Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Vote_lcapPigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Voting_barPigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Vote_lcapPigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Voting_barPigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeon photos..........

Go down 
+8
Rudderfett
peel bros
Rene A
steve1952
Don Webb
Mick B
IANYOUNG
David
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 pm

yes steve he still races, altho not every week.......hes elderly so doesnt fly the full program any more, cant remember what breed they were but i remember him telling me some of them were bought at blackpool many years ago..........i know this years yb team were bred from them then he got rid of the parents. pale

hope he doesnt take a dislike to his wife, or she might end up as ferret food too..... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 am

DAVID wrote:
hi steve, yes the man raced his birds but decided these stock birds were too old as some of them were 9 - 10 years old...........he killed them and they fed the ferrets for the week, he did ask me if i wanted them but i said no....not realising what was going to happen to them or i would have took them to rehome if i had known. Crying or Very sad
you missed out on some good birds David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 pm

steve1952 wrote:
DAVID wrote:
hi steve, yes the man raced his birds but decided these stock birds were too old as some of them were 9 - 10 years old...........he killed them and they fed the ferrets for the week, he did ask me if i wanted them but i said no....not realising what was going to happen to them or i would have took them to rehome if i had known. Crying or Very sad
you missed out on some good birds David

good lookers steve, if they were any good they would still be sat in his stockloft....... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:05 am

You know what they say david your best pigeons are always the ones which are free lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 pm

thing that interests me don is that when i read/hear of pigeons said to be no good either racing or breeding, sometimes this may be the case.......but also sometimes its the fancier whos no good, good birds in the wrong hands are sometimes killed because they havnt had the best brought out of them............ geek
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Mate that is word perfect
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 pm

You know what they say you can buy the pigeon/pigeons but you can't my the fancier
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:27 pm

one of malcolms favourite sayings too don............. lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 am

Never realised that was one of Malcolm's sayings, when racing and fanciers exchaged birds and they never did well with them this was always the saying that was used

Also for fun if certon fanciers won then they would bring a sack of spuds in the club house to say this is what is best for your pigeons all good harmless fun and i must say i miss them days now, the fun, the hyp, and the feeling from the time they enter the race basket to the time they return home
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm

sometimes i wonder if all the good corn we give them and all the exercise and training they gat is really of any benefit to them, i sent a stray 35 miles with my own so it would be in the area from where its from and the first time it took two days to get back to me......the second time it was a miute behind my own, and the third it was among the first 6........beating over half my own birds. scratch
this is especially strange wheen you consider this hen is living in my corn shed on its own, and not getting the pampering my own birds get........... No
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Very Happy I totaly agree with whats said, you can have a loft ful of champions, but if you cant breed like a true fancier in 3 years you will have a loft full of rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Very Happy I also heared a saying a long time ago, from an excellent fancier in our area, he once told me "sonny if you think your pigeons will win with potions and bottles then you have never owned good pigeons, the champions fly and win with no help" I have always remembered this, and Im still looking for that pigeon... lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:01 pm

have heard about fanciers buying top birds in and winning straight away with them, then each year after they do worse and worse till eventually they never win a race.......this must be because the fancier has either no idae of what to pair to what, or that he isnt testing them fully and not breeding from the best. anyone have any other suggestions as to why this would happen....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:47 pm

better medication not knowing what to treat with and notbeing in that click scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:27 pm

also think most fanciers keep far too many birds which are no good, or birds which are desended from winners too far back in their breeding............

someone told me the secret to success is pigeon pie............ lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Yes will agree with you on the click situation Ian
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:39 pm

If you can obtain a stud book 1988 David there is a article on Dave Allen and the first photo is him standing next to a dust bin and holding the lid

Need i say more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon photos..........   Pigeon photos.......... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeon photos..........
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2