Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Latebreds...............? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Latebreds...............? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Latebreds...............? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Latebreds...............? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Latebreds...............? Vote_lcapLatebreds...............? Voting_barLatebreds...............? Vote_rcap 
David
Latebreds...............? Vote_lcapLatebreds...............? Voting_barLatebreds...............? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Latebreds...............? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Latebreds...............? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Latebreds...............?

Go down 
+6
peel bros
Rudderfett
Don Webb
geordiejen
steve1952
David
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Latebreds...............? Empty
PostSubject: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 pm

when are ybs considered latebreds........? roughly what month or is it just that they are too late to race?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm

when its too late to race David
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 pm

for me anything after may is a late bred.might even atke a couple of rounds after the moult as well.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Would say June/July thats late
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Very Happy Well If you ask me late breds apart from birds for stock are a waste of time, money, and space. If you keep them for stock purpose fine as they might produce something good, but for racing as yearlings no chance. No
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy Well If you ask me late breds apart from birds for stock are a waste of time, money, and space. If you keep them for stock purpose fine as they might produce something good, but for racing as yearlings no chance. No
agree 100% i binned my 7 today 09 late breds, wont be having anymore after may
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 pm

why put them in the bin steve?are they of no use to you?thats something i cnnot do is nut healthy birds.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 pm

i was going to race them but partner brought dog scared birds, even a day without food they stayed on roof, gave up on them today had enough
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Very Happy Yep every year we have a couple hoping they are champions, soon as you train them no matter how carefully, they are gone, never again for me thats it. I would rather feed them to the ferret. unless like I said you use for breeding, but thing is with that as soon as you realize they havened produced champions, they end up in the bin, so pointless even having them in the first place.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm

£600 down drain with them started with 12, 1 shot 4 lost round loft
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 pm

I know were the money is hay Steve lol! lol! lol!

If you can loss money like that throw some this way please lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 pm

has anyone ever bred decent ybs from latebreds.........? ive a couple of ybs off latebreds this year so ill see how they race.......... rendeer

gordiejen, im the same......i cant kill a pigeon, couldnt do it.........dont know what will happen in a season or two when im overcrowded maybe...... scratch
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:47 am

if they get raced they will be ok, its when they have no racing as yb,s its hard to get a good one as a yearling.no experience
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:04 am

latebreds i had were weaned end of august 09
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:40 am

well i raceing a stray late breed i raced her last week and she come 6 mins behing the winner and im also flying 2 other lates this week end and im hopeing the stray one dose better for me ... as part of her tail feathers where missing abd there growing back fast .... and that was better than the other that raced a card last year ....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm

personally i wouldnt waste my time on latebreds never really come to nothing apart from the odd one or two scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:19 pm

i cant speak from experience because as far as i know ive never raced one.......but most fanciers ive spoke to on the subject say thry are a waste of time feeding them and looking after them all winter just to loose them when racing starts.
on the other hand did they train/school them properly.....? is this why they did nothing racing.....? i would think they would be ok for stock tho, latebreds are usually bred off a fanciers best birds so they will carry the winning blood...... cat
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:20 pm

this to me is all i would keep a latebred for stock if well bred
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Sorry Ian have to agree with you on that one scratch
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Sorry Ian have to agree with you on that one scratch
Don you forgot to add MATE on end lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:37 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 am

just happened to be reading the R.P. weekly and a fancier said he won with a latebred, cant remember what race but if i remember rightly it was quite a big/good race to win.......so it just goes to show things arent always black and white are they....?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:46 am

yes you will get the odd one ,then again its hard getting a winner with a early bred one at the moment lol
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 am

DAVID wrote:
just happened to be reading the R.P. weekly and a fancier said he won with a latebred, cant remember what race but if i remember rightly it was quite a big/good race to win.......so it just goes to show things arent always black and white are they....?
they are for me , i dont race latebreds
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 am

mmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latebreds...............?   Latebreds...............? Empty

Back to top Go down

Latebreds...............?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next