Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:26 am

» Good Morning
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:25 am

» RPRA Partnerships
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 65 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Vote_lcapThe REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Voting_barThe REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222797 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Vote_lcapThe REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Voting_barThe REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races

Go down 
+3
oldstrain
jet2013uk
blueskylofts
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Empty
PostSubject: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

We have 16 people on the 'One Loft' syndicate so far. I am trusting we might get a couple more- but ....

If we want to enter 2 birds to the RPRA One Loft, and two to another race like the one in the top part of France run by two English people who at least I know a bit about, or one of the Irish races, it is going to cost around £600.00 plus a bit for transport.

A breakdown of the cost would be:-

RPRA One Loft race - at the moment they are charging £110.00 per bird (I don't know if there are any extras on top of that because I wasn't involved with the syndicate at the beginning of this year). So, total £220.00 minimum, plus maybe a bit for transport.

French Young Bird Derby - £60.00 per bird perch fee, then if your young bird makes it all the way through to the first Hot Spot and you want to carry on, you have to pay a further £100.00 per bird. Making a total of £160.00 pr bird x 2 = £320.00.

If you divide £600.00 by 16 people, you get a total of £37.50 per person, plus a little bit for transportation.

Therefore, I think a round figure of £40.00 per person should cover it, courier fees included.

We need to know your decision asap.

Obviously if you only want to put a couple of birds into the RPRA race, the cost per person per head is going to be a lot cheaper. However, if all members only want to send to the RPRA one loft, then I am not the man for the job!

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 am

I have never entered a one loft race before so I don't know much about them but if it's going to cost £40 Then let me know where to send it up to you guys who's done this before You will know more about what to send and where to send
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 am

for me the european one lofts ie French one is too expensive for us as its £320 plus courier fees of at least another £100 it would be interesting but we don't have the funds that could be 4 entries in a uk one loft...we need some value for our budget ...I honestly don't think a one loft abroad is affordable for us phil its certainly not value compaired to uk one lofts its an extra £100 per bird with courier fee whether they pick up or not its going to be at least £100 courier fee we could have another 2 entries for that price in the uk or eire
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 am

oldstrain wrote:
for me the european one lofts ie French one is too expensive for us as its £320 plus courier fees of at least another £100 it would be interesting but we don't have the funds that could be 4 entries in a uk one loft...we need some value for our budget ...I honestly don't think a one loft abroad is affordable for us phil its certainly not value compaired to uk one lofts its an extra £100 per bird with courier fee whether they pick up or not its going to be at least £100 courier fee we could have another 2 entries for that price in the uk or eire

How is it an extra £100 per bird to send birds to frogland? It's £50 more per bird - but the prizes are much bigger.

Also what makes you think the transport will be another £100 - As far as I know the courier costs are the same as Walkers, because they do it.

I am looking into races from Ireland right now - if you know any more please let me know.

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 1:09 pm

by what I`ve read on the website, the prizes arnt much bigger than the rpra, they base the final race upon having 600 birds and the 1st prize is £30,000 compared to £25,000 with the rpra......2nd prize in the French one loft is £8,00 compared to £12,000 at the rpra as far as I know.

the prize money goes down to £25,000 and £7,000 or £20,000 and £5,000, dependant on birds entered with the French open, so all in all the prize monies are around the same, so it mainly comes down to cost of entry and courier charges to which ever we go with.....walkers do a European delivery service, but it will very much likely be more expensive than uk deliveries, how much I do not know because they say contact us for a quote.....
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 pm

So why don't we stick to the RPRA It makes sense to me But that's only me And like you say the cost would come down a bit for people £25 for a bit of fun It's worth it..Maybe next year we could consider sending to another one when we have more information on everything But that's only me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 pm

David wrote:
by what I`ve read on the website, the prizes arnt much bigger than the rpra, they base the final race upon having 600 birds and the 1st prize is £30,000 compared to £25,000 with the rpra......2nd prize in the French one loft is £8,00 compared to £12,000 at the rpra as far as I know.

the prize money goes down to £25,000 and £7,000 or £20,000 and £5,000, dependant on birds entered with the French open, so all in all the prize monies are around the same, so it mainly comes down to cost of entry and courier charges to which ever we go with.....walkers do a European delivery service, but it will very much likely be more expensive than uk deliveries, how much I do not know because they say contact us for a quote.....

OK David, forget about the French Young bird derby. If you don't feel it's worth it.

What about Ireland?

