Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:04 pm

» Weather today
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 11:40 am

» APHA Forms .......
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 11:38 am

» Good Morning
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 11:36 am

» come join us
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Vote_lcapEYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Voting_barEYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Vote_lcapEYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Voting_barEYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222862 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

EYESIGN ??

Go down 
+7
Feral's-Loft
Bricoux
Chanco
Don Webb
David
IANYOUNG
Grizzle cock
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:04 am

yes don your right.....like i say i do take type of eye into cosideration when im pairing up but its not the main thing i base it on....i like to put opposites to each other, or at least ones that are different to each other...... monkey
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:17 am

Every body to there own method
Back to top Go down
Chanco
Chipping
Chipping
Chanco

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 7:34 am

DAVID wrote:
if a fancier gets a bird that wins well and looks at the eyes, hes going to read all sorts into it and then say the eye tells him this....i think half of it is covering their backs....dual purpose eye? anyone can say that....bet most have never seen a green eye or even if they have they wouldnt recognise one, or a violet eye too.....one things for certain don, a winner never has a bad eye..... Very Happy

David, one thing has always botherd me about eye sign and its' educational quality of allowing the fancier to be able to tell whether a pigeon is a'good' one or not. You will have gathered by now that I am radical in my thinking and sometimes dare to question where others do not. When I do question, it is not because I ridicule the theory that someone is putting forward but how they arrived at that conclusion in the first place. During my time with pigeons I have learnt that there are 'very few, if any' theories that stand up to scrutiny and the fancier supporting this theory finds it difficult to explain or support his logic. First and foremost I believe that these are only theories and not an exact science, once we establish that line of thinking it becomes easy to question the validity of any theory.
The thought that has always intrigued me is that if eye sign is all that it is said to be then why aren't its' believers and practioners the best pigeon men in the land. Why, if they can spot breeders a mile off, dont they breed winners every time ? why, if it is such a pointer to a birds racing ability dont they have the best racers in the area? All valid questions I believe.
I have NEVER come across a person who is an eye sign 'expert' who is also a top pigeon man who can breed winners at will just by looking at a pigeons eye and I would suggest that if they are owners of such birds then it is the basket that has produced those birds and not the owners knowledge of eye sign.
Would you not expect it to follow that the top eye sign men are ALWAYS the top pigeon men?
One of the top men on eye sign in this area was Brian May of Rotherham who was a personal friend of mine, we had long discussions about the validity of this theory and on most occasions he would say what you have quoted ' a winner never has a bad eye'...........but are there good eyes that will never be winners?.
I am sure that you are genuine in your belief of the Eye Sign theory and I respect that, however, you are welcome to come over and visit me and appraise my birds on eye sign and their potential as racers.
I have to confess that I have no knowledge of this theory and whilst I may appear to disbelive it, I have every respect for the fanciers who do.
There are many things that I am ignorant of in spite of my years in this game and I am always very appreciative of any knowledge or education that I can add to my 'store' of pigeon experience.
I sincerely hope that you or other collegues do not take my post as being one that ridicules the theory and I would be more than happy to have the logic of it explained to me.
Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanx for your comment Chanco, i believe what you have said.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 pm

hi malcolm, i will get back to you on your thoughts on eyesign, i was in the middle of replying when i touched something and it all went off......
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi Malcolm

I respect what you have said in your post but the one thing i will say is the best eyesign will always be the basket

As I have said before i am just curious about this subject and i know nothing about it even thou i have been interested in this subject for almost 30 years

As they say curiocity kills the cat
Back to top Go down
Chanco
Chipping
Chipping
Chanco

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Hi Malcolm

I respect what you have said in your post but the one thing i will say is the best eyesign will always be the basket

As I have said before i am just curious about this subject and i know nothing about it even thou i have been interested in this subject for almost 30 years

