Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Club Meeting Today Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Club Meeting Today 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Club Meeting Today Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Club Meeting Today Vote_lcapClub Meeting Today Voting_barClub Meeting Today Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Club Meeting Today Vote_lcapClub Meeting Today Voting_barClub Meeting Today Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Club Meeting Today Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Club Meeting Today Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Club Meeting Today

Go down 
+2
markevans
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm

rushed to get to our club meeting this morning, might as well not have bothered......I got there and we had 5 members including my self, sec said he had nothing to say and did anyone else have anything to say, I asked when we get the rings, he will order tomorrow and we will have them within 3 days, then meeting was closed.....what a complete waste of time, I should have just stayed at home . No No geek jocolor flower
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Sounds like one of our meetings waist of time
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Well actually not a waste of time , at least you turned up and if there was anything that needed sorted yous could have done so. It's the ones who don't turn up who cannot moan if any decisions where made . It's ours next week and some won't bother but like I said they can't moan if not there and that goes for the whole season. That is the trouble nowadays not many are bothered and they leave it all to us proper pigeon men
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 5:48 pm

True peel bros. I never ever missed meetings. Club, Fed or RPRA Region.** Sadly sign of the times. Attendances get smaller each year. But then if one doesn't attend, how can they talk, comment about others not attending.
Got to the stage where a decent turn out to have a say as to what would suit them regards the race program. Oh yes, a lot more when debating 'Pay Outs'!

** Only time of late was / is for genuine health reasons.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 10:26 pm

markevans wrote:
Sounds like one of our meetings waist of time
Same, same here Mark Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes unfortunately. Actually from my point of view a bad, bad thing sadly for our sport in general I suspect. Accountability factor Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes disappears out the door etc when things are left to a few bean counter types to run everything I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 8:34 am

Yes Knackered. Gives the few a free hand to promote self desires to the detriment of the sport.

Every year it is brought up regards Race Points / Bird of prey. Bad libs etc. etc. ON Sites such as this.
Over a week or two much is thought about and debated. Never heard yet of any taking such proposals to the club for even consideration. So its the same on same with nothing ventured, tried etc.
Then the stay always etc. blame those that are there saying within their deep apathy 'Werr! It's a waste of time going … They will do as they want whatever and regardless'! Eek!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Daz wrote:
Yes Knackered. Gives the few a free hand to promote self desires to the detriment of the sport.

Every year it is brought up regards Race Points / Bird of prey. Bad libs etc. etc. ON Sites such as this.
Over a week or two much is thought about and debated. Never heard yet of any taking such proposals to the club for even consideration.  So its the same on same with nothing ventured, tried etc.
Then the stay always etc. blame those that are there saying within their deep apathy 'Werr! It's a waste of time going … They will do as they want whatever and regardless'! Eek!
Spent much of my time/life here Daz Smile Smile flying in the biggest Fed in the country here etc Wink Wink. Now close Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad to being a total basket case Fed as such, with what is happening now. Old time officials "Much respect" would be turning in their grave in disappointment I suspect Smile Smile. True story Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Secretary told me, when I just picked my rings up at the weekend. Modern day champ type here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Face book, twitter/ internet user, anything to push his barrow bounce bounce raving about winning a Fed race Wink Wink 15 flyers/100 pigeons & we both were reminiscing, as one does "being 2 old fart types" lol! lol! lol! winning club races with over 1000 odd birds in them, & thinking nothing of it type of thing. OH, Oh Wink Wink how times change Wink Wink I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Was a time Knackered that Secretaries dealt with 4o or more flyers. All results worked out on paper etc. Sometime Sunday or even Monday when the results were known officially... some had an idea who and what of course. Members stay and a great social element was had by one and all. Some clubs were held within a Working men's club or such and the club would have entertainment etc. later … Struth even Bingo lol.
The sec was honoured and credit given to him... He was undoubtedly and person that worked hard and full of help. Maybe had a say and even a sway of what was what etc.

