Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
eggs are coming Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
eggs are coming Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
eggs are coming Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
eggs are coming Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
eggs are coming Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
eggs are coming Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
eggs are coming Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
eggs are coming Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
eggs are coming Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eggs are coming 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 81 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 81 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eggs are coming Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
eggs are coming Vote_lcapeggs are coming Voting_bareggs are coming Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eggs are coming Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eggs are coming Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eggs are coming

Go down 
+2
Knackered
morb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 am

got 4 out eight pairs setting eggs now, first hatch due march 30. i had 9 pairs but split one up cause turned out to be 2 hens lol
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am

morb wrote:
got 4 out eight pairs setting eggs now, first hatch due march 30. i had 9 pairs but split one up cause turned out to be 2 hens lol
lol! lol! lol! 2 hens mating Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Not a problem Morb Wink Wink a lot of that type of thing going on these days etc bounce bounce Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 3:10 am

yep it's a crazy world
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 3:15 am

morb wrote:
yep it's a crazy world
True Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The days of the old Crocodile Dundee types etc  bounce  bounce are disappearing unfortunately I suggest Morb Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 6:07 am

No wonder they can't populate the country....G'day flower flower lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am

fieldwalker wrote:
No wonder they can't populate the country....G'day flower flower lol! lol! lol! lol!
G'day/evening to you too FW  Smile  Smile . Maybe not quite true FW Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in what you suggest. Always will have the stud bull type scenario etc bounce bounce Smile Smile I suspect. cheers
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm

things seem to be moving along nicely morb ...good luck with the hatch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 pm

good luck with the breeding morb ...... Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 12:49 am

thanks guys.
i have an issue that i have never come across before. when i pair birds up, i put the cocks that i want to breed from in the breeding loft and let them pick their nest box. once they are settled down they get locked up in the their box, then i will put a hen that i want to breed from and let the appropriate cock out of his box to swoon the hen and lock them both in the nest box. i repeat this procedure till they are all paired the way i want them. about 5 days or so after they are setting i open the box to let them come and go.
now the issue. i have a 2 year old pair on eggs that have been setting for 8 days, anytime i go into the loft they leave the nest bowl and wont set the eggs till i leave. i have tried to let them out but when i do they both leave the nest which isn't totally unusual as they will go back after a short time but not these 2. the cock won't defend the nest from an intruder they both just don't seem to care about the nest.

i think i know what i'm going to do with this pair but just wanted see what y'all think about this
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 12:59 am

Do not know the problem. I put the best cocks in the stock loft with the best hens. They pick their own mates. Most of the time works out fine. The birds seem to have an instinct. I assume by pedigree or other means you wanted this pair together?
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 1:06 am

halcanada wrote:
Do not know the problem. I put the best cocks in the stock loft with the best hens. They pick their own mates. Most of the time works out fine. The birds seem to have an instinct. I assume by pedigree or other means you wanted this pair together?

when i pair up i look at pedigrees and how they preform and such and try to put best to best. this particular pair were given to me by a friend, their parents did quite well in one lofters. i'm thinking if the cock won't even protect his nest he has no place in the breeding loft.

that cock bird in the pics i posted in the nestbox thread thinks he owns the whole loft, i have high hopes for that pair
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 1:24 am

Could not find the pic. However if you have a cock who thinks he is king of the castle then my money would be on him. He has the right attitude. He passes that on then his young should dominate. Attitude and wants to be the best. First home etc,. Sounds simplistic but he would not be in your stock loft if he was a dummy.
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 1:29 am

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 1:57 am

Goldmine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eggs are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: eggs are coming   eggs are coming Empty

Back to top Go down

eggs are coming
Page 1 of 1