Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) The eyes, are watching etc !!!. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Vote_lcapThe eyes, are watching etc !!!. Voting_barThe eyes, are watching etc !!!. Vote_rcap 
David
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Vote_lcapThe eyes, are watching etc !!!. Voting_barThe eyes, are watching etc !!!. Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

The eyes, are watching etc !!!.

Go down 
+4
David
MISTY
oldstrain
Knackered
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Empty
PostSubject: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:16 am

Will have to be a wee bit more careful here Wink Wink I suggest "the eyes are watching etc" Smile Smile. Down the centre last night bounce bounce & one of the blokes there, was talking about certain information off this site as such lol! lol! lol! by guess who Smile Smile. Said nothing Wink Wink at the time, but thought a lot thou lol! lol! lol! I must confess Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 7:58 am

lol! lol! lol! one of those silent visitors eh oz
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 8:59 am

As long as you get em thinking and involved some bright ideas may emerge.

Do not worry there will be many just visiting the site to see if they are being exposed for what they are.

There is many a sweet smile that exposes false teeth.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 9:17 am

oldstrain wrote:
lol! lol! lol! one of those silent visitors eh oz
True Smile Smile. Never quite know  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes I suggest O/S here Wink Wink who may be just lurking behind the scenes as such lol! lol! lol!. May just have to go easy on the chook farmer types I mention Smile Smile & my favourite Vet bounce bounce who just happened by chance Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad to put less birds in our coming race I hear this weekend Wink Wink than I did & he only, only  Smile  Smile  bred 6/800 more odd birds than I did last year etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 11:52 am

the forum could be made private if members wanted...........only registered members who are logged in could read the posts Question Question Suspect Suspect study jocolor
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Why worry about interlopers David?

As long as post are true and for the betterment of the sport the more people who consider them the better.

It is the back biters who hide behind pet names that are the real problem.

It would be better if actual members put a little more output into the site.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Look and read then join or not. No matter. Perhaps better that way. Open loft, natural. Many agree, some disagree. Love of home will get your bird flying back. But with a little motivation, drugs or widowhood, or similar, they will fly back faster.
All a matter of choice.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Yes make private. I was against this at first but how many come for a look stay on and contribute? .not many at all .if they want to be nosy well join in and talk to us
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Not sure how many belong here. Not many new folks post though. Private may be better?
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:06 pm

I think, believe, that any one should be able to look in, whether to have a say or not. It should, obviously, be a site where, and which, one and all can enjoy. I further feel that these such sites are, and should be a place where one can talk, discuss, have thoughts and share views. Taking on board that there will be thoughts and opinions we may not like, or understand, let alone believe. However, having said that, this is, and should be paramount why fanciers can just look in or voice an opinion. We after all, all of us, hope that any and everyone hope that there is a learning curb, for old stagers and newcomers alike. I believe it would be discourteous to restrict such happening... Of course not withstand sensible and good behaviour.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Yes putting it like that your right.i suppose even if the odd person joins by just looking in its a bonus
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 5:04 pm

thing is daz some of the visitors are not being courteous by not joining in and just taking information ,I think a private site may well attract proper members,thats my take on it anyway
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm

I belong to te Alberta Classic site. Have to be a member to post. Just looked in after quite a while. Nice site but very quiet nowadays. Skyleader tracking bands were mentioned plus some folks experience with them. Interesting indeed!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 pm

If it was made members only it would indicate just how many members are amongst the guests.

There appears at face value very few members who either contribute or actually visit the site.

If you have all of the same opinions and no discussions it is a little pointless.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Daz wrote:
I think, believe, that any one should be able to look in, whether to have a say or not. It should, obviously, be a site where, and which, one and all can enjoy. I further feel that these such sites are, and should be a place where one can talk, discuss, have thoughts and share views. Taking on board that there will be thoughts and opinions we may not like, or understand, let alone believe. However, having said that, this is, and should be paramount why fanciers can just look in or voice an opinion. We after all, all of us, hope that any and everyone hope that there is a learning curb, for old stagers and newcomers alike. I believe it would be discourteous to restrict such happening... Of course not withstand sensible and  good behaviour.
I fully agree Daz Wink Wink. Not interested in a select type boys club etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Some want to look & watch as such & say nothing bounce bounce so be it Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 am