Mind to be truthful the calibre and sincerity was a part and partial of the upbringing … apparent...Often not like the day's insincere I fear.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Daz wrote:
Was a time Knackered that Secretaries dealt with 4o or more flyers.  All results worked out on paper etc. Sometime Sunday or even Monday when the results were known officially... some had an idea who and what of course. Members stay and a great social element was had by one and all. Some clubs were held within a Working men's club or such and the club would have entertainment etc. later … Struth even Bingo lol.
The sec was honoured and credit given to him...  He was undoubtedly and  person that worked hard and full of help. Maybe had a say and even a sway of what was what etc.

Mind to be truthful the calibre and sincerity was a part and partial of the upbringing … apparent...Often not like the day's insincere I fear.
Old time professionalism Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "please make allowances, on that one" Wink Wink. Gone out the door bounce bounce these days etc on average I suggest Daz Smile Smile Secretary Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes rang me on Monday night here, asking my thoughts on the line of flight for next year as there was a delegates meeting the following night. Told him, I didn't give a rats A**e Wink Wink where we flew as such. But bounce bounce asked him to ask Wink Wink where our prize money was Smile Smile as it should have been payed out months ago under what would have been normal times of old. Said Wink Wink he would pass my thoughts on to our Mr Benzing "our delegate etc" & so one waits in hope Wink Wink though, sadly I doubt it I'm affraid that I may just get some extra xmas money to spend as such Smile Smile Final note  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes Secretary, showed me a cheque he had received some time ago  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  his words now, not mine  lol!  lol!  lol! it looks as if it's been through a bloody washing machine as such it was that wrinkled & messy looking  Smile  Smile Professionalism  bounce  bounce Aussie style now, one could maybe say  Wink  Wink. Another grumble  Wink  Wink Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes.  Years ago here when winning money one would receive an itemised account for every dollar as such & where it was won type of thing. These days  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad one receives a cheque  bounce  bounce & it tells you absolutely nothing  Wink  Wink except the amount etc  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad.  cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 pm

As with many things and with life in general many changes have occurred over the past 70 years as to make our sport in particular in many instances unrecognizable.

What fun on a Friday night setting up to 50 clocks, of many different kinds.

Rubbering maybe 350 or more birds, some fanciers sweating their hearts out others just letting them.

Come working the result many time you had to have two or three strike offs some fanciers knowing they were out of the result would just put their clock in and leave.

Working out the variations using a swizzle stick, the variations, nearly always a must with many timers of the day. and then the actual velocities by hand.

But, hey, it all added to the sport, the vast majority of fanciers were salt of the earth, hard working (and in many cases hard drinking) very few were money orientated, but WHAT FUN, today ??????????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 4:09 pm

MISTY wrote:
As with many things and with life in general many changes have occurred over the past 70 years as to make our sport in particular in many instances unrecognizable.

What fun on a Friday night setting up to 50 clocks, of many different kinds.

Rubbering maybe 350 or more birds, some fanciers sweating their hearts out others just letting them.

Come working the result many time you had to have two or three strike offs some fanciers knowing they were out of the result would just put their clock in and leave.

Working out the variations using a swizzle stick, the variations, nearly always a must with many timers of the day. and then the actual velocities by hand.

But, hey, it all added to the sport, the vast majority of fanciers were salt of the earth, hard working (and in many cases hard drinking) very few were money orientated, but WHAT FUN, today ??????????.

Regards.      
Smile Smile Sad part Daz Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suggest, of being around too long etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & having a memory bounce bounce I'm  affraid that's remembers how life was in the old days as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm

The whole society Knackered has shamefully and unfortunately has taken a downward spiral in nigh all aspects. Sportsmanship flounders to the whim of money. Morals flounder to greed and 'Stuff you Jack I'm alright'. To a supposedly climb up a ladder... mostly like snakes and ladders down to a slipper Pole.
Mahat Ghandi said: And I quote: Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed'! How sadly true eh!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Daz wrote:
The whole society Knackered has shamefully and unfortunately has taken a downward spiral in nigh all aspects. Sportsmanship flounders to the whim of money. Morals flounder to greed and 'Stuff you Jack I'm alright'. To a supposedly climb up a ladder... mostly like snakes and ladders down to a slipper Pole.
Mahat Ghandi said: And I quote: Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed'! How sadly true eh!
Smile Smile Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Carn't/couldn't Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes argue with that bit of wisdom/advise Daz  Smile  Smile etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club Meeting Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting Today   Club Meeting Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Meeting Today
Page 1 of 1