Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Bedding / Deep Litter ???
by David Today at 6:33 pm

» Respiratory treatment
by oldstrain Today at 5:11 pm

» 4th club carentan
by blueskylofts Today at 4:21 pm

» Weather today
by markevans Today at 12:05 pm

» 3rd & 6th Berwick
by blueskylofts Today at 11:37 am

» 3rd & 10th club coutances, 5th 6th & 8th club Cheltenham
by blueskylofts Today at 11:33 am

» York Road And District Flying Club, Leeds
by redrog Today at 11:11 am

» Racing this Weekend 27/5/17
by Knackered Today at 2:49 am

» Welcome miguelharrison...
by Knackered Today at 2:40 am

Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

Briant, David, redrog, VanReet Man123

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
redrog
 
Knackered
 
blueskylofts
 
David
 
oldstrain
 
markevans
 
Don Webb
 
Boosey
 
Sir Rene Archer wins 1st & 2nd club.
Rene Archer wins 1st and 2nd from Messac 118 miles on the 02/06/12 with a 2year old Jan Aarden which was lightly raced as a yearling...... Rene also took 1st on the 19/05/12 from Carentan 62 miles with a Barker, his daughters were also 2nd in the same race where they were the only birds home on the day.....Well done to Rene and his daughters.
Similar topics
Links.
Statistics
We have 1086 registered users
The newest registered user is miguelharrison

Our users have posted a total of 151653 messages in 9996 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Knackered
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 pigeons/ bathing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 11428
Join date : 2009-03-30
Age : 54
Location : south shields

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:36 pm

okay david keep groveling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28771
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 pm

i do that most days ian...... lol! its become a way of life now..... lol! im only kidding about her really, i dont know how she has put up with me for all these years..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13793
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Sorry no grovling from me as the family comes first everytime
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28771
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:15 am

yes don, same here....it has to do doesnt it. thankfully im not too restricted with my birds most of the time. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 13793
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 44
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Not the same here at the moment mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairweather-Turner
Chipping
Chipping
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2017-03-08
Age : 37
Location : West Sydney Australia

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:44 am

Once or twice a week I bath my birds if it's raining I don't bath them I add a bit of condy's crystals to it not much Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ozpigeons.com.au
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9767
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:56 pm

potassium permagnate great stuff for the bathwater
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5449
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:37 pm

oldstrain wrote:
potassium permagnate great stuff for the bathwater
Maybe Smile Smile maybe not Wink Wink O/S. Garlic, bleach/vinegar/salt. Virkon S, eucalyptus/tea tree oil or even copper sulphate to name a few others & at times etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes just plain water can be of benefit I've found.
*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 28771
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

I like the pigeons to have a bath, it tightens the feathers up and helps them moult ( I think...lol )

the only thing I put in the bath water is salt and vinegar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1115
Join date : 2015-10-07
Location : Swansea

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:08 pm

oldstrain wrote:
potassium permagnate great stuff for the bathwater

How much would you use in a bath daz, found some here I had over from my fish keeping days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5449
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Lofty wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
potassium permagnate great stuff for the bathwater

How much would you use in a bath daz, found some here I had over from my fish keeping days.
By all means, use it all up Lofty  Smile Smile "PP CC". Then may I suggest here lol! lol! lol! from someone that knows absolutely nothing at all etc, you just get a plastic jar/container, I use a 500 ml plastic jar filled with water & 1 garlic bulb. Sit it out in the sun for a week to cook Smile Smile & suck it all in Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes before placing the water mix in your bath water for the birds, then keep re-using it over & over again. Cheap as chips Smile Smile but Boy oh Boy, does it have an effect as such Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 9767
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:52 pm

about 1/4 tea spoon full up to 2 buckets of water atb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1115
Join date : 2015-10-07
Location : Swansea

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Knackered wrote:
Lofty wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
potassium permagnate great stuff for the bathwater

How much would you use in a bath daz, found some here I had over from my fish keeping days.
By all means, use it all up Lofty  Smile Smile "PP CC". Then may I suggest here lol! lol! lol! from someone that knows absolutely nothing at all etc, you just get a plastic jar/container, I use a 500 ml plastic jar filled with water & 1 garlic bulb. Sit it out in the sun for a week to cook Smile Smile & suck it all in Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes before placing the water mix in your bath water for the birds, then keep re-using it over & over again. Cheap as chips Smile Smile but Boy oh Boy, does it have an effect as such Wink Wink.  cheers

Anything with garlic will have me throwing up all over the garden, so I think I'll leave that one knackered lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1115
Join date : 2015-10-07
Location : Swansea

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:17 pm

oldstrain wrote:
about 1/4 tea spoon full up to 2 buckets of water atb

Nice one daz, thanks buddy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5449
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Lofty wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Lofty wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
potassium permagnate great stuff for the bathwater

How much would you use in a bath daz, found some here I had over from my fish keeping days.
By all means, use it all up Lofty  Smile Smile "PP CC". Then may I suggest here lol! lol! lol! from someone that knows absolutely nothing at all etc, you just get a plastic jar/container, I use a 500 ml plastic jar filled with water & 1 garlic bulb. Sit it out in the sun for a week to cook Smile Smile & suck it all in Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes before placing the water mix in your bath water for the birds, then keep re-using it over & over again. Cheap as chips Smile Smile but Boy oh Boy, does it have an effect as such Wink Wink.  cheers

Anything with garlic will have me throwing up all over the garden, so I think I'll leave that one knackered lol!
Why lol! lol! lol! you would only be smelling it as such Smile Smile the birds will drink it with gusto & joy etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 1115
Join date : 2015-10-07
Location : Swansea

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:05 pm

It's the smell that does it for me , just turns my stomach and I start heaving all over the place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5449
Join date : 2013-03-11

PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:01 am

Lofty wrote:
It's the smell that does it for me , just turns my stomach and I start heaving all over the place
Smell Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes early in my trade here lofty Smile Smile I did all the maintance issues at a place where they made tennis strings out of  animal gut etc amongst  other things. Some thing shocking Smile Smile in the smell department as such & you would have just loved a job there Wink Wink I suspect. 2 flyers I knew well back then, King & Johnson worked there & were neighbours, with one marrying the other ones sister at the time & you lol! lol! lol! always knew when they come straight to the club from work with their birds. The old dunny man Smile Smile "Back yard job" was Mr clean in the smell department as such Wink Wink compared to the 2 above.
*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: pigeons/ bathing   

Back to top Go down
 
pigeons/ bathing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
 Similar topics
-
» pigeons/ bathing
» The eight most common health problems with our pigeons are:
» CONDITION AND FORM FOR RACING PIGEONS
» Pigeons scratching beak and head area
» breeds of pigeons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Latest Pigeon News-
Jump to: