Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Too warm to train me birds what to do Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Too warm to train me birds what to do 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 130 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 130 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Too warm to train me birds what to do Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Too warm to train me birds what to do Vote_lcapToo warm to train me birds what to do Voting_barToo warm to train me birds what to do Vote_rcap 
David
Too warm to train me birds what to do Vote_lcapToo warm to train me birds what to do Voting_barToo warm to train me birds what to do Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Too warm to train me birds what to do Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Too warm to train me birds what to do Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Too warm to train me birds what to do

Go down 
+11
seanl
EssexSteve
kev d
Knackered
Delboy74
peel bros
Rudderfett
David
edgie
sj lofts
joe wheelo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

Too warm to train me birds what to do Empty
PostSubject: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Quick one for yeas lads over here in Ireland we are having a heat wave like urselfs over there I was wondering how people are getting on training the birds? I've only got two tosses in since last weeks race and I'm a bit concerned about sending me birds away racing this week has anyone got any advice on this appreciate it..
Back to top Go down
http://joe081177@live.ie
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 pm

hi joe I go early morning m8 5.30 onwards I leave here sometimes before lol .or take them tea time say 5.30to 6.00 wen the the sun and het start to dip I always make sure theres a gd supply ov salts and vits in water I fink it stops them dehydratin that's just me lol but that's wat I do m8 mine have over 240 miles in trainin this wk lol Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 pm

get out of bed on a morning ?, take them early, keep them highdrated, and feed a light diet but give them what they want to eat, thats about all you can do, after all they will have to go saturday come what may ?.   cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 pm

hi joe, all i can suggest is dont keep them in the basket longer than need be, make sure they have water available before basketting, and troughs on when you get to the liberation point in case they need a drink.......also get them in as soon as possible when they arrive home, and make sure theres fresh water available for them, possibly with electrolytes in ???

all you can do is try not to let them get dehydrated, but training is hard in this weather joe......... maybe someone with more experience than me can advise you.

hope all goes well .....
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks very much lads I was just wondering how others get around it well it was wat I thought up early and beat the heat, on race weeks lads would you be training as hard as the build up to the first race ? I see you have 240 miles in this week would that not tire them out for the race the weekend?
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:38 pm

lol joe ye seems a lot ov miles .but I don't loft exercise at all now . and wen you fink about it its only like doin 5 or 6 hrs exercise in a wk lol so I wud fink there ok at that tbo m8 .Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 pm

I was going to put a post on here tonight about the heat, what do our friends abroad do???? as its hot abroad all the time yet they have to train and race.

I have been getting up at 4.30 basketing the birds and getting them in the air about 5.30 just after sun up, Also been training at 7pm which gives them 2.5 hours to get home before dark and its worked well.

But tomorrow our birds go away for a race 90 miles, its too hot if you ask me but t]what to do, they got to go or you will be left behind??
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Well it seems to be a big problem for the lads over here as we never get the weather and were used to the rain lol, we would normally basket for the race on Saturday tomorrow night and the birds would spend the night in the transporter and released at 9am but because of the weather the want to put them on the transporter on Saturday morning to be released at 1pm in the midday heat which I think is worse I'd like to hear what the lads in Spain do in this situation as this weather is effecting the racing big time over here a lot of the lads re holding back there birds because of the heat but mine are flying great at the minute and I want to keep it going if anyone has any advice I'd be glad to take it on board cheers lads..
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:42 am

i only trained from about 3 miles and mine where suffering with the heat a bit,i,m worried if i go further and they got lost in this heat .that would really stress them out ,plus how long would it take to put them right again.we can,t win can we,either too hot ,too windy or too cold.hardly ever a perfect day lol..
i,ve sent 6 to lillers which is 346 miles,boy are these poor birds going to suffer
Back to top Go down
Delboy74
Chipping
Chipping
Delboy74

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:37 am

I've been training twice a day at @ 25 miles and haven't had a problem so far.. I think if you train the birds in it they will get used to it and adjust.  However if you don't train because its too warm, do you think they will cancel the race because of heat ??? I don't think so! We can't handle the heat but get used to it so I believe the pigeons can as well. You also run the risk of loosing them by not being fully trained sending to the race
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 am

as you say they.ll not cancel it but its still going to be hard in this heat.i have no eorries sbout them being fit.just the heat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:26 am

joe wheelo wrote:
Well it seems to be a big problem for the lads over here as we never get the weather and were used to the rain lol, we would normally basket for the race on Saturday tomorrow night and the birds would spend the night in the transporter and released at 9am but because of the weather the want to put them on the transporter on Saturday morning to be released at 1pm in the midday heat which I think is worse I'd like to hear what the lads in Spain do in this situation as this weather is effecting the racing big time over here a lot of the lads re holding back there birds because of the heat but mine are flying great at the minute and I want to keep it going if anyone has any advice I'd be glad to take it on board cheers lads..

