Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
weaning ybs over Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
weaning ybs over Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
weaning ybs over Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
weaning ybs over Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
weaning ybs over Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
weaning ybs over Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
weaning ybs over Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
weaning ybs over Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
weaning ybs over Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) weaning ybs over 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.weaning ybs over Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
weaning ybs over Vote_lcapweaning ybs over Voting_barweaning ybs over Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
weaning ybs over Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
weaning ybs over Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

weaning ybs over

Go down 
+4
barnie
David
morb
oldstrain
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 4:29 pm

yes will be weaning ybs over through next week theirs 20 to move over various days through the week and all pairs have gone down again this last week so right in the thick of breeding at present ...the 2 one loft babies are amongst the 20 also a kit of 6 of those will be heading to the north east ...hows other members getting along
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 5:18 pm

paired my birds later than usual, was too cold and i was too lazy lol so i'm just getting my first round of eggs here
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 5:34 pm

glad to hear breedings gone well Darren, ive 21 ybs now, so I think that's more or less my team for this season, I don't really want any more unless its off the rpra bird.

when will you be sending the mnfc young birds...?
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm

David wrote:
glad to hear breedings gone well Darren, ive 21 ybs now, so I think that's more or less my team for this season, I don't really want any more unless its off the rpra bird.

Are they all from your van reets David?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 6:14 pm

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

Are they all from your van reets David?

hi colin, 16 are van reets, 2 janssens, 1 lefebre dhaenen and 2 soontjen x jan ardens ....... Razz Razz Razz Suspect lol! flower
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 pm

David wrote:

about 17 days time david ...the ybs have to be at least 35 days old theirs 10 to select from around that age that i would consider but the pair i had earmarked are coming along nicely ...i can get some pics tomorrow of a few nests if you would kindly put them on the forum for me...glad to hear your breedings going well david and excellent news to hear you will be racing a few ybs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 pm

yes send the pics Darren, and I`ll post them on for the rest of the members to see........ cheers

yes plans are under way to race a few ybs this season, I did originally plan on a team of around 30 - 35, but having re-assessed the situation have decided on a smaller team of around 21 , rather than keep introducing younger birds all the time, plus I prefer to try less ybs after not racing for quite a few years, ease my self into it.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:33 am

I weaned some today. Let the other older young birds out. 2nd time. Nice day. So assumed they would be up and rambling. I did not want that yet. Too strong on the wing. So fed them first. They went out did a turn or two and back in. 1 missing. Full crop or half full, limits their desire to fly for hours some what.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 am

morb wrote:
paired my birds later than usual, was too cold and i was too lazy lol so i'm just getting my first round of eggs here
Understand your predicament Morb Wink Wink. Rings come out here on the 1st of July each year & you always have those chanting at the bit to get them early etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Many don't mate thou till late September or later on as such & at the end of the day it makes very little difference on average bounce bounce except with ones feed bill Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 am

halcanada wrote:
I weaned some today. Let the other older young birds out. 2nd time. Nice day. So assumed they would be up and rambling. I did not want that yet. Too strong on the wing. So fed them first. They went out did a turn or two and back in. 1 missing. Full crop or half full, limits their desire to fly for hours some what.
Evening Hal Smile Smile Morb Wink Wink Have some bad, bad bush fires raging here at the moment down near the west coast etc. Dairy/potato, horse racing type country. Close family involved, so believe it or not Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink I'm preying for rain there in a big, big way as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:47 am

TMak as not even paired up yet. Alberta. yet he holds his own in any race, old or young. Karl Frank also in Alberta mated same time as I. I doubt if it really matters tht much. No more winter breeding for me. Too much hassle with the weather..
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 12:51 am

Knackeroo. Hope to hell you get rain! had firs out West last yaear that were devastating. Then California got them the heavy rain cause mudslides etc,. One cannot control the climate.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:04 am

halcanada wrote:
Knackeroo. Hope to hell you get rain! had firs out West last yaear that were devastating. Then California got them the heavy rain cause mudslides etc,. One cannot control the climate.
True Wink Wink absolute beast etc Hal Smile Smile I suggest when it wakes up in a grumpy type mood. Man things can make the bristles on the back of ones neck stand out I've found Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes at times, but being caught in a raging bush fire with no way out, would be right up there for a bad case type scenario  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:25 am

Have to assume they were prepared? But maybe not. Fires start and spread quite fast. Live stock usually suffers.
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:31 am

Knackered wrote:
halcanada wrote:
Evening Hal Smile Smile Morb Wink Wink Have some bad, bad bush fires raging here at the moment down near the west coast etc. Dairy/potato, horse racing type country. Close family involved, so believe it or not Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink I'm preying for rain there in a big, big way as such Smile Smile. cheers

hope you get rain soon, wildfires are the worst
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 am

halcanada wrote:
TMak as not even paired up yet. Alberta. yet he holds his own in any race, old or young. Karl Frank also in Alberta mated same time as I. I doubt if it really matters tht much. No more winter breeding for me. Too much hassle with the weather..

reason i start early is to send to one loft races otherwise i wouldn't bother with winter breeding either, it is a real pain the arse for sure
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 1:46 am

Morb agree. Last time for me but thought over the years keeps the interest high. But no more. Passion for racing is waning. Been there done that. Goal now is to do better with less. I have a couple of stock birds that raced and bred good young for me. However, have to cull them. For me the hardest part is culling.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 am

Weather here was better for the people who want to breed early,sprint fliers,so now they have
youngbirds that are batching but they can't get them out for the weather.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 8:23 am

morb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
halcanada wrote:

hope you get rain soon, wildfires are the worst
Would help in a big way Morb Smile Smile bush fires continue here thou, but the wind has changed for the better etc & the strange thing is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes up in the north west here today we now have dust storms blowing half the state away over the border. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 am

hope things improve over there oz and you get a good downpour ...fieldwalker ,regards early breeding yer right weather is usually better December/jan last few years than feb.......right, back to the loft to do some pics Basketball
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Long walk to the loft os....still waiting of pics lol! lol! lol!
Dunno why im laughing i dont know how to upload Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Makes me feel a little down reading all your experiences when not so long ago I would now be looking out at the snow covered loft to see which young ones would be next to come out, with open loft the pigeons know when etc;

My best advice is to enjoy the sport to the full because one day ????.

May all those that hatch be champions.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 2:31 pm

fieldwalker wrote:

done and dusted fw sent them to our david to upload as I don't have a clue jocolor
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 7:16 pm

oldstrain wrote:
fieldwalker wrote:

done and dusted fw sent them to our david to upload as I don't have a clue jocolor

took a peek lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
fieldwalker wrote:

took a peek lol!

that was last years babies just weaned over m8 these are still in the nest 4/5 days yet to weaning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weaning ybs over Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over Empty

Back to top Go down

weaning ybs over
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next