Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Best Bird.......... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:50 am

» escaped birds return
Best Bird.......... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
Best Bird.......... Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
Best Bird.......... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
Best Bird.......... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Best Bird.......... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Best Bird.......... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Best Bird.......... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Best Bird.......... Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Best Bird.......... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 86 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Best Bird.......... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Best Bird.......... Vote_lcapBest Bird.......... Voting_barBest Bird.......... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Best Bird.......... Vote_lcapBest Bird.......... Voting_barBest Bird.......... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222590 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Best Bird.......... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Best Bird.......... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Best Bird..........

Go down 
+8
oldstrain
barnie
peel bros
Knackered
edgie
terryp
VanReet Man123
EssexSteve
12 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Best Bird.......... Empty
PostSubject: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Ok what IS or WAS the best bird you have ever had not  1 you bought in for stock but a bird you raced and WHY?
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:24 pm

One of our best pigeons we had were a latebred hen she won Nantes 453 miles the only bird on the day 8th Fed and 55th Lancashire Combine then we sent her to Niort 522 mile she won 14hrs on the wing 2nd fed and 17th Lancashire Combine not bad for a latebred.
Back to top Go down
terryp
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: best bird    Best Bird.......... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm

hi everybody my best bird was a gay blue pied cock unrung used to take him to the hexham pigeon markett and sell him he always came back and i woul sell him again in a couple of weeks made a couple of shillings out of him i was only abot 10 years old lol terryp...
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm

had one or two decent birds over the years, but the best i have ever had is the wife, and i bet anybody cant better that ?cheers 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:19 am

terryp wrote:
hi everybody my best bird was a gay blue pied cock unrung used to take him to the hexham pigeon markett and sell him he always came back and i woul sell him again in a couple of weeks made a couple of shillings out of him i was only abot 10 years old lol terryp...

Wonderful !!!!!!!!! "How to make a buck" Smile Smile Reminds me of when I was a wee lad, First race ever for me "Big event" 3 miles etc. All the local kids Smile Smile  threw every thing into the race & the wierdest lot of pigeons you could ever imagine etc went & many never returned home unfortunately, most of them never had rings on there legs Smile Smile. No entry sheets, no clocks & just a rubber on there leg so to speak. Then !!!!! when your first pigeon arrived lol! lol! lol! you had to run like hell to the local railway station with the rubber in your mouth & the first one there won Smile Smile he then received a nice trophy for his outstanding performance etc with his pigeon. Oh !!!!!! to be back there again "Magical times" & fortunately Wink Wink I can still remember most of it. cheers 
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 am

our best bird or pair where the ones we had pinched.the cock has 5 seconds ,3rds ,4ths and 5th ect ect.he went on to breed 3 section winners for us,one son having 3 wins .a grandaughter also having 3 wins also....they are still winning today..i have other birds which come a close second though
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 am

BWC '91 pigeon he had 9 x individual 1st clubs when if you had a pigeon round here with 5 x 1sts it was exceptional. Topped fed, won 2 bird clubs, pools, noms etc and plenty other positions in 1st 5 of club. Once in a lifetime pigeon and me being greedy kept him going cos I wanted to say I had a pigeon with 10 x 1sts so he went down as a 4 yr old.
Strange thing is he was on the hit list as a YB.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 am

it just goes to show ybs all deserve a second chance.unless totally crap
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:57 am

alfie is our best bird he is a 2 year old dk cheq ck delbar x marien (vdb) he has finished 7 times in the top 50 of the open but is a swine to trap Laughing plenty of 2nds and 3rds at club but not the red card yet but I am trying roundabout this year so maybe he might break his duck ...Smile 
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm

oldstrain wrote:
alfie is our best bird he is a 2 year old dk cheq ck delbar x marien (vdb) he has finished 7 times in the top 50 of the open but is a swine to trap Laughing plenty of 2nds and 3rds at club but not the red card yet but I am trying roundabout this year so maybe he might break his duck ...Smile 
good thinking Daz and best of luck to the wee man  sean Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Here you are Daz try after the 2nd race when you mark him for the 3rd race place an old cock with his hen as when he enters the loft he sees the other cock in his box Wink Wink Wink Wink 

Then see how he traps if that does not work its going to be hard to break him but what i would say you must leave the other cock in the box so he has to fight him

you need to get him aggresive mate and focused on getting to his box

Not telling you to suck eggs mate

Last edited by Don Webb on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 pm

The best bird i had when racing with my dad was brought for £5 she was a Dark Bronze Hen Stitalbault (sorry about spelling)

She was useless at racing but she could trun out prize winners and that was with average cocks as our loft was nothing special but at least 90% of youngsters from won prizes

she breed
A Fed Championship winner
2 x 2nd Fed Winners
2 Youngbird Average Winners
Fed Knockout Champion
Rind Special winners

