Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 73 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Vote_lcapCobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Voting_barCobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Vote_rcap 
David
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Vote_lcapCobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Voting_barCobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.

Go down 
+6
stormqueen
steve b
Ginger
edgie
birdy2011
Knackered
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Empty
PostSubject: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:24 pm

I've seen many a good loft in my day/time  Smile Smile. Some you could eat/sleep in type of thing. Others thou !!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink have gone the other way lol! lol! lol! & are full of cobwebs etc & they don't seem to be worried by them & neither do the birds. So !!!!!!! Smile Smile any thoughts. cheers
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:37 pm

dont have any that i know of cus use blow lamp and vac once per week
cant say they do any harm though
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 pm

if you got plenty of cobwebs then you have a very dry and ventilated loft cheers nothing wrong there then study 
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 am

I have all most as many cowebs as Iv got clean places in the loft some will say that is not the way to keep pigeons but as edgie say it tells you they like it and it helps to catch the moths I have sean the birds eating cobwebs Ill have to round to feeding em
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 am

Ginger wrote:
I have all most as many cowebs as Iv got clean places in the loft some will say that is not the way to keep pigeons but as edgie say it tells you they like it and it helps to catch the moths I have sean the birds eating cobwebs Ill have to round to feeding em

I must admit Ginger, I'm a lot like you  Smile Smile now  "Cobwebs everywhere" I don't seem to worry all that much about them  Wink Wink "Unless"  lol! lol! lol! A nasty black monster type of thing, drops down on me when in the loft etc. cheers 
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:03 pm

spiders seem to love them
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 pm

I was told years ago that mite can be carried in on flies .
don't no if its true . but a remember when we keep border canaries.
one of the members gave me a handful of moth balls . and said hang 2 or 3 up in a bag.
and you wont see any mite. rendeer
so mybe some spider webs would be alright as well
don't no how the spiders would cop with the moth balls though. santa
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 pm

stormqueen wrote:
I was told years ago that mite can be carried in on flies .
don't no if its true . but a remember when we keep border canaries.
one of the members gave me a handful of moth balls . and said hang 2 or 3 up in a bag.
and you wont see any mite. rendeer
so mybe some spider webs would be alright as well
don't no how the spiders would cop with the moth balls though. santa

Well !!!!  Smile  Smile Unless you love all animals/creatures S/Q "Big time". There is a very  easy way to find out etc  Wink  Wink  "spiders/cope/mothballs".  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 pm

edgie wrote:
if you got plenty of cobwebs then you have a very dry and ventilated loft cheers nothing wrong there then study 

Will agree edgie
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 1:35 pm

my roof is full ov them lol gd dry and ventilated loft shows a healthy loft jmo
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 1:39 pm

sj lofts wrote:
my roof is full ov them lol gd dry and ventilated loft shows a healthy loft jmo

Spot on
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:36 pm

I use a blow lamp and burn everything that moves while im at it, moths, flys and spiders all get vaporised, so where the birds are is cobweb free, however above their heads and in other places I leave them alone, spiders are great as they eat all flys, wasps, and other creepies but are harmless to the birds so they and the cobwebs can stay, the webs collect the dust too which is good.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:25 pm

I would agree that if a loft has cobwebs it probably means it is dry, but how would cobwebs mean a loft is well ventilated.....? scratch 
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 8:12 pm

David wrote:
I would agree that if a loft has cobwebs it probably means it is dry, but how would cobwebs mean a loft is well ventilated.....? scratch 
correct me if i am wrong but don!t spiders spin there webs where there is an airflow so they can catch passing pray. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 10:22 pm

edgie wrote:
David wrote:

correct me if i am wrong but don!t spiders spin there webs where there is an airflow so they can catch passing pray. cheers 

Could be true Edgie  Smile Smile  in what you say. No cobwebs at ground level in my old lofts etc. Plenty up the top thou  Wink  Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:19 pm

edgie wrote:
David wrote:

passing pray, is usually winged, and doesnt need air flow to travel.......everyone gets spiders webs in their homes from time to time, but the spiders dont only make them round airflow  scratch    ive usually found them in corners where its still and free of any flow of air.

i would say by nature alone, it wouldnt be natural to build a web in an airflow, simply because of how a spider catches its pray........when a fly for example gets stuck in the web, it sends vibrations to the spider which runs out and catches its pray......it the web was forever vibrating because of the airflow it would just be causing a false alarm, so this would go against nature for the spider and therfor it wouldnt build a web in a draughty place....JMO
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 am

David wrote:
edgie wrote:
David wrote:

passing pray, is usually winged, and doesnt need air flow to travel.......everyone gets spiders webs in their homes from time to time, but the spiders dont only make them round airflow  scratch    ive usually found them in corners where its still and free of any flow of air.

i would say by nature alone, it wouldnt be natural to build a web in an airflow, simply because of how a spider catches its pray........when a fly for example gets stuck in the web, it sends vibrations to the spider which runs out and catches its pray......it the web was forever vibrating because of the airflow it would just be causing a false alarm, so this would go against nature for the
spider and therfor it wouldnt build a web in a draughty place....JMO

Interesting comments David  Smile Smile "Very thought provoking" I must say. Reminds me some what  lol!  lol!  lol!  of eye sign etc. Maybe just Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Wink  Wink our little spider topic here, will explode out of all proportion etc  bounce  bounce  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes & be the next great thing.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.    Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cobweb's !!!!!!!!, any thought's etc.
Page 1 of 1