Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
extra help with  test Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
extra help with  test Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
extra help with  test Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
extra help with  test Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
extra help with  test Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
extra help with  test Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
extra help with  test Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
extra help with  test Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
extra help with  test Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) extra help with  test 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 115 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 114 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.extra help with  test Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
extra help with  test Vote_lcapextra help with  test Voting_barextra help with  test Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
extra help with  test Vote_lcapextra help with  test Voting_barextra help with  test Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
extra help with  test Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
extra help with  test Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

extra help with test

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

extra help with  test Empty
PostSubject: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi guys i want to do a routine swab and droppings test but have never done one. Would anyone be able to tell me the best way to do it. They did send a sheet to show you how but wanted to get some extra info first if possible

john
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: test for birds   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:48 pm

John have a word in the chat room with the lads.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Darren/olstrain is your man....hes just gone off site but im sure he will advise when he comes back on later. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:58 pm

take a little bit of droppings from each section and put in the tube provided ...with the swab...go nice and gently ,get 1 person to hold the bird steady the 2 person hold the birds beak up-wards and push the swab gently down the birds throat and gently out again but it would be best to have a experienced pigeon man to hand and even then I have seen some clowns thinking they know what to do Laughing it is easy once you have been shown ,if I was you I would google it as I am sure their is a video of it maybe by a pigeon vet but its a two man job to do the swab
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Thanks guys thats a big help i have looked for a video have not found one yet if need be the vet by me treats pigeons so might have to go see her just to make sure its done right

john
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:34 pm

johnnorm2 wrote:
Thanks guys thats a big help i have looked for a video have not found one yet if need be the vet by me treats pigeons so might have to go see her just to make sure its done right

john

yes I would do that john as the swab needs to go down quite a way and the bird can easily be damaged ...I am sure theirs a video on you tube but don't take the chance until you are sure what to do atb
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 pm

yea thanks mate i will do that then think it be best tbh
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: test for birds   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:18 pm

John did you get your problem sorted out, a lot of good lads on forum to give you advice.
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes thanks mate just thought it be better to go the vets and get it done. I am going down to speak with her about it after she has done a op later on i dont want any unnecessary damage done by me lol

john
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: bird test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Good one John, hope all is well for the partnership.
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Thanks mate just checking everything is ok with them all looks ok there flying well and all but want to be 100 percent with them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:23 pm

got the test done 20 pound lol not much but at least it is done now just have to send it off now. hope all comes back ok now
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: bird test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Which ever way you look at it John, like you say £20 well spent, it will let you know if had any worries. Prevention is the best form of attack in loft management, hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:14 pm

yea true mate Very Happy thanks alot
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 pm

were you present john when the vet did the swab ...easy enough once you been shown eh ....good call you did the right thing m8 atb
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks mate yea i was there and she showed me how to do it for next time so it was worth the vist down there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: extra help with test   extra help with  test Empty

Back to top Go down

extra help with test
Page 1 of 1