them have been closed up tho so no other cocks have cobtro; of them...... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Very Happy hi lads, I paired up on saturday 24 pairs, stock and racers. the stock birds were locked with the hens all new pairings, after day 1 from 11 pairs only 2 hadnt paired up. However in the racing loft 13 pairs left together to get on with it after day 1 only 5 had paired up and from those 2 found mates from last year so dont count. What a difference so I would say putting them in boxes first is a must.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm

yes martyn, would always try them in boxes first with a partition between them.......then i usually watch them during the day and if i see they are showing interest in each other i open the partition to see how they go........if they fight i seperate again or if they are not too bad i put half a brick in the box for the hen to get away from the cock if need be. if after a day or so they dont like each other i either try another hen or put the birds into the yb section loose to let them relax and seeif this is better for them...... cat
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Very Happy Hi david, yep thats it I do the same as you then, lock the cock in the nest pan side and the hen in the alley, he can see her and drive but not touch works a treat. Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 pm

yes works a treat with a widowhoodfront as a partition...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET   TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET Empty

Back to top Go down

TO COLD BIRDS NOT PAIRING UP YET
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next