Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Price of pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:04 pm

» Weather today
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Today at 11:40 am

» APHA Forms .......
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Today at 11:38 am

» Good Morning
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Today at 11:36 am

» come join us
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Price of pigeons Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Price of pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Price of pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Price of pigeons Vote_lcapPrice of pigeons Voting_barPrice of pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222862 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Price of pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Price of pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Price of pigeons

Go down 
+4
David
fieldwalker
Knackered
chuda
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chuda
Chipping
Chipping
chuda

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Gaby Vandenabeele is having a clearance sale lot 1 is doing 166000 euros and that's just over 1 day of bidding, whats the members thought on an average price for a pigeon?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:19 pm

chuda wrote:
Gaby Vandenabeele is having a clearance sale lot 1 is doing 166000 euros and that's just over 1 day of bidding, whats the members thought on an average price for a pigeon?
Not 166000 euros Chuda Wink Wink that's for sure etc. That's CRAZY, CRAZY stuff bounce bounce from my perspective Wink Wink. All that being said & by my standards down here, I wouldn't pay more than 2/300 dollars for a pigeon even with a fancy type pedigree. True story, pigeon I clocked last weekend in an absoluter stinker of a race at 500 miles etc "very few clocks" was bred off a frèe bee as such from a mate here & the last 8 pigeons which have come into my stock loft have all arrived the same way also.  cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:32 am

Well done knackered cheers
Its the best way to get them..free Very Happy
Is it from an old aussie line?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:22 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Well done knackered cheers
Its the best way to get them..free Very Happy
Is it from an old aussie line?
Smile Smile Yes Wink Wink especially when your a mean a**e type with spending silly money on pigeons. Also don't have much time etc FW Smile Smile for those super, super type imports in my back yard. Could name quite a few local stud "import" types here that went missing in the last race we had recently, along with other feds that raced on the same week end etc. Super, super quick with a wind up there backside they are, but get a real header & they go missing on average "Big time" compared to the old Aussie lines of old Smile Smile I've found. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 am

ive got a load of pigeons free, anyone want them.........?

best ones are free lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 am

£50 for a yb to race would be the most I would pay...as for a older stock bird it would depend what the bird had bred or how far away in the breeding it was from the original racers/winners the further away in the pedigree the less I would pay but the price quoted for the gabby vandenabeele is ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:29 am

David wrote:
ive got a load of pigeons free, anyone want them.........?

best ones are free lol! lol!
Free lol! lol! lol! I will take the lot etc Smile Smile as long Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes bounce bounce as you deliver them to my door David Wink Wink & cover all transport costs Smile Smile.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:40 am

The 1st Gaby pigeon is now up to 170,000 euros, so far I recon must be well over a million euros worth of pigeons , and plenty of time yet, over 800 birds, crazy numbers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:57 pm

Cannot understand the mentality regarding the prices and the number of pigeons involved.
Does not matter who the fancier is, 90% of his/her pigeons will be average, 5% above average and 5% worth a bit more than the others.

A large percentage will have been bred for sale and others duffers that were useless at racing and breeding.

But a fool and his money?????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:23 pm

Often the best pigeon you get are Freebies from a good mate. We all know of fanciers who race 100's in a season. One , and many know, has sent 7 /800 birds in a week- end. Another sends over 200 odd to a national. Can't believe for a minute that they are back garden fanciers.
Don't take a overly clever man to realise they must have 100'S of losers / culls. Yet many flock to them!
Many have aviaries full of birds to sale. Many bred down from many generations that have never even seen a race basket, let alone trained or raced.

Had a fancier in out club, a good one that did his share of winning. whom would say to me If going training pick mine up … Then expected me to call back to or three times, and then often said 'Sorry shalln't bother'! He had 8 pairs in the loft to race, and an y/b loft ready for the youngsters when ready.

Meant his mate was going to take them to another lib site.
He also impressed upon that he never mated up till the 1st or 2nd week in April... which was true.
I knew the crack, and it was confirmed one day. Was the 1st week in April and he open the lofty to show me the birds just being put together.

In a another breathe said 'I've sent 42 to Scotland this week, and over 60 to Lincoln and Sheffield etc. etc.
I was friendly with a very / well still am good national winner both North and South.
He said once 'I bought 20 youngsters off ************* once when hoping to get some good crosses. '! I said 'They didn't do you any good I bet'! N
'No' was the reply ' Absolute rubbish'!

His mates were two brothers, ex flyers who had massive stables etc. in their garden, just around the corner from me. Never mind what it was, stray, cull tc. they bred anything
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 11:33 pm

MISTY wrote:
Cannot understand the mentality regarding  the prices and the number of pigeons involved.
Does not matter who the fancier is, 90% of his/her pigeons will be average, 5% above average and 5% worth a bit more than the others.

A large percentage will have been bred for sale and others duffers that were useless at racing and breeding.

But a fool and his money?????.

Regards.

I can Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes all just hoping to find the next champion type of thing etc Wink Wink Dream time is what I call it here Smile Smile Misty. Imports have been coming down here for the last 25 odd years from the best of the best type of thing on average & with the import restrictions in place here one could maybe say about 7000 odd birds give or take a few Wink Wink have found a new home. 5/10% maybe worth some value from my perspective bounce bounce the rest just a drain on the pockets of those hoping to live the dream the way I see things Smile Smile. Final note  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes the first great thing  bounce  bounce that was going to change the face of racing here I first saw, were the Jan Ardan types. Beautiful to look at  Smile  Smile & handle, but a total basket case when it come to the racing side on average. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Price of pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of pigeons   Price of pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Price of pigeons
Page 1 of 1