Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Vote_lcapEYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Voting_barEYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Vote_lcapEYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Voting_barEYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

EYESIGN ??

Go down 
+7
Feral's-Loft
Bricoux
Chanco
Don Webb
David
IANYOUNG
Grizzle cock
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi Malcolm

Thank you for your reply and you are correct in saying that a lot of people follow there friend and try to sound like they know everything

Malcolm as i have said before i know nothing and it is only my opinion but if i had your knowledge it would make things a little be easier to understand pigeons on a whole

Malcolm if you ever get time to write a book on pigeons, then please let me buy the first one please as i would love to use your knowledge
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 6:48 pm

I have made my mind up about eyesign, the best eye for me is the one who see the trapdoor first.
I will put same eyes together , if the trapdoor says so.
Thanx all for your comments. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 6:56 pm

hi niel, re putting the same eyes together some say never to put pearl to pearl but i dont take any notice of this totally and would put them to each other if need be....when i said i dont put same to each other my choice is because i take more notice of the iris rather than the full eye....when i can type my resons in ful and maybe show with photos i will post it up.
Back to top Go down
Chanco
Chipping
Chipping
Chanco

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:02 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi niel, re putting the same eyes together some say never to put pearl to pearl but i dont take any notice of this totally and would put them to each other if need be....when i said i dont put same to each other my choice is because i take more notice of the iris rather than the full eye....when i can type my resons in ful and maybe show with photos i will post it up.

Hi David,
I sincerely hope that you have not taken umbrage regarding my postings and opinions on eye sign, as I would hate to have you think of me as being of a closed mind on the subject.
It was not my intention to ridicule anyones' belief in the theory, more to promote a healthy debate. I couldn't help noticing that you had been quite on the subject and I feared I might have upset you with my opnion, I sincerely hope not.
Regards,
Malcolm
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:14 pm

hi malcolm, no not at all.....i did start to give my reasons a couple of days ago but lost my reply when touching a key somewhere. as i have just said to niel, eyesign is only part of the things i would consider when pairing my birds as at the moment i have not raced them to be able to pair on performance....so when i say i do not put like to like the guide i go by is more on the iris than the rest of the eye as this i think gives me a better understanding of its stamina and homing ability...
as soon as get chance i will show what i mean malcolm, it is nothing complecated and only a basic line of thought but one i like to go by.
thanks malcolm,
david.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 pm

hi david as you guessed not really into eyesign, but evryone to there own, if we were all the same then it would be a boring world
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 pm

hi ian, i would only say i have an interest in it....i do not consider myself an eyesign man its just that like many others it is just one of the things i consider when pairing up.....
you can guarantee that when most fanciers are given a pigeon they will automatically look at the eye...even tho they dont know what they are looking at fanciers would always like to see a rich eye rather than a wishy washy one...
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 pm

David you are right in what you say even the fanciers that are completly against eyesign always look at the eye

Will say i like the subject and there is something about it and its the curiosity that made me start to look at this subject also
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi Malcolm

i would like to say that your comments are very good and give a different angel to look at with this wounderful sport and the pigeons on a whole
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:13 pm

hi don, ive read that the eye also gives an indication as to the birds health.....but i dont know how to read it..... clown
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Not sure myself but from what i have read the fitness line shows when the pigeon is in form and this is the fifth circle or the outter circle of the eye
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 pm

DAVID wrote:
dont know why though but i dont really like to put two blues together altho i have done it last year and this year because i had no choice.
why dont you like to put two blues together
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:33 pm

dont really know ian, its just a feeling that they are weaker than cheqs....i know it sounds stupid but the young from them dont seem as robust......i suppose its just one of my likes and dislikes when pairing up, blue to a cheq and light eye to dark eye, big pigeon to little pigeon... lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Yes David it is what suits you, as every fancier has different ideas
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:31 pm

one thing i have noticed with this years ybs is that they are altering from the original stock birds i bought...what i mean is that the 6 i bought were all like peas in a pod and so were the 6 ybs bred from them, now this year the ybs bred from stock are still the same but the ybs bred fron the youngsters from stock are different....seem to be getting bigger and longer cast...? only thing i can put it down to is that some of my hens are fairly big for hens and if ive paired them to big cocks thats why the ybs are getting bigger. when ive put a small cock to a big hen the ybs are small to medium which is ok for me....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm

yes david dont like big hens like hens to be nice and small
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 pm

got some small ones too ian, dont mind the big hens as such its just bred with a big cock seems to breed the wrong type of bird ....then again i wont know until they race will i. No
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:39 pm

no david but wont bethat long to test them out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm

hopefully next season.....and starting with ybs.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 5:39 pm

bet you cant wait
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm

i cant ian, i should be able to breed about 24-26 ybs so that will be enough to race i should think.....although the top prize winner in the local mid-week club is packing in after this season and is having an auction so i might just nip along and see if theres anything to buy that has won something..... rendeer
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:32 pm

With the breeding of the young birds, a freind of mine always moved his stock pairings a round after 1 round of young birds

He had 8 pair of stock he would breed 4 rounds or pair the cock to 4 hens have young birds and the next year the next 4 hens

Doing things this way he could see what the young were like and see which hen was suited to this cock for breeding winners
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Big hens paired to big cocks (sorry how it reads) will always bred large young birds and this is were you try to pair to get the right type of pigeon to suit your racing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:40 am

yes don, thats it.....big to big is giving me pigeons i dont like as its altering the build of my team.....maybe big might race well i dont know but i dont like this third generation. ive got better ybs putting a small cock to a big hen.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 5:30 pm

i like small stocky cocks so i prefer small hens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EYESIGN ??   EYESIGN ?? - Page 3 Empty