Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Latebreds with yb sickness Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Latebreds with yb sickness 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Latebreds with yb sickness Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Latebreds with yb sickness Vote_lcapLatebreds with yb sickness Voting_barLatebreds with yb sickness Vote_rcap 
David
Latebreds with yb sickness Vote_lcapLatebreds with yb sickness Voting_barLatebreds with yb sickness Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Latebreds with yb sickness Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Latebreds with yb sickness Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Latebreds with yb sickness

Go down 
+5
Lofty
devo56
mufc rick
George & Morgan
Boosey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Latebreds with yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:53 pm

3 good local fanciers bred me a total of 16 lovely looking latebreds out of their best birds.

After about 10 days of getting them they contracted yb sickness.
I lost 5 off the loft 1 day, another 5 a few days later.

I unfortunately had to cull 1 and 1 died yesterday.

Even now 1 day they will digest all their food and I think they're over it and they will perk up, and one or 2 days later they can't digest their food again.
I'm devastated I havnt told the fanciers yet.

Yb sickness is a terrible thing.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:10 pm

sad to hear that boosey it goes to show how careful you have to be bringing in any new birds I have 6 show pens which I find useful for new birds and sick birds hope it clears up for you george
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:11 pm

bossey have u contacted a vet pal ? I would mate
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Not a nice thing Boosey, I am sure they will understand when you tell them mate, it can happen in any loft. We can buy products, keep loft clean and give our birds the best of everythink. Chin up mate.
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Terrible news boosey, I feel for you, hope it clears up quickly for you
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:55 pm

what are you treating them with boosey ?
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:20 pm

its a real shame boosey when things like this happen when good birds go bad or die when fanciers have bred them from thier best no body's to blame its just the way it is with our sport im sure you have done everything you can but as ive said befor (late breds more trouble than they are worth)
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:28 pm

ive only been racing 3 years .never had a bird die on me or nearly look like dying on me.ive had ybs sickness (or what I presumed was ybs .because when ever ybs get ill now its ybs ?) twice . first year I listened to advice and was happy for it, then 2nd year I asked the vet .im not having a go but if birds r ill don't automatically presume its ybs virus when it could be loads of things .seek medical advice mate will help u in the long run
here is a vet that I would recommend
http://www.belgicadeweerd.com/clinic-in-taiwan
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:39 pm

i don't like to treat ybs with meds but sometimes its necessity ...have you treated them steve  sounds like e-coli to me or salmonella always a danger lurking with new birds coming in especially from numerous lofts
I take it the feed is ok steve(storage and quality) I would feed very light until you get to the bottom of it something like depurative
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 pm

mufc rick wrote:
bossey  have u contacted a vet pal ? I would mate

As much as I hate to say it, so would I Rick (Contact a Vet) Sadly I suspect some thing a bit more sinister than YBS for Boosey. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:00 am

are they worth taking to a vet they would have to be good to do that google Alan daraggh NI 7 national wins see what he says about sick birds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 10:12 am

I think whatever the problem it was already in the pigeons when they arrived and the stress of a new loft and being weaned has brought the illness to the fore ...I would put money on it being adeno/coli syndrome or salmonella but without seeing the droppings and birds nobody can be certain so I would get on the blower to belgica de weerd... have the birds been vaccinated steve if so how long before the illness struck or was it in conjunction with the vaccination or were the birds vaccinated before they arrived ...vaccination kick starts the immune system ...sorry to hear of your predicament as I know you care a lot about yer birds atb
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:13 pm

how are those latebreds getting on boosey and are the others in the loft ok
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:20 pm

3 latebreds in 1 section seem to be on the mend gaining body weight and droppings firming up nicely.
1 latebreds in hospital hutch still bad.
All old birds look 100%.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:32 pm

surprised you have kept any of them steve but that's jmo good luck with them are they for racing or breeding george
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:34 pm

good to hear that their on the mend and all old birds are ok asif pigeon racing isn't hard enough with out problems like this
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 8:55 am

nice one steve those that are left must have a good constitution the one that died was probably the carrier and by working through the situation you have learned a lot take the easy way out but personally I would never cull a whole yb team I would get pleasure out of seeing them fly well again knowing I had got them right I have had ybs win after young bird sickness and so have many others...just a thought steve did the yb that died and the one that's still ill come from the same source
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 9:36 am

Yes they did Darren
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 am

Boosey wrote:
Yes they did Darren

sounds like that source was the culprit of your problems steve ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:38 am

I think on this one we will differ for me there is a difference in your own team having young bird sickness and bringing ybs in and them having the sickness steve were they for a race team or stock
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 am

most people bring in ybs George what if the test loft birds get adeno/coli should I cull the whole team
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:26 am

Darren you are the one running a test loft you must know the risk that goes with that i'm being honest I would have binned the birds left no way would they have stayed in my loft george
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:42 am

fair enough George ... don't get me wrong if a bird does not respond to my remedies it goes but I feel every bird is worth a chance some ybs go to the point of no return these are the ones that have to go for me atb
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:55 am

hi Darren as you know I was thinking more of the other birds in the loft
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 3:17 pm

its ok to disagree George I respect your opinion ...many roads lead to rome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds with yb sickness   Latebreds with yb sickness Empty

Back to top Go down

Latebreds with yb sickness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next