Here we go Smile Smile Smile  3rd time lucky ??????? I hope.

Joe !!!!, heat can be a real killer in certain areas etc. Places like Spain/Australia as an example are a lot differant than England/Ireland. Dry heat is how I would best descibe it here where it bounces of the desert type land that we fly over, you on the other hand for the most part have what I would call green pastures which does not "in my view" generate the same problems for the birds. 25/30 degrees really should not be an issue, thou I would never recommend liberating in the middle of the day when the sun is at it's highest point if there is any distance involved. I note where it was mentioned that they were going to basket Saturday morning for a midday release etc, I'm afraid I would much prefer to basket friday night with a early release on Saturday morning type of thing. One could talk about 35/40 temperatures etc here with the birds "But I will leave that for another day" Smile Smile .
Electrolytes !!!! "Not my thing" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  or to put it another way. a total waste of money lol! lol! lol! Thou !!!!! I do have iodized salt in front of the birds 24/7 x 52 & I just leave it up to them to choose if & when required etc. Fresh water is my go when they return & it seems to work alright here. cheers 

PS have a good one on Saturday Smile Smile 

Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 pm

hi all , not been on for a while been on holiday in turkey its bloody red hot over there about 39 to 40 every day , i got mine down the road before this heat wave where having so im not to bab and my first race is tomorrow and its only 30 miles to me so in pleased with that it will only take them 30 mins to be home . but before they go i will sringe water down there throats with salts added about 20 mls , i let them out this morn at 6.45 after been looked up for a week and say went for over 2hrs so im glad with that but im only picking 6 out to go im not sending all of them in this weather . any way good luck to all who are racing speak later .
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I put either electrolytes or glucose with vitamins in the water and i change the water maybe 3 times a day
I know of fanciers that if they know its going to be hot for the race they soak some maize in water with either glucose or electrolytes in over night and feed it on Thursday and even maybe on a Friday morning early. I was told when I asked that the corn will make sure the birds have liquids in them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 pm

feed them rice, then syringe water dowh their throats.......the rice hold water so they dont dehydrate lol! lol! lol! 

afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro 
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:41 am

not to good here so far this morning,looks like we,ve had rain
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:45 am

thick mist here Ray looks like it will be a while before it clears sean p s is UNC up yet
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:31 am

still nice here in sunny leeds, suns out, skies are blue, and a nice breeze...........sunny  cheers 
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:44 am

good breeze here and a lot of cloud west oxfordshire
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Well I had my first race today 90 miles, birds went away in scortching heat yesterday it was boiling hot.
But dispite that they were libed at 7.30 this morning and its been very hot here today even at 7am this morning, but the birds came well, and for me too well as I had 15 drop together, then 10 and none of them would go in and flew around, cocks chaising hens everywhere, chances of cards gone and by 9.30 I had 32 out of 49.
So simple answer is the weather didn't affect them as much as I thought as I almost didn't send it was that hot.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 am

Rudderfett wrote:
Well I had my first race today 90 miles, birds went away in scortching heat yesterday it was boiling hot.
But dispite that they were libed at 7.30 this morning and its been very hot here today even at 7am this morning, but the birds came well, and for me too well as I had 15 drop together, then 10 and none of them would go in and flew around, cocks chaising hens everywhere, chances of cards gone and by 9.30 I had 32 out of 49.
So simple answer is the weather didn't affect them as much as I thought as I almost didn't send it was that hot.

Great to see a high percentage returning Martyn
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:04 am

Rudderfett wrote:

Nice to see you had a decent race etc. A bit of work required  Smile Smile Smile  on the trapping side of things thou. cheers 
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:13 am

yes well done,but things could have turned out worse if you had,nt schooled yours so well.but i bet there where a lot who did,nt ..i seen a batch of ybs go over ours which where well lost
Back to top Go down
Paul j
Chipping
Chipping
Paul j

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:50 pm

My birds just come back from 2 hours of flying and temperature is 46 degrees in sun and they look great.
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm

mine only have around the loft exercise once racing has started
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too warm to train me birds what to do   Too warm to train me birds what to do Empty

Back to top Go down

Too warm to train me birds what to do
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next