Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
lock up or let out. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
lock up or let out. Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
lock up or let out. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
lock up or let out. Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
lock up or let out. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
lock up or let out. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
lock up or let out. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
lock up or let out. Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
lock up or let out. Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) lock up or let out. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.lock up or let out. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
lock up or let out. Vote_lcaplock up or let out. Voting_barlock up or let out. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
lock up or let out. Vote_lcaplock up or let out. Voting_barlock up or let out. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
lock up or let out. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
lock up or let out. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

lock up or let out.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

lock up or let out. Empty
PostSubject: lock up or let out.   lock up or let out. EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:14 am

I am lucky or daft enough to let my pigeons out all winter, my mate lives down the road from me and keeps his locked up all winter. while watching mine fly and his there seems little difference, If anything his seem to have more zip. Could locked up or let out have anything to do with this you think?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: lock up or let out.   lock up or let out. EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 4:35 pm

most keep them locked down for winter around here due to bop probs...if I could I would have them flying out through the winter ...not really sure it makes that much difference though
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: lock up or let out.   lock up or let out. EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 7:09 pm

If you can keep um flying out and keep the fat off that's what I would do never keep them in
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: lock up or let out.   lock up or let out. EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 1:07 am

markevans wrote:
If you can keep um flying out and keep the fat off that's what I would do never keep them in
I'm a fly them every day type of guy Wink Wink. Even with the virus issue here (experts Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes tell me to lock them up) they are out in all weathers. My local expert Wink Wink & his beauacratic mates here want me to fill out a 15 page questionare on our present prediciment with the virus. I could tell them in less than one page  lol! lol! lol! what my thoughts are  Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: lock up or let out.   lock up or let out. EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 am

I am able to fly my birds out all through the winter - except when the weather is too bad.

The only time we seem to have problems with hawks is in the the months of March and April (sometimes the last 2 weeks of Feb').

Even though our birds did not get fat over the winter, I have noticed a marked difference in their fitness levels. They have started to get fitter over the past two weeks - maybe due to the bit of training we have been giving them. But I really believe, they are getting fitter on their own as well.

All in all - I think if one can let the birds out over the winter, it is better for them.

JMO

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lock up or let out.   lock up or let out. Empty

Back to top Go down

lock up or let out.
Page 1 of 1