Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
poultry layers / growers pellets Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) poultry layers / growers pellets 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 102 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.poultry layers / growers pellets Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
poultry layers / growers pellets Vote_lcappoultry layers / growers pellets Voting_barpoultry layers / growers pellets Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
poultry layers / growers pellets Vote_lcappoultry layers / growers pellets Voting_barpoultry layers / growers pellets Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
poultry layers / growers pellets Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
poultry layers / growers pellets Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

poultry layers / growers pellets

Go down 
+4
killer
birdy2011
David
cowandchicken
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

poultry layers / growers pellets Empty
PostSubject: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 am

Has anybody got any info on using these. EG brands, sizes, amounts to use, or any thoughts on them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 pm

i used them many years ago when breeding, they reared lovely healthy ybs......and in my opinion are better than the boss pellets you can buy now, which are quite expensive i think .
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm

i think 99% of pellets now contain no additives ie medication

most would be good to at to a breeding mix around 15 % would be ideal

it only takes a chicken 45 days from hatch to your plate so they cant be that bad

happy breeding

p.s ive used um at the rate of 25% and cant fault the youngsters

always be sure that you have plenty of water in the drinkers as they do tend

to drink more when useing pellets also dont forget black minerals and grits

try to refresh them each day

happy breeding

Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 pm

We prefer to use the Turkey ones :they are higher in protein etc ;we feed about 3 times a week ;
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm

i been using g10 pellets by gem for about 9 months now at 10% of their mix but will increase to 20% when breeding ...i dont think theirs anything wrong with the poultry ones but i just like the g10 as they contain gem the pax which i used to use on its own prior to using the g10 ......these pellets contain all the vits and are high in protein
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 pm

i found the layers pellets the best i used them for over 30 years i know guys who race on them only adding some maize to them i also visited a small stud and they only feed barley and layers pellets all year round and his y/bs are superb
i do find that they tend to drink more water but i would feed as much as 30% for breeding but if racing cut it back to 10% max why pay more for a fancy name sean
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

yes i have birds here that were reared on pellets and barley and would use myself for resting periods but we have no decent supplier localy for loose corn so just stick with a good mix pre bagged
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Interesting Smile will look into these Smile anything to help.

But yep as has been said, stick a pigeon on something and the price goes straight up No
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Alex wrote:
Interesting Smile will look into these Smile anything to help.

But yep as has been said, stick a pigeon on something and the price goes straight up No

yes i agree pigeon products are overpriced but theirs some products i would use no matter the cost ...the very few i know make a difference to the birds
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Never used them when i was racing but from what other fanciers said about them they never had a bad word always used them
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:16 am

Thanks for the input guys think i will give them a go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poultry layers / growers pellets   poultry layers / growers pellets Empty

Back to top Go down

poultry layers / growers pellets
Page 1 of 1