Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Birds have you got missing Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:25 am

» Weather today
Birds have you got missing Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Birds have you got missing Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Birds have you got missing Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Birds have you got missing Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Birds have you got missing Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Birds have you got missing Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Birds have you got missing Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Birds have you got missing Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Birds have you got missing 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Birds have you got missing Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Birds have you got missing Vote_lcapBirds have you got missing Voting_barBirds have you got missing Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Birds have you got missing Vote_lcapBirds have you got missing Voting_barBirds have you got missing Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222734 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Birds have you got missing Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Birds have you got missing Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Birds have you got missing

Go down 
+8
peel bros
oldstrain
IANYOUNG
Don Webb
Lofty
johnnorm2
David
edgie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Birds have you got missing Empty
PostSubject: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 2:06 pm

How
Many you got missing this week.2 for me
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 2:31 pm

im not racing edgie, but ive heard some loosing half their pigeons.....
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Had 2 out of 2 this week but lost 4 last week
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 3:54 pm

We didn't race this week either, but lost 4 last week, afraid to race now in case we lose any more, with such a small team want at least a couple for next year.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Lofty wrote:
We didn't race this week either, but lost 4 last week, afraid to race now in case we lose any more, with such a small team want at least a couple for next year.

Lofty don't take this the wrong way mate but I would race them and what ever is left at the end of the season you can say when you race them next season you have the confidence in your birds knowing they have had plenty of road work on the wing
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 5:49 pm

have lost 9 in two weeks but like they say basket sorts them out they have to go in my opinion for experience
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:00 pm

What we have left are a couple of older ybs which have gone into a moult and some later bred ones, we're going to get these trained up and put them into the later races when we come back to Swindon and Newbury later , then what we've got left will do us for next year
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:07 pm

we have lost one in our two races we race sundays so still time yet for him to turn in, stiff race today but good experience for them ...like you lofty some of mine are moulting now so have to be careful with those
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Lofty wrote:
What we have left are a couple of older ybs which have gone into a moult and some later bred ones, we're going to get these trained up and put them into the later races when we come back to Swindon and Newbury later , then what we've got left will do us for next year

Lofty if you can give your birds plenty of schooling (training) up to 60 miles on an arch and if you have the time and what I mean is if you have 20 birds if you can liberate them in two's or as I would say double them up every 5 min intervals then your birds will be using there brains and homing instincts and plenty of this type of training will do your birds loads of good

Plus your not putting them under loads of stress rushing them training to get them on the transporter with anything from 1 to 3,000+ pigeons

I have won using this system and I know loads of fanciers winning using this same system mate
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:36 pm

just had our last yb from todays race he was first to the loft last week that's ybs eh ...no losses racing yet but I am not so stupid to count me chickens just yet but its going well up to now and that's all you can ask for I hope other members get their birds back that they are missing ...good luck
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 8:51 pm

had 1 return tea time this bird did not come back till Thursday tea time from the week before so put it back in this weekend, some may think that is a bit harsh but I think its what it needed,wake the bugger up that's what I say ,anyway it had another night out but I will wager it wont do it again,so only 1 missing now lol! cheers Basketball
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Lost about 4 or 5 training or off the doors and 1 this week racing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 10:57 pm

edgie wrote:
had 1 return tea time this bird did not come back till Thursday tea time from the week before so put it back in this weekend, some may think that is a bit harsh but I think its what it needed,wake the bugger up that's what I say ,anyway it had another night out but I will wager it wont do it again,so only 1 missing now lol! cheers Basketball

Hard task man Edgie but cream always rises to the top
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 5:19 am

Don Webb wrote:
Lofty wrote:

Lofty don't take this the wrong way mate but I would race them and what ever is left at the end of the season you can say when you race them next season you have the confidence in your birds knowing they have had plenty of road work on the wing

I agree totally with Don, there is not much point in having untried or part tried pigeons in your loft.

If you KNOW that the y/bs you have are really top notch, than maybe keep them back from the longer races, but in my opinion, young birds need to be pushed a bit.

As Don said - if you don't work them hard, how do you know that what you are keeping back or have at the end of the season is the BEST you could have.

I know there have been losses this year, but show me a year when we don't have losses, especially with young birds.

That is my advice anyway. But you must do what you think is the best.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 6:27 am

peel bros wrote:
Lost about 4 or 5 training or off the doors and 1 this week racing

4 or 5 Smile Smile See the trouble you can get into Ray Wink Wink when they are all bounce bounce bounce ing all round you in the loft etc. For me 2/28   from my race which was a walk in the park scenario from 225 miles, but my toss yesterday Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was a 1/2 bird at a time trick Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  from 75 odd miles into a header with 7 being out on the night for me, with 6 coming through today fortunately, so I suspect I should be able ??? to scrape up a small team Smile Smile for this week end coming Wink Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 6:55 pm

speakin to a club member yesterday and he lost over half his ybs in Saturdays race......think he sent around 40 and got about 15 back..... scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 7:40 pm

guy in our club sent 27 only got 11 ...think a few sick birds were in the baskets at least 4 of the 13 members who sent have sick birds us included not the whole team but about half but they are looking better and very hungry and alert again still on lockdown for a few more days yet though but they turned a corner today
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:23 pm

yes I think your right oldstrain, a lot of sick pigeons are being sent racing, no wonder they don't make it home.

plus they infect other members birds.
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:17 am

it just shows what your up against,some pigeon persons don't learn,it stands to reason if you send birds to race they must be fit and well or you will loose them,and then they blame the pigeon,there is no bad pigeons only bad pigeon fanciers ?. monkey
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:33 am

edgie wrote:
it just shows what your up against,some pigeon persons don't learn,it stands to reason if you send birds to race they must be fit and well or you will loose them,and then they blame the pigeon,there is no bad pigeons only bad pigeon fanciers ?. monkey

yes I agree ...you know the ones as they have the most away or are the ones with the usual high yb losses ....I was chatting with a fancier yesterday who has had pigeons for 40 years he has a yb twisting its neck for over a week and asked me what to do with it and what has it got Rolling Eyes is it any wonder
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 am

is it because fanciers should be more vigilant and keep a closer eye on the pigeons health, droppings etc. and they miss the fact they arnt well....or is it that they don't give a feck and send them anyway...?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 am

In the past if we had any problems we stopped our birds but I know for a fact others do send them..A lot still hide the fact when their birds are ill.they are ashamed or something .I think nowadays we should all help each other and it would be beneficial to us all but it all boils down to fear of getting beat ect ect .it should be like the old days all birds on equal par and the fancier with the best motivation methods ect ect be the ones at the top not the ones who use the best drugs and that
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:45 am

Question Question Question

Last edited by IANYOUNG on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:49 am

in my opinion nothing wrong with using treatments to keep your birds healthy as long as what your using is legal surely this is better for birds and fancier to keep them healthy , anybody who says they dont treat i dont beleive them jmo though

Last edited by IANYOUNG on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:26 am

eamon Kelly was certainly best at what he did eh lol! people do cheat with drugs in pigeons and prop birds up and sell them on and when they go to a new loft they go down ...the beytril and enrofloxacin boys are the worst culprits just to get a result but its all shortlived Rolling Eyes thankfully not all though just a percentage people will always try to cheat where theirs money theirs a con man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birds have you got missing   Birds have you got missing Empty

Back to top Go down

Birds have you got missing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next