Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» escaped birds return
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
You can lead a horse to water Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) You can lead a horse to water 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 96 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.You can lead a horse to water Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
You can lead a horse to water Vote_lcapYou can lead a horse to water Voting_barYou can lead a horse to water Vote_rcap 
David
You can lead a horse to water Vote_lcapYou can lead a horse to water Voting_barYou can lead a horse to water Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222592 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
You can lead a horse to water Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
You can lead a horse to water Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

You can lead a horse to water

Go down 
+5
Rene A
skytx
Gaz b
David
EssexSteve
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

You can lead a horse to water Empty
PostSubject: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Well I finally decided that you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink, You spend time telling people not to do things or go down a certain road, then you look away for a minute and off they go.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:47 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Well I finally decided that you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink, You spend time telling people not to do things or go down a certain road, then you look away for a minute and off they go.

what you on about steve............ scratch
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:54 pm

You know the boy Jake ? went round his and his shed is full of meds
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm

mystic Gaz here, what did I tell ya mate. save your breath mate.
Tell um jack. study
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
skytx
Chipping
Chipping
skytx

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Ease up Steve
he may have had the meds just so you could see them.MESS with your MIND.
I know I have several bottles in my loft just to mess with other flyers minds.-Horse meds-cow meds-etc.
If i know they are coming to my loft--I put food coloring in the waters.you'll see them dipt their fingue in it -taste it -trying tp figure out what I pit in them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

EssexSteve wrote:

i think ya loosing the plot steve............ scratch study
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm

i lost that ages ago, it comes with this site lol
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
i lost that ages ago, it comes with this site lol

lol! lol! your right there Steve you dant have to be mad to come on the site but it sure dose help if you are lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:45 pm

best keep your info to your self steve, sometimes your wasting your breath trying to help some people............
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 am

EssexSteve wrote:

steve if you came here you would see the same but they are only used if i need them ...i have thrown out many meds that have passed their sell by date unopened ...dox t ,cocci cure and canker treatment should be in everyones cabinet as back up also some form of wormer although i use something natural for worms ,dont get me wrong i wont use them unless i must and would always go down the natural route wherever i could but when they are racing its a different ball game as they are mixing with all sorts
jmo m8
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am

i`m inclined to agree darren, all pigeon men need a "medicine cabinet" and treatements for if theres no alternative when they get ill......ok some wont even bother to treat and just bin them, but then there are people like you and me who will try to cure them , in which case im not bothered what the "anti" anti-biotic brigade say, ill use them to cure my bird, i dont have time for experrimenting with wierd and wonderfull "theories" some fanciers seem to have ...JMO
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 pm

David wrote:
i`m inclined to agree darren, all pigeon men need a "medicine cabinet" and treatements for if theres no alternative when they get ill......ok some wont even bother to treat and just bin them, but then there are people like you and me who will try to cure them , in which case im not bothered what the "anti" anti-biotic brigade say, ill use them to cure my bird, i dont have time for experrimenting with wierd and wonderfull "theories" some fanciers seem to have ...JMO

yes i agree m8 and think its bad management not to get birds right if they have gone downhill, dont get me wrong i will only give if ill and if it dont work or a paticular bird seems to not be as strong as the others then it has to go,but usualy their is a root cause and steve just remember m8 it was not to long ago you were asking for help yourself ....i think to many pigeon fanciers concentrate on getting fancy pedigree pigeons into the loft when they would be better studying for a while the facts of pigeon diseases
and why they come about then they may well already have the birds they are looking for and save themselves a few quid lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:49 pm

must say i do agree, do keep things for the basics inase they happen and i have something to hand
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm not saying theres no place for Meds but i don't agree with a if it sneezes Baytril it system, What upset me is I was asked to help and to give advice, so I did, then off they went ignored every bit of advice, then when it all went wrong they came back to me to dispose of the birds.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:08 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
I'm not saying theres no place for Meds but i don't agree with a if it sneezes Baytril it system, What upset me is I was asked to help and to give advice, so I did, then off they went ignored every bit of advice, then when it all went wrong they came back to me to dispose of the birds.

yes thats a bit naughty of him steve for sure
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Alex wrote:
must say i do agree, do keep things for the basics inase they happen and i have something to hand
if you dont have things ready to treat with you could well be in trouble as in most cases it could take upto 10 dys to get what you need being prepared is not a crime its useing your head but only treat when you know whats wrong
not willy nilly or you,ll end up with all sorts of probs JMO sean
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:33 pm

yep thats true sean Smile
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 pm

well it did cause trouble sean they got salmonella
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:17 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
well it did cause trouble sean they got salmonella
meds dont cause samonella they cure it what causes it is usually mice or rats urine on corn theres more samonella knocking around than you think stress brings it out also
sean
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:18 am

Your right there Sean, but what is is a new inexperienced fancier doing with lots of meds? it can only lead to trouble mate.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 pm

i bought 3 sachets of nifuramycin off ebay the other day, the expiry date is 2015 so i know if need be i`ll have something to cure most of the common problems the birds can get......as sean says, its no good trying to get hold of the meds once the bird is ill, it may be too late by the time it arrives.

im perfectly happy with using the nifuramycin if a birds ill, i dont see the point in experrimenting with potions to see if it cures the bird, why waste time...?

its 2012, not 1912....... lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 pm

seanl wrote:
Alex wrote:
if you dont have things ready to treat with you could well be in trouble as in most cases it could take upto 10 dys to get what you need being prepared is not a crime its useing your head but only treat when you know whats wrong
not willy nilly or you,ll end up with all sorts of probs JMO sean

Spot on Sean 100% mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:30 pm

EssexSteve wrote:

You know what to say Steve in not to many words mate scratch scratch scratch sorry thats me to the point as always Wink Wink best way to be mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Gaz b wrote:
Your right there Sean, but what is is a new inexperienced fancier doing with lots of meds? it can only lead to trouble mate.

It's the same old story Gaz see all the meds advertised in the book and beleive what is said rather than listern to experienced fanciers who have been there and learnt from there mistakes and can save the next inexperienced fancier money

Lets put it this way when i start racing i will soon be posting any questions about the pigeons before i pay out study study study as we can all learn
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Well Don i wont be doing it again thats for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You can lead a horse to water   You can lead a horse to water Empty

Back to top Go down

You can lead a horse to water
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next