The list goes on plus she won won herself in the Eyesign Show at The Old Commarades Show

To me she was a dream pigeon who if i had her now with the knowledge i have now i would have btought top quality cocks to pair to her to get that better quality of pigeon from her

When you looked at her she was bow leged and you could roll a golf ball between her legs abd she would shine bronze in the sun
just brilliant she was a 1987 Hen

Sorry for going on a bit but you know when you have a quality pigeon but miss your chance to capatalise on the quality you have in your loft Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
fletch
Hatchling
Hatchling
fletch

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:39 pm

some nice pigeons there
my dad would say the old slatey cock 1984 bird
8 x 1st racing against a lot of birds upto 600 birds
he won 4 on the trot, but only breed 1 good pigeon

but for me would be twister he was an exceptional pigeon with 6x 1st
2 x 2nd fed against 7000 birds, his nest mate was a good racer too but his brother kept beating him, they took 1st and 2nd club and was 2nd and 3rd fed too,
the best nest pair i ever seen
but he left a loft full of good pigeons behind him
his son went on to win 6 x 1st,
our best cock recently has had 7 x 1st he is a great grand son of twister sadly was lost last race of this season
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
Here you are Daz try after the 2nd race when you mark him for the 3rd race place an old cock with his hen as when he enters the loft he sees the other cock in his box Wink Wink Wink Wink 

Then see how he traps if that does not work its going to be hard to break him but what i would say you must leave the other cock in the box so he has to fight him

you need to get him aggresive mate and focused on getting to his box

Not telling you to suck eggs mate

thanks for the idea don
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 pm

fletch wrote:
some nice pigeons there
my dad would say the old slatey cock 1984 bird
8 x 1st racing against a lot of birds upto 600 birds
he won 4 on the trot, but only breed 1 good pigeon

but for me would be twister he was an exceptional pigeon with 6x 1st
2 x 2nd fed against 7000 birds, his nest mate was a good racer too but his brother kept beating him, they took 1st and 2nd club and was 2nd and 3rd fed too,
the best nest pair i ever seen
but he left a loft full of good pigeons behind him
his son went on to win 6 x 1st,
our best cock recently has had 7 x 1st  he is a great grand son of twister sadly was lost last race of this season
Yes the old slatey cock was something special I will second that because I raced against him there has never been a pigeon win 4 on the trot in the unicorn the old cock is the first and only one to do that

But you and your dad have always had top quality birds Lee full credit to you mucka
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 am

The best bird I ever had was Joe 90 chequer cock 1967 he had won every race from 20mls to 435mls and that was racing against between 30 & 40 members per week, Not every week he went it was over 3 years he done that He was sold for £90 and that was a lot of money in those
days I was oferd that and I had to take it I didnt want to a couple of kids and earning £40 a week some thing had to go:( Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:33 am

Ginger wrote:
The best bird I ever had was Joe 90 chequer cock 1967 he had won every race from 20mls to 435mls and that was racing against between 30 & 40 members per week, Not every week he went it was over 3 years he done that He was sold for £90 and that was a lot of money in those
days I was oferd that and I had to take it I didnt want to a couple of kids and earning £40 a week some thing had to go:( Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
Interesting Ginger Smile Smile I can understand why you did what you did type of thing, when you have kids to feed. Just curious thou Wink Wink, were those 30/40 flyers etc racing on your little island where you are now. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Yes they were Nac and that one club their was 2 club going the other one was called the invitation club and they had about 25 members as well their is 2 clubs now but they have about 12 to 14 members each
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Ginger wrote:
Some pigeon Ginger
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Ginger wrote:
Yes they were Nac and that one club their was 2 club going the other one was called the invitation club and they had about 25 members as well their is 2 clubs now but they have about 12 to 14 members each

Thank's G Smile Smile Sign of the times etc, that we now find ourselves in unfortunately today in the sport. "Fortunately thou" we still have our memories. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:48 am

Trouble is we seem theis days to hold on to the bad ones,a lot of flyers dont think of the enjoyment that the sport has given us for many of years, injoy the sport dont moan about it do some thing to help it. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 am

Ginger wrote:
Trouble is we seem theis days to hold on to the bad ones,a lot of flyers dont think of the enjoyment that the sport has given us for many of years, injoy the sport dont moan about it do some thing to help it. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Much of what you say is true G Smile Smile  Thou !!!!! it would be nice if you had a few in the loft today like your old 1967 cock etc. Didn't appear to worry him, having to cross the water to reach home. Today sadly, many have trouble getting them home even when all they have under them are green fields & house tops etc. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Bird..........   Best Bird.......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Bird..........
Page 1 of 1