Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Vote_lcapLay Soft Horse Bedding..... Voting_barLay Soft Horse Bedding..... Vote_rcap 
David
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Vote_lcapLay Soft Horse Bedding..... Voting_barLay Soft Horse Bedding..... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Empty
PostSubject: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:15 pm

finally gotthe laysoft horse bedding down in stock shed, had used straw for the last couple of breeding seasons but by what ive been told by members who use it i decided to give it a try.......the straw i had down had only been in for approx 10 days and when i was taking it out it was damp and horrible, maybe due to it beeing wet and snowing but i never realized how nasty it was until i put the lay soft down.......one thing is for certain, i wont be going back to straw now, this horse bedding is excellent and only £6 a bag. Very Happy

thanks all for the tip...... Very Happy

heres a couple of pics to show how it looks, not very good ones tho im afraid....... pig

Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... 012-1

Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... 017
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:35 pm

yes david looks good and the pigeons love it only one down fall sticks to your feet put a grill at the loft door
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 pm

yes true ian, good tip.....just what i was needing to know. Very Happy so what do you do ian, rake over every now and then and remove droppings every so often and top up as necessary....?
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Looks great David. i would rake it every couple of days, If you are finding little mounds of crap i would take them out stright away.

Another plus is this stuff is not dusty like straw.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm

dark_chequer wrote:
Looks great David. i would rake it every couple of days, If you are finding little mounds of crap i would take them out stright away.

yes amanda your right, when i was taking the straw out it was horrible, damp, dusty etc and only been down approx 10 days too.......this laysoft is great, i wont ever use straw on the floor again, do you use the laysoft in the yb section ? and if so when do you take it out, or do you leave it in while they are racing.....? its that good im thinking of using it in all my sections all the time. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Very Happy Hi david I have been using that for a few months now in the stock loft, and a sprimkle in the racing loft after a clean out, it smells nice and is very dry.
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:29 pm

DAVID wrote:
dark_chequer wrote:

yes amanda your right, when i was taking the straw out it was horrible, damp, dusty etc and only been down approx 10 days too.......this laysoft is great, i wont ever use straw on the floor again, do you use the laysoft in the yb section ? and if so when do you take it out, or do you leave it in while they are racing.....? its that good im thinking of using it in all my sections all the time. scratch

Im not useing it David im cleaning out every day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
But if i were you i would leave it down for as long as poss. When we had the horses we just added more every so often and gave it a really good raking.
I bet the birds love dont they David?
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 pm

yes they do amanda, they are laying in it or just pecking around in it.......hardly any fighting too they are all knocking about with each other on the floor, all seem very calm and happy.......strange scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:11 pm

good stuff eh david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:20 pm

yes great stuff ian, where do you have it ....? just stock shed or do you put it in other sections and yb section.....?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....   Lay Soft Horse Bedding..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Lay Soft Horse Bedding.....
Page 1 of 1