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 2:13 pm

possibly phil, I know nothing about it, but I dare say I will find out.....if we could get some ideas and thoughts from others in the syndicate it would be helpful, i assume most one lofts are very similar apart from the million dollar one obviously.......but just going back to the French one loft i see he races the birds along with his local club and fed, which is different to the rpra, is this a good thing, i don't know.... and also the ace bird wins £2,000 apposed to a car from the rpra.

so i suppose its give and take in a lot of them, the prizes usually even out, what may be a good 1st prize in one, may give rubbish 2nd and 3rd prizes or no car type of thing, swings and roundabouts i reckon.

a minefield if not scrutinised properly.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 pm

David wrote:
possibly phil, I know nothing about it, but I dare say I will find out.....if we could get some ideas and thoughts from others in the syndicate it would be helpful, i assume most one lofts are very similar apart from the million dollar one obviously.......but just going back to the French one loft i see he races the birds along with his local club and fed, which is different to the rpra, is this a good thing, i don't know.... and also the ace bird wins £2,000 apposed to a car from the rpra.

so i suppose its give and take in a lot of them, the prizes usually even out, what may be a good 1st prize in one, may give rubbish 2nd and 3rd prizes or no car type of thing, swings and roundabouts i reckon.

a minefield if not scrutinised properly.

OK - lets forget about the french race and try and find out about other races and we could do.

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

How is it an extra £100 per bird to send birds to frogland?  It's £50 more per bird - but the prizes are much bigger.

Also what makes you think the transport will be another £100  -  As far as I know the courier costs are the same as Walkers, because they do it.

I am looking into races from Ireland right now - if you know any more please let me know.

Phil

£100 courier fee and an extra £50 per bird to enter
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

How do you know these prices Darren?

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 pm

is the irish one loft, the emerald classic one loft race...?

http://www.emeraldclassic.co.uk/index1.htm
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 pm

£50 to courier each bird and and £320 to enter 2 birds if they make it =£420 double bubble to the rpra one loft we could have 4 in it as oppose to 2 in france it just does not seem like good value to me ,do you think the maths is wrong phil ? maybe I have missed something
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 5:04 pm

oldstrain wrote:
£50 to courier each bird and and £320 to enter 2 birds if they make it =£420 double bubble to the rpra one loft we could have 4 in it as oppose to 2 in france it just does not seem like good value to me ,do you think the maths is wrong phil ? maybe I have missed something

OK OK - lets just forget about the french race. I have NO reason to send birds there anyway.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

OK OK - lets just forget about the french race. I have NO reason to send birds there anyway.

Phil
At last Smile Smile OK last  year here I suspect, so why not the same etc. Think  Kiss lol! lol! lol! take the stress factor away Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 am

Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Phil
At last Smile Smile OK last  year here I suspect, so why not the same etc. Think  Kiss lol! lol! lol! take the stress factor away Wink Wink.

Yes and take all the excitement away from doing something new at another one loft!

If we are only going to do the RPRA one loft race - Count me OUT!

Phil
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 am

Yes and take all the excitement away from doing something new at another one loft!

Phil[/quote]

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Knackered wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Phil

Phil
Disappointing to hear that Phil Smile Smile Some down here thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would call that "Spitting the dummy" Big time lol! lol! lol!. On a more serious note as such  bounce bounce I for one  hope you reconsider etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 am

Yes come on guys all pull in the one direction and make this thing happen cheers
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm

I agree with cowandchicken It's all for a bit of fun UK Ireland or France does it really matter As long as we all agree let's get on with it It's in today's British homing world All the rules All the prizes And how to send a pigeon
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 pm

cowandchicken wrote:

Phil

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep lol! lol! lol! [/quote]

Well that is very adult language, I must say!

Phil
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm

You need to chill out mate. Your bouncing all over the forum barking orders and when you don't get it your way you spit your dummy.
It was never going to be easy with so many opinions but give the grown ups a chance to sort things and when they have I am sure they will have time to play with you too.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 pm

cowandchicken wrote:
You need to chill out mate. Your bouncing all over the forum barking orders and when you don't get it your way you spit your dummy.
It was never going to be easy with so many opinions but give the grown ups a chance to sort things and when they have I am sure they will have time to play with you too.

I don't know who the hell you think you are but you are not going to speak to me like that and get away with it.  What have you done towards organising something for the one loft races?

Firstly, I am not barking orders at anybody, I am trying to organise things, because most people just sit on their arses and do nothing.

I was trying to get people motivated and to try and get something done, and if that's called spitting the dummy when people criticise or don't like what you say then so be it.

So I'll tell you what I am going to do, I am going to leave it all to you lot to do whatever you want to do and I don't want to have anything else to do with it, thank you.  We have much more important things in our lives at the moment.  Basically we have pigeons stuck in training crates, we are basically homeless because the solicitors won't pull their fingers out, and every time I say something on the forum or try to come up with suggestions, somebody criticises, so we will see how you get on without my help.  Sod the lot of you.

Phil
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Wow mate you've not only spat the dummy you've upended the whole pram!
Come on mate stick with it for the sake of the other members. You've got your ballot paper posted now so things are moving forward.
Things may not be Rosie on the home front but like the Army taught me its character building.cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races   The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races Empty

Back to top Go down

The REAL cost of sending 4 birds to One Loft races
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next