Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Price of pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Price of pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Price of pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Price of pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Price of pigeons Vote_lcapPrice of pigeons Voting_barPrice of pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Price of pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Price of pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Price of pigeons

Go down 
+3
fieldwalker
David
chuda
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Gaby Vandenabeele is having a clearance sale lot 1 is doing 166000 euros and that's just over 1 day of bidding, whats the members thought on an average price for a pigeon?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 6:59 pm

most ive ever paid for a pigeon is £100, think I bought 4 for that price......I cant really justify spending any more.

also I think £30 is more than enough to pay for a yb to race, any more and its just a waste of money as it can quite easily be lost.....just my opinion anyway
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Some mad prices but if thats what they want to pay let them get on with it.
I think not more than £50 to race and whatever you think its worth for stock study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:22 pm

seen some in breeder buyers paying 50 - 60 quid, madness.........probably get lost before racing starts lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Aye,but depends on how much money is to be flown for in the race....
I wouldn't want to pay more than £50 and I wouldn't want to buy too many of my own back at that price. study
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:45 pm

You can have all mine for £50
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:46 pm

The price of a pigeon should be what it is worth to you and not what someone else values it at.

In the long run many fanciers have their best pigeons originating from local fanciers as gifts or swaps etc;

I have bought pigeons from £15.00 with pedigrees to match others sold for thousands, but it depends who is selling, and they have produced winners for me and others, it is not the price paid but the pedigree of the fancier selling.

The most I ever paid was £100 for a daughter of Iron Queen, I decided the price by offering that amount, it was owned by a stud that was Jannsen based but he had sold all his best pigeon to foreighners and I told him I would not have given what he had left, and a friend and I had driven a round trip from Scarborough to Dover.

If I was to start again it would be with several pairs of well bred young birds, flying out and tested on the road and the best would be the future stock birds, their health would have been tested and their ability to perform in the area they were expected to perform.

No one buying old birds today can possibly know if they are propped up with all kinds of medication etc;

But it is individual fanciers money and a fool is soon parted wioth it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Was told years ago that a weeks wages for a good stock bird was a decent yardstick. I know it depends on the individuals wages, so not much good if you're on a criminal zero hours contract. At the end of the day how much can you afford to loose or gamble on a stock pigeon? For a YB to race £35 tops in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 pm

IRON LADY.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 4:53 am

MISTY wrote:
The price of a pigeon should be what it is worth to you and not what someone else values it at.

In the long run many fanciers have their best pigeons originating from local fanciers as gifts or swaps etc;

I have bought pigeons from £15.00 with pedigrees to match others sold for thousands, but it depends who is selling, and they have produced winners for me and others, it is not the price paid but the pedigree of the fancier selling.

The most I ever paid was £100 for a daughter of Iron Queen, I decided the price by offering that amount, it was owned by a stud that was Jannsen based but he had sold all his best pigeon to foreighners and I told him I would not have given what he had left, and a friend and I had driven a round trip from Scarborough to Dover.

If I was to start again it would be with several pairs of well bred young birds, flying out and tested on the road and the best would be the future stock birds, their health would have been tested and their ability to perform in the area they were expected to perform.

No one buying old birds today can possibly know if they are propped up with all kinds of medication etc;

But it is individual fanciers money and a fool is soon parted wioth it.

Regards.  

Who had a Janssen stud at Dover? I can only think of one,Alan Hunisett,I bought the "Bange " line from him in 1982 (just a boy then Very Happy )
£40 each which wasn't cheap then bred over a hundred club possitions but not many of them 1sts,bad trappers...no,worse than that..#$@%&$%# bad trappers study
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 am

Yes, cannot remember the date of our visit but it was shortly after he sold most of his pigeons I believe most abroad.

We had a meal with him, provided by who I assume was his wife and handled nearly every pigeon left in the loft.

There was none that suited me.

The one I bought must have been a swap or gift bird as it was a Sticleback (spelling no doubt wrong) and not Janssen.

May sound daft but I never bred from it and gave it to a friend , Brian Rhodes.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 11:50 am

Was if memory serves me right late 50's, I was about 11 or 12 when my brother and I went to London … made a day of it and went later - after the pigeon sale - to see Arsenal.

Was for the King Brothers.
I decided to pick 'Starlight' out of the pen and handle her. Gosh! I was very quickly surrounded by many Fanciers. The sister was Starlight if I remember good, but related.

Louella paid £625 for her. A world record price then, and has done a few times more.£425 FOR starlight and many others fetched good prices. Many well bred top birds also went to Louella.
Don't know what prices he sold the off springs etc. for.
But he did buy the crème de crème and sold at what he called 'Working men's' prices.
Many, very many started a good loft with his sales.
Mark Gilbert did, and also still does. He told us he took droppings out  of his Fathers loft where he flew with and placed and left in the new lofts built.
Bought Double grand children of 'Spirit' Smard 1 and 2. etc. three years late won International from Pau. Seen as many others may have that the winning bird of his were 'El Packer, and this and that. Not true.
Frankie George in the Mid 50's was sending train loads of pigeons to China. You would see the stacked basket loads on the Wellingborough Station.
Just after Starlight Frankie George bought Morning Cloud for a world record of £700 I believe that was the price. But was a world record sum then.
He not long
He still apparently buys in from Louella's sales.
Louella states that any and all pigeons sold will spout by who. Often after the highest bid, and all in room / phone has been entered they say Sold 'Mark Gilbert'!
Sold one thing always rings true. A percentage of winning is also down to the fancier"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Price of pigeons
Page 1 of 1