Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» Good Morning
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, oldstrain

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Vote_lcapTwo races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Voting_barTwo races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Vote_rcap 
David
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Vote_lcapTwo races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Voting_barTwo races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222595 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach

Go down 
+6
Don Webb
David
lifes to short
Knackered
stormqueen
joe wheelo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Empty
PostSubject: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 am

We have two races on today one from talbenny in Wales and one from philmore beach near Dungarven, I've a couple of birds In both, it's nearly the same distance from both only one is across the water. Hope all have a good weekend of racing and get good returns lads. cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://joe081177@live.ie
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:56 am

good luck
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:12 am

joe wheelo wrote:
We have two races on today one from talbenny in Wales and one from philmore beach near Dungarven, I've a couple of birds In both, it's nearly the same distance from both only one is across the water. Hope all have a good weekend of racing and get good returns lads. cheers cheers 

May be the same distance etc Joe Smile Smile. Chalk & cheese thou Wink Wink  what the outcome could be. When you just happen to throw a bit of water in there way, as you say.
PS, Let's just hope it works out ok. cheers 
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:45 am

I understand that mate two totally different races fingers crossed ive done all I can for them this time. Thanks lads
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:49 am

good luck joe
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:56 am

good luck joe, i hope they come well for you.......cheers 
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:39 pm

All the best today Joe hope all goes well
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:30 pm

good luck joe
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks lads I got them all home from philmore beach dident get placed tho ah well im still 10 mins behind the pack, considering I have a fly over of 15 mile and I only get two from the race point I'm happy with that. Talbeny has went into a second day no one from the club has clocked yet only as far as I know the first 100 places are not filled from the Federation yet so up early in the morning, we shall keep them fingers crossed well done all racing today lads.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:46 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
Thanks lads I got them all home from philmore beach dident get placed tho ah well im still 10 mins behind the pack, considering I have a fly over of 15 mile and I only get two from the race point I'm happy with that. Talbeny has went into a second day no one from the club has clocked yet only as far as I know the first 100 places are not filled from the Federation yet so up early in the morning, we shall keep them fingers crossed well done all racing today lads.
Sad news Joe Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad about the only ones happy ????? are the fish, I would say. cheers
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:52 am

I hate to admit it knackered but I'd say your right mate unfortunately well at least I gave it a go mate maybe next year
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 am

joe wheelo wrote:
I hate to admit it knackered but I'd say your right mate unfortunately well at least I gave it a go mate maybe next year
No one could ask anymore of you Joe (I had a go) that's what keeps the sport alive etc. Now !!!! Smile Smile  just to show you, your not on your own Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Next week down here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , we have a bash at a bit of water just like you also lol! lol! lol! 200 miles of it & if they hit land ?????? they will have to spread 200 + miles  east to west & 200 + miles south to north. I just hope Wink Wink everyone has an electronic clock etc, because they will need one. cheers 
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 pm

It looks like it takes a special pigeon to make a journey like that as not one person got a pigeon back from two clubs in my area.that race the weekend must of been a tough one. Or either we are all flying with the wrong birds I'm puzzled, could anyone recommend a water bird for me? This is my first season and its been a disaster lol mistake after mistake but I've learned for next year I think, I would like to get an idea of what bird I'd need to make that type of journey. I've been told because of my location I will only do well on the water races or coast races because im 15 mile away from my club and other flyers so I'm going to concentrate on that for next year..
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:33 pm

i wouldnt say its the birds if no one got any home joe something went wrong during the race by sounds of it
but from what ive seen and read most of the top flyers in the nationals plan well ahead for the water races the birds have to be fit and there heads well focused on the job
if you look at a lot of national results you will see the same names at the top
its hard to fly all races master the shorter ones first and remeber you dont have to send to every race
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I suppose your right birdy it does take a lot of work to get them across the water, our birds where being trained up along the coast for that race I'm sure there is another way of training for these type of races? And as far as the short races go I'm out of the running because of my fly over as I said I'm 15 miles away From my club and club members and the birds get dragged up in the line of flight so they hit my other club mates first so it's really hard to get a win, if there flying 80 I'm flying 82 from race point, that's fine if the birds went cross country but they don't they come up with the crowd that's why I'm always 10 mins behind them clocking if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them. I'd say your right about something happening over there because there is still no birds back and I don't think there will be either. I'm going to keep plugging away to see what I can put together for next season. There is only 3 races left ive a few left to race I'm going to keep going finish it off..
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

i think edgie was offering some birds to test next year he seems to fly the nationals so ide say he would have birds that will cross the water
reading other post eles where you arent alone in getting no birds back
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:52 pm

What way does that work birdy I take the birds over here and fly them from my loft? Then if they do good? First year birdy never heard of test birds mate. Maybe ill spk to edgie, we can't all have the wrong system wrong birds etc strange no one got a bird back tho..
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:54 pm

think he was offering some birds for people to try out mate ask him i know he flys nationals so must have birds to fly the channle
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Nice one birdy ill drop him a message on it, sure it won't be untill next year now with the season just over but could be the person I need to talk to alright cheers..
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:31 pm

george/rainbow was offering a pair of 2014 test birds too joe, might be worth speaking to him as well.........
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Cheers David ill get onto Rainbow closer to the time thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:45 pm

We have the final of the Somerset OLR on Sunday, from Ypres Belgium around 270 miles to Somerset. The 200 or so YBs will be released on their own just like last year (No Old Hens to follow across) The wind is forecast to be West so it will be no blow home.
The birds that cross and make it under their own steam are proven racers who will cross the Channel so breeding from these kind of birds can only increase the chances of breeding something similar. Many of these very good Proven YBs go to auction at some stage after the Final and go for very very low prices considering the pedigree and proven class of many of them. There are real bargains to be had and These are the kind of birds you need to fly the Channel. Time will tell how they get on on Sunday 8th September. Good luck to Ginger and anyne else who has birds in this great Final, (The only OLR in the UK in which the birds face the Water now) and all on their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:48 pm

i will lay a bet on now that it will be a smash and only a hand full of birds will be clocked on the day its forcast to change at the weekend to a more cooler weather and very unsettled hope im wrong good luck to all .
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 pm

kev d wrote:
i will lay a bet on now that it will be a smash and only a hand full of birds will be clocked on the day its forcast to change at the weekend to a more cooler weather and very unsettled hope im wrong good luck to all .
You may well be right Kev but as long as they come thats the main thing. I think there were 33 day birds from 400 plus nearly 500 birds last year but 230 made it in race time and a few more came after that.
This year around 230 are going to the final so 15 day birds would be expected in comparison to last year, that being said the weather over the channel will decide. The race will be tough but I believe that the birds are up to the task. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 pm

if there flying out of belgium and if they cross the water at the right point then they wont have more then 40 odd miles to fly over water , and head for dover then hug the coast line to the south coast then dog leg up to the west country adding a lot more the there really flying good luck to all .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach   Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach Empty

Back to top Go down

Two races today for meself Talbenny and philmore beach
Page 1 of 1