Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby barnie Today at 10:41 am

» Good Morning
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 111 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Vote_lcapMoxidectine wormer - Page 2 Voting_barMoxidectine wormer - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Vote_lcapMoxidectine wormer - Page 2 Voting_barMoxidectine wormer - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222605 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Moxidectine wormer

Go down 
+9
Knackered
mufc rick
edgie
sj lofts
Don Webb
jonD
Rudderfett
oldstrain
joe wheelo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:59 pm

sj lofts wrote:
unless ur testin every droppin from every bird in loft you wont know if you gt them I have mine fully tested 4 times a yr at retford poultry but still do alternate every 6 to 8 wks with either moxy . cydectin or medpet wormer capsules but that's jmo

Interesting Steve  Smile Smile "Fully tested" does that mean etc every bird in your loft is put under the microscope. That's the way I would read your wisdom & if that is  the case, that is far beyond what the average fancier could afford I suspect. Just as a follow on also to my little Rudd ramble  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I think I'm correct in saying Rudd's birds live a farm like enviroment & I just think, that is in some way is food for thought  Wink  Wink in regards to his words of wisdom.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm

a routine worming wont harm your birds but constant abuse of meds will
unless your having each bird tested ya will never be sure you havent got worms in ya loft testing a few gives a guide but no gaurentee

a good dry loft and a blow lamp come in handy but each to there own

i doubt any loft is germ free
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:41 pm

As a follow up to the comments on this subject, the Vet told me that a single test of droppings from a pigeon in the same loft is all that's needed. If there are pigeons which never come into contact with any others and the sections are isolated then a test in each section would be needed.

Basically because they are all sharing the drinkers and the whole loft area they will over time pass on any ailments to each other. So worms, cocci and canker will be spread via the feeders and drinkers, and as all pigeons eat other pigeon poo they will catch everything from one another.

The management of a loft will determine the health of the birds, as my loft is kept well with floors burned, drinkers scrubbed and a good cleaning routine then my loft seems to be free from the nasty stuff which most lofts suffer from, if your lazy then treat them every week to keep them healthy.

Another point is who worms the wild birds? but each year they survive the harsh winters, and at spring time they hatch out healthy young to replenish the population, how many of you have clear eggs or dead in shell youngsters this season already.

We have a drive way leading to my father in laws farm, each side they have fur trees and the collar doves roost there every night. In the morning if you walk down the lane you will find a pile of droppings on the grass, under the trees left
over night from the doves. I would love my pigeons droppings to be as good as they are all year round, and no treatments just nature.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:59 pm

your pigeons like all others mix on a weekley basis with others when racing
and hold overs are more likely to pass on any infections etc did your vet not tell you that
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:17 pm

True, but theres more than 1 way to skin a kat.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:04 am

birdy2011 wrote:
a routine worming wont harm your birds but constant abuse of meds will
unless your having each bird tested ya will never be sure you havent got worms in ya loft testing a few gives a guide but no gaurentee

a good dry loft and   a blow lamp come in handy but each to there own

i doubt any loft is germ free

Sounds resonable, to me etc in what you say G  Smile Smile "Show me a man"  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes who say's he has a germ free loft type of thing & I will show you a liar  Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:05 am

low level exposure to pathogens is actualy good for yer pigeons builds up their immunity ...hense deep litter ...getting back to worms everytime you send yer birds to a race they could bring back to yer loft and good droppings don't mean ya aint got worms and yer birds are only as healthy as all yer club mates when ya start racing ...sensible targeted treatments are fine its when you give antibiotics willy nilly you do more harm than good ,I aint used a antibiotic for 3 years not needed to but for me worming is a must just my slant on it and the best thing is read up on it and make yer own decision atb  study 
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:46 am

Knackered wrote:
sj lofts wrote:
unless ur testin every droppin from every bird in loft you wont know if you gt them I have mine fully tested 4 times a yr at retford poultry but still do alternate every 6 to 8 wks with either moxy . cydectin or medpet wormer capsules but that's jmo

Interesting Steve  Smile Smile "Fully tested" does that mean etc every bird in your loft is put under the microscope. That's the way I would read your wisdom & if that is  the case, that is far beyond what the average fancier could afford I suspect. Just as a follow on also to my little Rudd ramble  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I think I'm correct in saying Rudd's birds live a farm like enviroment & I just think, that is in some way is food for thought  Wink  Wink in regards to his words of wisdom.  cheers 
what I mean by fully tested droppings and swabs . have them done for worms cocci canker eccolli salmonella respiratory etc . but will still treat for first 3 on regualar basis as I believe this way is not abusing them its just keepin them healthy jmo but ech to there own .........
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:07 pm

sj lofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
sj lofts wrote:

what I mean by fully tested droppings and swabs . have them done for worms cocci canker eccolli salmonella respiratory etc . but will still treat for first 3 on regualar basis as I believe this way is not abusing them its just keepin them healthy jmo but ech to there own .........
Steve i have sent you a PM cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:53 pm

sj lofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
sj lofts wrote:

Once again interesting Steve etc in what you say  Smile Smile Here !!!!!! it would cost the average fancier an absolute fortune to follow your path type of thing. Some do  Wink Wink but most would have to take a morgage out on their house  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  because of the amount of birds they all keep. But !!!!!!! as you so rightly say "each to there own".  cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Only thing I can tell you is I have raced pigeons for years and never ever have I wormed my pigeons.

Much the same Rudd Smile Smile. Couldn't remember the last time I did it etc
(20+ year basket) Wink Wink. Yesterday thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I was in the horse/grain store picking up 3 bags of safflower for my chumps. $120 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad down the drain & then I spotted a thing called Equest, a moxidectin horse based wormer & I weakend sadly & I went home skint lol! lol! lol! as that took my last $20 unfortunately  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 pm

you've heard of that old, well known saying havnt you knackered....." a pigeon man and his money is easily parted"

ive learnt to just take enough for what I need to buy, then I cant be tempted....... Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:37 am

David wrote:
you've heard of that old, well known saying havnt you knackered....." a pigeon man and his money is easily parted"

ive learnt to just take enough for what I need to buy, then I cant be tempted....... Razz Razz cheers

SmileSmile Always been a bit slow Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in that Department etc David Smile Smile. Pity you didn't tell me that 2 days ago type of thing lol! lol! lol! as I had to go begging unfortunately to the missus for more petrol money Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:45 am

Begging my mrs for money is something I do on a daily basis lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:31 am

Lofty wrote:
Begging my mrs for money is something I do on a daily basis lol!

SmileSmile At last lol! lol! lol! I've found another Man, man type of bloke. One surpose's she grants you Lofty the pleasure etc of cutting the grass & putting the bins out as such for enjoyment Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moxidectine wormer   Moxidectine wormer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moxidectine wormer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2