Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Weather today
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby David Today at 9:30 am

» Morgan's new job
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
Looking a the pigeons Breast Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Looking a the pigeons Breast 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Looking a the pigeons Breast Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Looking a the pigeons Breast Vote_lcapLooking a the pigeons Breast Voting_barLooking a the pigeons Breast Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Looking a the pigeons Breast Vote_lcapLooking a the pigeons Breast Voting_barLooking a the pigeons Breast Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222568 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Looking a the pigeons Breast Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Looking a the pigeons Breast Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Looking a the pigeons Breast

Go down 
+3
David
VanReet Man123
blueskylofts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Looking a the pigeons Breast Empty
PostSubject: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 9:28 am

Now here is a question for you all to ponder whilst you are waiting for your birds to come back.

Exactly what do fanciers look for when they part the 'Cover Feathers' on the breast of their pigeons?

I know that people think, that the breast flesh can show the condition of the bird, but what are they hoping to see when the bird is 'fit'!

I have recently read a couple of articles that say you shouldn't part the very important cover feathers. Yet a lot of racing people do it a lot - I have done it in the past. But I have never known why or what I am supposed to be looking for.

Can someone clear this mystery up for me please.

I also hear about this so called 'The Form Spot' - is that like the Eye Sign - A load of nonsense?

What is a Form Spot?
Where is it?
What does it look like?
Why is it there?
How long does it stay?

Etc etc!

Thank in anticipation.

Phil from blueskylofts
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 9:40 am

We like to see a nice red/pink chest and with a shine on it the form spot is normally on the keel bone it's a red spot not sure how long it lasts for.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 9:41 am

hi phil, yes ive heard of this before, I think its small spots along the keel, like blood blisters is the nearest I can describe.....but ive never looked nor paid any attention to it.

I may be wrong , but this is what I take it to be....... scratch
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

VanReet Man123 wrote:
We like to see a nice red/pink chest and  with a shine on it the form spot is normally on the keel bone it's a red spot not sure how long it lasts for.

Thanks VR man and David:-

Yes - BUT what is it and what causes it? I really want to Meta-physically what it is and why does it appear only when the birds is very fit or 'on-form'?

Keep the answers coming in please.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 10:26 am

David wrote:
hi phil, yes ive heard of this before, I think its small spots along the keel, like blood blisters is the nearest I can describe.....but ive never looked nor paid any attention to it.

I may be wrong , but this is what I take it to be....... scratch

I've seen it "Often" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes has it any value (Maybe, Maybe not) would depend from my perspective if the bird was any good etc & in racing condition  with all the other signs avaliable on race day. One could ask if this condition on certain birds wins over birds that may have purple type breasts on the whole & I would put foreward Wink Wink "Maybe, maybe not". Now Smile Smile would I place it up there with eye sign. NO NO NO lol! lol! lol! that's in a class of it's own from where I sit bounce bounce . Now, parting of the breast feathers is some thing many do I suspect through the curiosity factor, but is it good for the birds, I would again say NO NO NO Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 10:45 am

blueskylofts wrote:
VanReet Man123 wrote:
We like to see a nice red/pink chest and  with a shine on it the form spot is normally on the keel bone it's a red spot not sure how long it lasts for.

Yes - BUT what is it and what causes it?  I really want to Meta-physically what it is and why does it appear only when the birds is very fit or 'on-form'?

Phil

Phil Smile Smile. May I suggest you look up the Jack Barkel site here, he delves into this topic in his own way etc there & is well worth a look from my perspective. Not that I lol! lol! lol! believed everything that he waffled on about Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile but worth the effort to look, seeing as it has caught your interest etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 11:30 am

some of my birds have a spot their all the time others I never see it thinks its just another bull theory myself
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 12:41 pm

I am not entering this conversation on breasts sorry
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 1:09 pm

peel bros wrote:

I was thinking the same ray, just keep calm, take deep breaths, until the topic fades away lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 1:20 pm

It's my favourite subject funny enough. I could talk all day on this topic but I. Ll not bore you lol
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
VanReet Man123 wrote:

Yes - BUT what is it and what causes it?  I really want to Meta-physically what it is and why does it appear only when the birds is very fit or 'on-form'?

Phil

Phil Smile Smile. May I suggest you look up the Jack Barkel site here, he delves into this topic in his own way etc there & is well worth a look from my perspective. Not that I lol! lol! lol! believed everything that he waffled on about Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile but worth the effort to look, seeing as it has caught your interest etc. cheers

Thank you EVERYONE -for your contribution. I guess we should leave it here.

How ever, I will look at the Jack Barkel site if I can find it. It may make an interesting read anyway.

Good luck everyone this afternoon.
Phil
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 1:35 pm

peel bros wrote:

me neither ray i used to be an inspector lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 5:21 pm

shippy wrote:
peel bros wrote:

me neither ray i used to be an inspector lol! lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! Age caught up with you did it Shippy Smile Smile when doing the inspecting trick  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes did you take photo's for proof of identity etc Smile Smile if so our Ray Smile Smile may be interested, I suspect. Now bounce bounce back to the subject here. Our man Mr Burnside here & his pigeon, does any one really believe this subject under discussion was his number one criteria when setting his good pigeon up to a race to gain it's results as such. May have played a part etc but more things were of importance to him I would suspect. Another thing to maybe ponder Smile Smile John Rumney & his brave band I believe sent 24 pigeons amongst them selves to your Faliase race. Did the subject under discussion here become their only criteria when sending their 24 soldiers into battle Wink Wink I think not bounce bounce. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking a the pigeons Breast   Looking a the pigeons Breast Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking a the pigeons Breast
Page 1 of 1