Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
when is too late to breed  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
when is too late to breed  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) when is too late to breed  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.when is too late to breed  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
when is too late to breed  Vote_lcapwhen is too late to breed  Voting_barwhen is too late to breed  Vote_rcap 
David
when is too late to breed  Vote_lcapwhen is too late to breed  Voting_barwhen is too late to breed  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
when is too late to breed  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
when is too late to breed  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

when is too late to breed

Go down 
+4
joe wheelo
Knackered
David
insomnia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
insomnia
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

when is too late to breed  Empty
PostSubject: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:28 pm

hi im new here and this is my first year to race pigeons i set up my lofts in august and have bought a few birds and some were gave to me there is a guy in my street flying pigeons also he has weaned off maybe 30 he was here with me today i have 6 hatched and everyone else is on eggs and close to hatch i have 12 pair but he more less told me its too late i think your going to have to buy some young birds but the first young bird race is not till july would like more advise on this because i paired up this month but he paired up in november how about you when do you guys pair up thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:32 pm

hi insomnia, welcome to the site...........I presume you are in Ireland ??? well if so you will be racing the same time as some of our members in the uk. sp you have plenty of time to get a team of ybs to race.

im sure other members will give you better advise. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:01 pm

insomnia wrote:
hi im new here and this is my first year to race pigeons i set up my lofts in august and have bought a few birds and some were gave to me there is a guy in my street flying pigeons also he has weaned off maybe 30 he was here with me today i have 6 hatched  and everyone else is on eggs and close to hatch i have 12 pair but he more less told me its too late i think your going to have to buy some young birds but the first young bird race is not till july would like more advise on this because i paired up this month but he paired up in november how about you  when do you guys pair up thanks in advance

Welcome to our site here Insomnia  Smile Smile Interesting pseudonyn !! I would say, your going to have plenty of time for your pigeons  Wink Wink.
Now !!!!! back to your concerns here, the first question you may like to ask yourself etc is what are your expectations, seeing as it's your first of racing. Small steps is the best way in my view at your stage. Thou !! being human, you may have thought's Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of being up there with the best of them in your area. That being said, I see no reason why you couldn't breed a few youngsters to race there, even if it's only to see how things are done down at your club etc & I also would suggest, it's all part of the learning curve to a degree. cheers
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi insomnia if you are racing out of Ireland like David has said you have plenty of time to get your team together. This is my second season racing I left it untill march last year and was still racing my ybs that was very late and id never do it again as the birds need the experience training etc, most the men I know are only letting there birds go down now, sure we only got our rings at the start of january so it would of been pointless breeding before then hope this helps and best of luck with the season ahead.
Regards
joe
Back to top Go down
http://joe081177@live.ie
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:20 pm

some have not even started breeding yet ...I only paired up today and this is still in time for the darkness system if I decide to do it atb
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:40 pm

what your not looking those men are more likely on widowhood in wich they breed them early and then seperate for the racing you are well in time do your self a faver and race your birds the way it sauts you dont be afraid to ask anyone for little tips take the tips and see if it will fit in to what you are doing. study study study study study study 
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Welcome to the site hope you enjoy and have input
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Its never too late to breed, just depends on what you want to do with them, If its racing then you need to get them fairly early, but I know some have bred birds and they are just out in may and still raced ok.

If you want them for the stock loft then it doesn't matter when you breed, I asked a stud loft Eijerkamp holland last year, to breed me a youngster from the racers they agreed but said it wouldn't be ready til the end of September and I finaly had it delivered in October. Its a cock only just 5 months old and its now sitting eggs, so I can get some youngsters to race this season, which I hadn't really expected.
Back to top Go down
insomnia
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

wow what a friendly place this is thanks all for the replys yes i am in ireland and have bought a few cooremans i know for sure i will not be able to catch the big guns as i know the club i joined is ment to be one of the strongest in the country all the guys there are nice the guy that told me im too late is a different club i think he has it in for me for some reason dont know why but thanks everyone for the replys and i love the forum
Back to top Go down
insomnia
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

wow what a friendly place this is thanks all for the replys yes i am in ireland and have bought a few cooremans i know for sure i will not be able to catch the big guns as i know the club i joined is ment to be one of the strongest in the country all the guys there are nice the guy that told me  im too late is a different club i think he has it in for me for some reason dont know why but thanks everyone for the replys and i love the forum
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:46 pm

any questions or info you need insomnia, im sure there will be plenty of advise given from our members..... cheers 
Back to top Go down
insomnia
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:09 am

thanks lads much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 am

insomnia wrote:
wow what a friendly place this is thanks all for the replys yes i am in ireland and have bought a few cooremans i know for sure i will not be able to catch the big guns as i know the club i joined is ment to be one of the strongest in the country all the guys there are nice the guy that told me  im too late is a different club i think he has it in for me for some reason dont know why but thanks everyone for the replys and i love the forum

Insomnia !!!! I wouldn't be quite that harsh on the flyer who you think has it in for you etc. Differant strokes for differant folks & he may or may not be throwing you a curve ball  Wink Wink Always remember thou "the Rome senario" & keep an open mind.  cheers
Back to top Go down
insomnia
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Knackered wrote:
insomnia wrote:

Insomnia !!!! I wouldn't be quite that harsh on the flyer who you think has it in for you etc. Differant strokes for differant folks & he may or may not be throwing you a curve ball  Wink Wink Always remember thou "the Rome senario" & keep an open mind.  cheers

ye maybe you are right best to keep an open mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when is too late to breed    when is too late to breed  Empty

Back to top Go down

when is too late to breed
Page 1 of 1