Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Vote_lcapWhat times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Voting_barWhat times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Vote_rcap 
David
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Vote_lcapWhat times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Voting_barWhat times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?

Go down 
+5
Don Webb
IANYOUNG
friendsloft
Rene A
David
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Empty
PostSubject: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:01 pm

could anyone give me some idea if im darkening correctly. im opening at 9 am and darkening at 5 pm......this is giving me only 8 hours of daylight which isnt a lot........compared to 13 of darkness.

am i doing this right..........?
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:08 pm

i darken mine from 4 in the afternoon till 9 in the morning thats only 7 hours david this is the times that i was told to do it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:11 pm

thanks rene, was thinking 8 was too short a time of daylight..... scratch didnt like doing it to them as they seemed a bit down this morning when i took covers off, ok when i let them out tho`
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:03 pm

my loft is closed down from 8pm opend up at 12 midday these hours suit me because of work
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 pm

hi ken, so im right in giving them 8 hours day light.....? i know you have said before that fanciers should do it to suit their own times as long as the period of light and dark are the same.........

ken, i feed twice a day so how long before darkening do they need to be fed.....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:34 pm

i lighten up loft at 8am and put shutters on between 4pm and 5pm
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:37 pm

david once they have been out for the excercise period and called in feed them as normal, and if you want to give them a little bit extra say half hour before you close up that will be find, but i just give them their evening meal and thats it
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:37 pm

so minimum of 8 hours.....? do you think 30 mins eather way would make any difference if im home late one day.....?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

friendsloft wrote:
david once they have been out for the excercise period and called in feed them as normal, and if you want to give them a little bit extra say half hour before you close up that will be find, but i just give them their evening meal and thats it
Ken

ken, ive stuck to my same routine of 1/3rd or the rations after morning exercise.....then 2/3rds evening. should i alter it now they are on dark....?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Just up the evening meal abit
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 pm

scratch confused now ken.............ill pm you. Razz scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:53 pm

thanks ken, sorted it out now, i understand........ geek Embarassed lol! will do..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:36 pm

David it is what suits your way of working, i don't think half an hour either way makes much difference
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:53 pm

4.30 to 8.30 in morning
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 pm

stormqueen wrote:
4.30 to 8.30 in morning
so yours is roughly the same as mine then john isnt it.......9 till 5 suits my time available to see to the birds and if im away earlier than 9 the wife will take the covers off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 pm

same here perfect 9-5
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

8am to 4pm 1st day on darkness today
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:57 pm

peel bros wrote:
same here perfect 9-5
excellent ray, getting into the swing of it now......just making sure i feed at least half hour before darkening. Very Happy

they are dropping to bitd already............... lol!
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:01 pm

we were told pick the time that suit;s you.
but then stick to it.
and as to how dark to make the inside of your loft.
one member said it;s got to be pitch black.
then another member said if you can just read a paper that;s dark enough.
WHAT DO OTHER MEMBERS THINK.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 pm

hi john, i prefer to darken so you can read newspaper.........(ish) mine isnt pitch black because like ive been told by members the birds will still need to drink etc, i have a bit of light coming in through the air gap below the roof and im happy with that..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vader
Chipping
Chipping
vader

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm

we open up at 10am & close at 6pm ...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm

vader wrote:

once you start doing it at a certain time, do you have to stick to it.....? or could i change mine to 10 till 6..........instead of 9 till 5.?
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 am

well this year david they are in a new section and cant get it pitch black i could read a newspaper in it once its darkend donw so hope it works will be puting them on sunday
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 pm

hi john, put mine onto it sat evening for the clocks going forward.........mine is dark enough to read a newspaper because i thought if it was pitch black it would compramise the ventilation......

so ill see how they go as its my first time darkening, roughly how long does it take for them to start moulting..........?
Back to top Go down
vader
Chipping
Chipping
vader

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:08 pm

DAVID wrote:
vader wrote:

once you start doing it at a certain time, do you have to stick to it.....? or could i change mine to 10 till 6..........instead of 9 till 5.?

Hi David change time anytime you want, as long as birds get 8hrs daylight,
we sometimes change to 11am to 7pm, but try and feed at the same time if possible ...
cheers Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?   What times do members darken and open their lofts.....? Empty

Back to top Go down

What times do members darken and open their lofts.....?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next