Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Vote_lcappigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Voting_barpigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
David
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Vote_lcappigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Voting_barpigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

pigeons/ bathing

Go down 
+8
peel bros
joe_canary
littlehen
Don Webb
Admin
David
Grizzle cock
IANYOUNG
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm

i agree with don david,would be nice if you could get some ybs from a fed winning flyer, and even nicer to get ybs from the actual winners. sunny

you never know david,they just might part with one or two. affraid
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

dont get me wrong but bi dont think people in your fed who youare going to fly against will sell you birds out of there winners
Back to top Go down
joe_canary
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
joe_canary

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:47 pm

yes i agree with you ian nobdy whom is winning is guna give u any thing off there winner
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Joe Canary, why do you think fanciers wouldnt part with their good birds, helping struggling fanciers?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 pm

hi niel, i dont think many top fanciers would give their good bloodlines to anyone who they fly against or who is in the same area.....ive seen supposedly birds that are breeding winners for sale and the seller says "ive bred enough from them....i want someone else to get some benifit from them" bullshit!!! how can you have enough or too many winners ?...... No so they are going to sell proven winners and keep birds that arnt as good to breed from ??? No
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm

So , conclusion, if you want good birds, one needs to start at the bottom with bad to mediocre birds, than with trial and error building own team of good birds.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Agree with you Niel with the trial and error
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:42 pm

David you can get pigeons from your fed winning lofts and the way to do it is to ask for the eggs which the winning team of widowhood pigeons but if they ask for money it should only cost you a drink down the pub

But you do not know who the parants are but if you can get a few winning pigeons so be it
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 pm

If you can not get them from fanciers in your area then try a different area or you can start writing in the weekly books just to get you visiting theses type of fanciers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 pm

just do what im doing niel, learn about the management of the birds and how to look after them....letting them out and feeding etc. everyone makes mistakes its just that we need to learn from them so that they dont happen again...not all advise is right what fellow fanciers give but decide for yourself if it will benefit your methods and you birds

but one thing i do know is right is the advise members on our site have given when they say to race them and then i will know what/if any are any good.....and then once we have found out if some are good we can maybe breed the best to each other as a solid foundation.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm

don, a friend of mine got a pair of pigeons given as the owner was going to put them in the bin because every round of eggs they laid they trampled and smashed them....my friend took them home and never had the same problem and every yb he breeds out of them either tops the fed or wins 1st prize racing, and he breeds a pair for the bloke who give them to him and they win for him....last time he was at my house he said they were on eggs and asked if i wanted them, i didnt have any rings so i missed out on some real good birds.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I bet you don't do that again you should have put some old rings on them
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:06 pm

david most of your best pigeons you will get as a gift in good faith
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:14 pm

I think i have get one in good faith, only prob is, he is 11 yers old.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:38 pm

doesnt matter could still breed you winners if he still fills his eggs that is
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanx Ian, good to know, im going to try him anyway, hope he could still fill the eggs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:48 pm

niel, john (stormqueen) has that 15 year old cock that has hatched a couple of ybs this year so your 11 year old could still do it hopefully..... flower
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:38 pm

niel are you going to get youngbirds out of him this year
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:58 pm

if it were me i would give it a go if he is a good bird.....even if you can get some latebreds out of him it would be ok, with him being old you cant hang about as this could be the last year he could fill his eggs.....good luck niel, get him paired quickly. lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:09 pm

yes david cant waste time good advise
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:36 pm

hows the 11 year old niel, have you sorted a hen out for him yet......did the fancier who gave you him have him paired up or breed anything from him this year ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Don't worry about the age neil
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:01 pm

The best thing to do is put him in a section on his own so he can tread the hen o.k and not be disturbed by the younger cocks
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:04 pm

If you were in this country i would be breeding from him now as it is warmer and better time in the year

As long as you can get him in a warm environment you should be o.k
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Don Webb wrote:
The best thing to do is put him in a section on his own so he can tread the hen o.k and not be disturbed by the younger cocks

yes don i agree with you , ive heard of doing this with older cocks......do you know, ive a yb in the nest now ready to leave in about a week and it seems a better yb than the ones i bred earlier.....most likely due to the better weather. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   pigeons/ bathing - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

pigeons/ bathing
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next