Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:13 pm

» Good Morning
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Sexing and Breeding. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Sexing and Breeding. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Sexing and Breeding. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Sexing and Breeding. Vote_lcapSexing and Breeding. Voting_barSexing and Breeding. Vote_rcap 
David
Sexing and Breeding. Vote_lcapSexing and Breeding. Voting_barSexing and Breeding. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222595 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Sexing and Breeding. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Sexing and Breeding. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Sexing and Breeding.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyborths
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

Sexing and Breeding. Empty
PostSubject: Sexing and Breeding.   Sexing and Breeding. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi all
I am a beginner and would like to know how to tell the difference between a male and female pigeon. I have got 6 pigeons and they will be 4 months old tomoro. Also at what age and when does the breeding season start and finish.
Thanks for all the advice.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Sexing and Breeding.   Sexing and Breeding. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

hi and welcome to the site, you can more or less tell by the birds behavour if its a cock or hen, the cocks tends to be more aggressive and more dominant.......and i`d say the cock tends to have a more rounded head whilst the hen has a more flatter head (JMO...LOL)

as for breeding , some fanciers pair up around christmas time, whilst others pair up later after the new year.....i personally have been pairing up the first weekend in febuary.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Sexing and Breeding.   Sexing and Breeding. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:11 pm

they will produce offspring from 5 or 6 months old but better to wait until they are 8 or 9 months old as you will get better sized eggs and more hatching out also sometimes when you breed from them to early the vitality of the ybs is lacking
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Sexing and Breeding.   Sexing and Breeding. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm

depending on the strain of bird, the cock bird is more or less more masculin, but one sure way is to watch the birds when they start to mature, when they start to coo the cock bird will turn a full circle on his perch, the hens only go from side to side, as for breeding i would wait till valentines day to pair up, as you have not got enough experance for winter breeding, but i am sure that will come in time:cheers: study study study 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Sexing and Breeding.   Sexing and Breeding. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 pm

tonyborths wrote:
Hi all
I am a beginner and would like to know how to tell the difference between a male and female pigeon. I have got 6 pigeons and they will be 4 months old tomoro. Also at what age and when does the breeding season start and finish.
Thanks for all the advice.
Tony!!!!!  "Welcome" SmileSmile  it's not rocket science etc in what you ask, you will soon learn with the advice that has been given here. Just like life Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink  the hens will be the good lookers. The cocks lol! lol! lol! will be a bit rough around the edgies type of thing & they will do all the work Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink. cheers 
Back to top Go down
tonyborths
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Sexing & Breeding.   Sexing and Breeding. EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Thank you all who replied to my question with the advice offered.
Back to top Go down

Sexing and Breeding.
Page 1 of 1