Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Weather today
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Vote_lcapThinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Voting_barThinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222885 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Vote_lcapThinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Voting_barThinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Thinking of changing Systems

Go down 
+4
Don Webb
oldstrain
David
EssexSteve
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing Systems   Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:08 pm

its a good system but takes room up many dont have that room if you go to ad stackens website or view his videos its ame kind of thing
sorry cant spell his name
what he dose or did was put partition type blinkers be tween the boxs ide say they were about 12 inch from the front of the box so as when he goes to feed them in that section none could see him bonding to each bird come friday the shield came off all birds boned to him and fight like hell
motivation wins races not meds its fact

put it this way the odds of any top pigeon man becomming a vet are next to nill or a doctor and with all the meds and potions thats out there for all to buy why aint we all winning nationals in turn which we aint but read the results each year same names crop up all the time

some have money some dont but there there and have been since i started in 1975

top class pigeon men who work hard create a good team and test them its fact
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing Systems   Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Might try the light system with ybs put more posts up when I now more
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing Systems   Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:14 am

Interesting you are trying the light system over there ?;Out here i had to use it due to my long working hrs so fell on it by chance  ;going to work in the dark & coming home in the Dark ; But you must remember we start  racing in the Winter out here ;you lot in the Summer max light about 11 to 12 hrs here ; after a while i noticed they were Moulting Quicker ;& then i remembered they used Light in the Chook Industry to get them to lay Faster ? ; so i played with it & came up with 2 extra hrs in morning & the same in the Evening ;giving the birds 8 hrs rest . Hence i honestly believe your Darking System suits you Better over there as you fly Summer & have longer Day light any how ;but i think you would have to have your Ventilation spot on in the Loft .;other wise poor Health would incure ; Know back to the Light the thing i Noticed was they needed 8 hrs Rest ;otherwise it placed to much Stress on them & sickness would incure ; so my slant on it is you have more than enought light in your Summer Months over there anyway ;so why place extra stress on them by not getting that 8 hrs rest ;.now another Method used in Queensland is to cut the last two flights { 2 inch off the ends }leave for  Two Weeks then Pull them ;hence getting them to Moult faster ;takes about 4 weeks to grow back ;this System may work better for you ? .cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing Systems   Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 7:33 pm

markevans wrote:
Might try the light system with ybs put more posts up when I now more

Mark for me take a look at the film John McGee produced were he had his youngsters on 23 hours of light system

Also the film by Samson Bros of America there light system mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of changing Systems   Thinking of changing Systems - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of changing Systems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2