As they say curiocity kills the cat

Hi Don,
I have always found this to be a very difficult subject to discuss, mainly because eye sign belivers all appear to have read from the same book and use the same jargon and terms whenever they talk about it. At one time I spoke about this to a guy who was, in fact, a qualified Opthalmist and when I mentioned to him such things as circles of corelation he just laughed at me and said it was all rubbish. Now, I would not venture to say that it was all rubbish but I need to be convinced that the theory is capable of holding water.
You can talk pigeon men into believing anything, just look at the amount of medicines we buy, tonics and pick me-ups you name it and you can find a pigeon man to buy it. In my time I have been exposed to the Wing theory, Throat theory, Tail theory, Form spots, warm feet etc etc. and there was not one occasion that any logic could have been applied to the belief because it was just an opinion and not a science.
Only last year a guy living two doors away from me started up keeping a few birds that he got from a pigeon keeping mate. It was not long before he was telling me all kinds of things that his mate had told him, most of it absolute rubbish. He asked me to go over and see his birds as soon as he could get them off the house roof! when he did, he picked up a pigeon opened its' wing, held it up to the light, ran his hands over its' back and then proceeded to look at its' eye. before handing it to me. I asked him what he had noticed about the pigeon after its' examination, he replied " What do you mean"? I told him that there is much to see about the bird if you only know what to look for. Inspecting the bird I first told him that the bird was very late bred, perhaps August, I told him that it had come from a loft where the fancier probably had no routine as regard feeding, I told him that the breeder was almost certainly right handed and in its' very short life it had spent nights out on the roof. (being an experienced fancier I am sure you know what I am talking about) but this guy had seen his mate do this opening of wing thing and just copied him, giving the impression that he knew about pigeons! When I explained how I could tell all these things just by a casual inspection he just looked at me as though I was a nutcase!
A perfect example of someone who knows' nothing but absorbs everything that he is told because he dosen't want to appear as though he knows' nothing. And I think it would be true to say that there are those who follow the eye sign theory blindly because someone has had a good stab at convincing them that it all perfectly true and scientific.
Now I have said that for those who believe it I have nothing but respect for their opinion, and I believe they have a right to express what they believe. Indeed, it would be a poorer place if we all believed the same.
I hope this post will encourage those who claim to have faith in their ability to read 'eyes' to debate their reasons and explain their logic in doing so, for I myself would like to understand the theory.
I have a lot to learn yet and once you recognise that fact then the road to becoming a good fancier seems suddenly easier.
Just my opinion.........................
Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Bricoux
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
Bricoux

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Ok eyesign men, if you can cast your mind back some forty years or so, does anyone remember Paul Sion, I think he was French.
This man won everything with his birds Club Nationals and Internationals, yet most of his birds had Bull eyes.
This tends to dismiss the eyesign theory. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi bricoux i think it were Robert Sion, from tourcoing, Norhern France.
What is bull eyes ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:17 pm

hi niel, this is whats called a bull eye..... Very Happy

EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Bull_eye_1
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:21 pm

even though bull eyes have the dark covering it means nothing to eyesign men as far as i know as beyond that there is still the eyesign and iris colour....and as far as i know a bull eye to an eyesign man is no less an eye, just because its a bull it can still be judged as good or bad.

Last edited by DAVID on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanx Dave, lol! lol! , no sign at all !!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:24 pm

there is neil, its just beyond the dark film....strong light and eye glass will still see the eye sign ...
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:25 pm

my chequer white cock that won andrezel last year also has a bull eye
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 pm

DAVID wrote:
there is neil, its just beyond the dark film....strong light and eye glass will still see the eye sign ...
So its windows is just tinted ? lol! drunken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:33 pm

yes ian, as far as i know many winners have a bull eye....as far as i know it doesnt mean they are no good just because they have this....proves it with yours doesnt it..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Grizzle wrote:
DAVID wrote:
So its windows is just tinted ? lol! drunken

yes niel exactly that.... lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 pm

yes david wish i had a loft full of them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm

as long as they win it doesnt matter what eyes they have to me....the only thing that i do cosider is when it comes to breeding and as part of my decision i would cosider what im putting together....eyesign is not the main thing i decide my pairings on as i also like to put a cheq to a blue as this is what i see done when looking at certain pedigrees of winners...just my opinion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm

why a chequer to blue david why not winner to winner
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm

simple answer ian....I AINT GOT NONE..... lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:14 pm

dont know why though but i dont really like to put two blues together altho i have done it last year and this year because i had no choice.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:14 pm

but you will have i dont doubt that
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:15 pm

why Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:18 pm

why what ian ? do you mean why did i have no choice ? if so i had no choice because i only had 6 yearlings to pair up and 4 were cheqs and 2 blues....coupled with the fact i dont put eyes similar or the same to each other it didnt leave much choice for me...when i get more birds things will change though... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EYESIGN ??
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next