Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) The importance of bathing your birds.....? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 121 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 120 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.The importance of bathing your birds.....? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Vote_lcapThe importance of bathing your birds.....? Voting_barThe importance of bathing your birds.....? Vote_rcap 
David
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Vote_lcapThe importance of bathing your birds.....? Voting_barThe importance of bathing your birds.....? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The importance of bathing your birds.....? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

The importance of bathing your birds.....?

Go down 
+2
steve1952
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

The importance of bathing your birds.....? Empty
PostSubject: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:17 pm

how important do members think regular baths are to our pigeons......? and how many baths a week do you give them scratch
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 pm

1 a week winter, 2 in summer sometimes 3 hot weather with muscle relaxer
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:30 pm

hi steve, warm water or cold, and do you think it makes any difference which..........?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:37 pm

cold water but in winter some hot water added
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm

do you think the warm water would relax them more, or also tighten the feathers better etc.....?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm

hi david , putting warm water in the bath just soaks in there feathers quicker
as i dont have mine in the garden it as to be cold water for me with lots of malt vinegar
and table salt in the water keeps the lice at bay and realy tightens them up and it cheap .
cheers kev .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:27 pm

hi kev, how you doing........ Very Happy thats the kind of tips i like to hear, sounds about right re the lice etc shall give it a go as i like the sounds of it tightening the feathers......ill try it sunday and let you know............. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:33 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi kev, how you doing........ Very Happy thats the kind of tips i like to hear, sounds about right re the lice etc shall give it a go as i like the sounds of it tightening the feathers......ill try it sunday and let you know............. Very Happy
hi david , im not to bad mate that tip i got was from mike staddon from the BHW
afew years ago and it does realy work and if the birds drink it no harm done but use it every time you bath
the birds you will see the differance in a few weeks .
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 pm

as i dont have mine in the garden it as to be cold water for me with lots of malt vinegar
and table salt in the water keeps the lice at bay and realy tightens them up and it cheap .
cheers kev .[/quote]

how much of each thing do you put in kev ??
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Rene A wrote:
cheers kev .

how much of each thing do you put in kev ??[/quote]as much as you want rene A , a good hand full of salt
and about a couple of inches of vinegar as it,s cheap it does not realy matter how quick it goes the wife goes
to the supper market every week .
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:10 pm

lol thanks for that mate il giv it a go
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Rene A wrote:
yes so will i rene/kev, tight silky feathers is what im after to hopefully repel rain et........always noticed when birds are fit/in condition how silky and tight they look. Very Happy

is this once a week kev.....?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:20 pm

DAVID wrote:
Rene A wrote:
yes so will i rene/kev, tight silky feathers is what im after to hopefully repel rain et........always noticed when birds are fit/in condition how silky and tight they look. Very Happy

is this once a week kev.....?
yes david , as many times as you like .
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Very Happy I didnt realize the importance of baths, especially for the young birds until last year, I have a friend he bred slightly later than me a few weeks, yet his birds were always in better fetle than mine and turned out in the races in much better condition. The birds had advanced in the moult like darkness youngsters and looked like a yearling. When racing came he had a better turned out team and had a good season, he bathed his birds every other day up until training then 1/2 a week. Mine had 1/3 a week yet it made a difference, I think baths are esential to a pigeons well being.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Kev shall write this bit of information in my folder as this was good to keep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Always gave youngbirds a bath 2 to 3 times a week this helped relax them and if the weather was hot then have let the birds bath about 2 hours before basketing, doing this the birds put all there feathers straight better then you can as they will prun thereself till every feather is correctly positioned

Started doing this after i was told this by Taffy Bowen when i was his steward at the old commarades show when it was held at the nec
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Will say always bath my widowhood cocks by hand after the race and after the hens had been removed this helped relax the cocks and the water was always warm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The importance of bathing your birds.....?   The importance of bathing your birds.....? Empty

Back to top Go down

The importance of bathing your birds.....?
Page 1 of 1