Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Fancier views on the weather please. Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Fancier views on the weather please. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 108 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 107 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Fancier views on the weather please. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Fancier views on the weather please. Vote_lcapFancier views on the weather please. Voting_barFancier views on the weather please. Vote_rcap 
David
Fancier views on the weather please. Vote_lcapFancier views on the weather please. Voting_barFancier views on the weather please. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Fancier views on the weather please. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Fancier views on the weather please. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Fancier views on the weather please.

Go down 
+7
GRIZZLECOCK
seanl
kev d
birdy2011
cowandchicken
oldstrain
Rudderfett
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Fancier views on the weather please. Empty
PostSubject: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Lads Im a bit worried, our club has a transporter and we train togeteher every year, I mostly drive.
The programme was talked about in the meeting and today was the start day for training it was a 6 miles toss, tomorrow is the next at 15 miles and so on.
However it was 25mph east wind and fuxxing freezing if you get my drift, the racing is 3 weekends away and we need to get going but is it wise to continue in such weather? the streeters which are fed crap are still flying about the farm here dispite the weather? What do members think should we wait or continue will birds be lost before we even start?
The club will go tomorrow and all week whatever but at what cost, out of interest I was on today my returns were ok but to me it was only a few miles to shake the cobwebs out, will I sent further tomorrow? my brain says no?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:52 pm

i would not train in these cold east winds but their are always those that will ...the yearlings are the main worry atb
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

I would train up to 10 mile in these weather conditions but no further.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:36 pm

by going a few miles your gaining nothing to be honest let um fly round home more wait till the warmer weather comes your thinking right so do what ya head tells you wait a bit longer its a long season ahead
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm

do what your head tells you , its only 4degrees just think how cold it is in the sky its
got to be minus 3,4 it,s a long old season so go steady with them i am we start on the 20th but my first few races are really short ones so im not to botherd they will soon catch up once the weather turns .
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm

if you want to kill your season before it starts train in this weather you,ll soon wished you had not wait till the suns on their backs otherwise you,ll pay the price your yearlings will drop like flys east winds are no good to man or beast
JMHO sean
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Make no mistake about it ,the big boys will have 1or2teams in training allready,heaters for when they get home,and fit and rareing to go fresh teams to overlap as the better weather arrives,,alas small team flyers have no such luxury and taking a gamble will soon destroy their years plans,lets hope those types blame themselves and not their birds
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 pm

i,m against training in bad weather yes, but its different for me as i have a huge team,but the weather in the last 2 days here been ok,the birds have came fantasically well to be honest.if it got colder i would stop them because as you say all the hard work would be wasted.its been really warm here today especially and i,ve seen big batches training today
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Good views lads, I agree you can ruin your year with rash thinking, thats why Im not going to send, its 4 degrees best here even colder up in the sky, the forcasters say its colder now than in december.
Thing is down here we have a lot of members who are old, or have no transport thats why we have a lorry, and they have small teams but must use the lorry when it goes.
Im fortunate as I have a van and can train whenever, the other huge factor for us again goes bak to Pembrokeshire as a whole, and its perigrine troubles, you train on your own and run the guantlet, mostly the birds get smashed every toss.
When the club trains together with 100,s of birds its safety in numbers, is one of yours today and somebody elses gets it tomorrow averages say you get through ok.
Back to top Go down
daipigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Training   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:27 pm

[quote="Rudderfett"]Good views lads, I agree you can ruin your year with rash thinking, thats why Im not going to send, its 4 degrees best here even colder up in the sky, the forcasters say its colder now than in december.
Thing is down here we have a lot of members who are old, or have no transport thats why we have a lorry, and they have small teams but must use the lorry when it goes.
Im fortunate as I have a van and can train whenever, the other huge factor for us again goes bak to Pembrokeshire as a whole, and its perigrine troubles, you train on your own and run the guantlet, mostly the birds get smashed every toss.
When the club trains together with 100,s of birds its safety in numbers, is one of yours today and somebody elses gets it tomorrow averages say you get through ok.[/Hi Martin, Leave them home, mate, its supposed to be like this for another week at least, had mine out tonight, flew for 10 minutes, couldnt wait to get back in to the loft, bloody freezing in this wind, Did Percy put in an appearance,today? Cheers, Dai
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Dia, No we havent seen percy at the 2 libs yet which really is a miricle or its too bloody cold even for him.. lol
I sent to the first toss only oakwood lost 2, but I think others are a few down, Today has warmed up a bit this afternoon but the wind is still cold and in the shade its not at all warm.
It s difficult deciding as the mornings are cold and you never know whats going to happen in an hour it could turn bitter or like today warm up, I feel Im missing the boat with safety in numbers, but If I send the racers and they are lost I will be gutted as I have built up a nice team of mixed aged birds from 2010 on.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm

3rd day of training today for our club in the freezing wind..(im the driver)..I was up at 6 birds out and fed, waiting for a phone call from the convoyer to see whos on to plan pickups, and guess what?
No ones training?
Lost them all I think...?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:13 pm

to cold in these east winds bet most wasnt ready for training patiants even if you have to miss a race averages aint worth the paper there wriiten on dont go chaseing them jmo
Back to top Go down
daipigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Training   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi Martin, Were there many lost from ST Clears ?, I did see someone training from Kilgetty last night, but yesterday wasn,t too bad, but today its a bloody cold wind again!!!, problem is forecast rain for next week!!!!!, Mine are still not ready to put in the basket, yet, only flying 15 minutes, but that is probably because of the Gosshawk!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Dia you know what they are like ALL HOME MATE, OR 1 MISSING,
More like 1 home..lol
Losses I would say were moderate some had good returns like bateman, but his widows fly 2 hours a day at home, Mine are the same as yours 15 minutes tops.
I would rather train in the rain than in this wind, if we have a bad week next week all the training this week will be a waste? They might as well have waited.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Its bloody cold, thats my view
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Its bloody cold, thats my view
thats because your a southern softy the temps your getting thats barby weather up here lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:45 pm

it been very sunny up this way for over a week now, still a good chill in the wind. but it gets frosty at nyte .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fancier views on the weather please.   Fancier views on the weather please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fancier views on the weather please.
Page 1 of 1