I believe the simply realism is 'Private' means just that!
In these days when the so - called sport is struggling big time to attract, gain new members, the last thing in any shape or form is to put blockers saying 'Sorry you are not wanted'.
Ok we may get some undesirables - me included lol - but that goes with every walk of life. Sports, religions, chess clubs, Knitting classes etc. etc. A light price to pay, even if it was as bad a one in three were a bit iffy. These is what all society contend with. We can't afford to be choosey! Days gone by was the same when there was over 140.000 members. Competition tremendous... and so called undesirables paid their dues and in some, even in many ways were a help, a boon maybe.
Remember … In days long ago when I was a manger at Tesco's, a person high up the ladder told me ' We spend 4 millions in a …. on market research! Yet a so -called complete idiot could walk in here and say 'Why don't you do such and such or so and so and we would think if honest, what a great idea is that … and pinch the idea for ourselves'. True to which I replied 'You can always do with out Tom, dick or Harry, but how much better can we do with them'!
Had 100's of heated debates... lost few friends, definitely none worth keeping that's for sure as Hal may well recall.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am

as I posted on the Syndicate forum 'True Misty, and some great memories. Highs and lows Misty, by and large very few I would discard. Which brings me back to another answer I will post on 'Eyes and Watching'.
Here it is. I like Misty and many others had, and to some extent in a small way still having a great journey. One that I would wish for any other, regardless of age, sex, or race etc. etc.

So would I, could I, can I really inject any stumbling block for any newbie? Of course not. Many will come and go, and we, I, can certainly not be give a helping hand or free advice WHICH we ALL on here Has been given and appreciated over the years.
Private... well sorry, but not wishing to offend, I find that notion offence, fooling and having no place in any sport or society. Give the dog a chance, it may catch Sunday's dinner. J.M.O.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 11:33 am

David wrote:
the forum could be made private if members wanted...........only registered members who are logged in could read the posts Question Question Suspect Suspect study jocolor
private for me, don't see any reason to perv and not contribute Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 8:42 pm

redrog,
I can understand feeling like, why should a person just take advantage and not contribute.

There is also another way of looking at it, if you can help anyone by any means, in my opinion, one should use it.

My concern was the number of regular visitors who obviously are keen to have a peep on a regular basis but do not join, WHy?.

The numbers indicate it is the same people having a peep on a regular basis.

There is one site that allows a person to be mentioned but not allow a reply, that is wrong not allowing membership

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 8:49 am

an open forum is not attracting new members at all which is the true fact and I respect redrog opinion and fully understand where he is coming from ,I like to and do help fellow fanciers who are genuine and well mannered whether its on here or in my area and beyond ,keeping an open forum is doing nothing for those who post here ,don't bother me one bit I still enjoy the topics and try to help where I can
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 am

Do we judge the book… No! Writings maybe later.

Youngsters today, and some opiniated older folks, tend to try and make an impression first off. To embellish their colours so to speak. Often, too often this is way out, or in some cases tend to be offensive. However more often than not a very large %cent toe the line quickly and become more than acceptable. In deed I'd wager that very many good and decent friendships have gotten off on the wrong foot. Again often have been the first to lend a helping hand!

Now - sadly - many just do look in and hardly - if ever voice an opinion.
This is I'm in some ways because they have been shot down / ridiculed some times. Once bitten twice shy so to speak. The likes of me - I've had many debated and insulted goes at me lol. Being thick skinned and ignorant meant I rose above it, didn't understand it, or it went over my head lol. But on the other hand I've had very many of these so - called person looking in, send me a Pm. stating their voice t me and a understanding. Indeed I still converse with many that still don't - won't go on as a name.

You know, I respect redrog views and completely understand.
However, I would venture, truth be known, if after an offensive reply or two, if later that same person wanted / needed a favour or advice he would mutter maybe a bit but put his hand out. That is one thing MOST fanciers in this sport are renowned for. THAT make me proud. That helps me to rise above the not so nice/ selfish and greedy brigade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The eyes, are watching etc !!!.   The eyes, are watching etc !!!. Empty

Back to top Go down

The eyes, are watching etc !!!.
Page 1 of 1