Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
youngsters not going  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:12 pm

» Weather today
youngsters not going  Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
youngsters not going  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
youngsters not going  Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
youngsters not going  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
youngsters not going  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
youngsters not going  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
youngsters not going  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
youngsters not going  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) youngsters not going  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.youngsters not going  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
youngsters not going  Vote_lcapyoungsters not going  Voting_baryoungsters not going  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
youngsters not going  Vote_lcapyoungsters not going  Voting_baryoungsters not going  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222736 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
youngsters not going  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
youngsters not going  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

youngsters not going

Go down 
+3
peel bros
edgie
terryp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
terryp
Hatchling
Hatchling

youngsters not going  Empty
PostSubject: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 pm

hi lads just wondering if any one else has the same problem young birds have been going quite well then Monday let them out off the went cleaned young birds out turned around all back sitting on the gantry done the same today I know it was a cloudy horrible afternoon but expected 30 mins or so any ideas .cheers terryp....
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:59 pm

you dont say how long they have been flying, i.e. days or weeks, if its weeks and they are starting to get lazy, then it may be time to start training them.cheers 
Back to top Go down
terryp
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: youngster not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:08 pm

hi edgie they have been going about a fort night with the sunny weather going away 30/40 minuites coming back then gone again most realy well featherd up.cheers for your advice terryp...
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:56 pm

yes i have the same problem with mine,i,m treating them for canker at the moment as one yb had a touch of it,but mine are only just going now and theres not long now to get them ready.as always i,m miles behind with my ybs but again i,m concentrating more on my old birds.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 pm

i would say yer ybs are starting to get more interested in eachother than exercising especialy if they are around 4 months or older ...this is why I never breed early
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 pm

oldstrain wrote:
i would say yer ybs are starting to get more interested in eachother than exercising especialy if they are around 4 months or older ...this is why I never breed early
nothing like feeling your feet, "ha ha"cheers 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 pm

edgie wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
 nothing like feeling your feet,  "ha ha"cheers 

I could think of much better things to feel lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 pm

i would agree with oldstrain, if they are wanting to pair up or showing interest in the oposite sex then that could be why they are not wanting to fly.......
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:11 pm

My experience of this is the same as what Bert Brasspening talks about in his column each week, He always says if the birds don't listen to you any more or change their habits then there is a problem and its usually bacteria.

I believe what he says is true as I have had this myself in the past, If something changes you need to get them sorted, it could be a ventilation problem or the salmonella bacteria.

Vinegar in the water for the week and cut down the corn will help bacteria, unless its more sinister type, as for ventilation that will stop them flying as will a touch of respritory, When my birds were on the darkness and the front of the loft was sealed off, mine did stop flying and it really bugged me.

What I did was each night at darkening I put a couple of rags just pieces of torn cloth under the perches of all the birds, they were stuck on with a drawing pin, the rags were smothered in VIC the stuff you rub on your chest the loft smelt amazing each morning when I entered and they had vapours all night, the breathing of the birds was helped and they started flying better within a week.
Back to top Go down
terryp
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm

hi lads the young birds are not early bred and are not pairing up must be the same as rays cant under stand why they were going great only a couple of days ago then stoped pigeons look mint arr just remembered theres a couple of kestrel knoking about what a t*t I am and a black cat running around could this be the problem what can you do about a black pussie no daft answers lol. cheers lads terryp... ps do you think we should keep the youngins in for a while to calm down. my mate sais we should flag them don't think so ...
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
My experience of this is the same as what Bert Brasspening talks about in his column each week, He always says if the birds don't listen to you any more or change their habits then there is a problem and its usually bacteria.

I believe what he says is true as I have had this myself in the past, If something changes you need to get them sorted, it could be a ventilation problem or the salmonella bacteria.

Vinegar in the water for the week and cut down the corn will help bacteria, unless its more sinister type, as for ventilation that will stop them flying as will a touch of respritory, When my birds were on the darkness and the front of the loft was sealed off, mine did stop flying and it really bugged me.

What I did was each night at darkening I put a couple of rags just pieces of torn cloth under the perches of all the birds, they were stuck on with a drawing pin, the rags were smothered in VIC the stuff you rub on your chest the loft smelt amazing each morning when I entered and they had vapours all night, the breathing of the birds was helped and they started flying better within a week.

martyn you could also use "Olbas Oils" mate just the same gives of vapours but it comes in a small bottle
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 am

terryp wrote:
hi lads the young birds are not early  bred and are not pairing up must be the same as rays cant under stand why they were going great only a couple of days ago then stoped pigeons look mint arr  just remembered theres a couple of kestrel knoking about what a t*t I am and a black cat running around could this be the problem what can you do about a black pussie no daft answers lol. cheers lads terryp... ps do you think we should keep the youngins in for a while to calm down. my mate sais we should flag them don't think so ...

Terry i have known fanciers who have cats and the birds are fine with them if you have a tom cat they are the best thing because it you train them not to go for the pigeons they will keep away the other cats just like a dog can mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: youngsters not going    youngsters not going  Empty

Back to top Go down

youngsters not going
Page 1 of 1