Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
resigned from org Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:30 am

» Good Morning
resigned from org Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:57 am

» Dehumidifiers ?
resigned from org Emptyby peel bros Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:43 pm

» Pigeon Courier .
resigned from org Emptyby David Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:51 am

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
resigned from org Emptyby George & Morgan Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:33 pm

» CPH Registration Crashes
resigned from org Emptyby oldstrain Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:29 pm

» do you think nest mates are both hens
resigned from org Emptyby George & Morgan Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:49 am

» first time out
resigned from org Emptyby George & Morgan Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:48 am

» Moulting time
resigned from org Emptyby David Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:22 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) resigned from org 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 50 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.resigned from org Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
resigned from org Vote_lcapresigned from org Voting_barresigned from org Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
resigned from org Vote_lcapresigned from org Voting_barresigned from org Vote_rcap 
peel bros
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1306 registered users
    The newest registered user is tenzinrao

Our users have posted a total of 224130 messages in 14055 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    resigned from org Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    resigned from org Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

resigned from org

Go down 
    +6
    halcanada81
    David
    barnie
    MISTY
    redrog
    oldstrain
    10 posters
    AuthorMessage
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:00 am

yeah today we officially resigned from racing pigeons but no big deal we dont need to race them to enjoy them do we cheers had pigeons for years not racing them and got plenty enjoyment ,cant be doing with the moaning and long faces down the club when we beat them Laughing so let the spoilt brats have it eh ...we are still a non flying member at our club so we can get rings off rpra and will breed some ybs for one loft and other fanciers to race so still have some interest without the politics and must win merchants which are ruining pigeon racing for me ...atb lads whatever yer doin in 2021 Very Happy pirat pirat
    Back to top Go down
    redrog
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    redrog

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:44 am

bit of a shock that pal, hope it all turns out well, think you get those sort up and down country, myself i try to put my bull shit filter on when around em, anyway you seem okay with it so perhaps best decision Wink Wink
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Sorry to hear that oldstrain.

Can understand your feelings.

Think by far the best years and the best fanciers are long gone, I give little or no credit to many fanciers who win today by advantage.

I would have got much pleasure from just keeping our feathered friends and breeding for friends etc; but cannot deny racing and showing was a bonus I would not have wanted to miss.

Unfortunately, the days of a laugh down at the club a cup of tea and a cake and a kick around of just why I lost time etc; ( heard some hilarious in my time ).
    are long since gone.

Just hope matters work out well oldstrain.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
    barnie
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    barnie

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:27 pm

good luck whatever you do with the pigeons from now on darren. Must be bad to make you chuck it in.
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 1:50 pm

MISTY wrote:

Think by far the best years and the best fanciers are long gone, I give little or no credit to many fanciers who win today by advantage.

I would have got much pleasure from just keeping our feathered friends and breeding for friends etc; but cannot deny racing and showing was a bonus I would not have wanted to miss.

Unfortunately, the days of a laugh down at the club a cup of tea and a cake and a kick around of just why I lost time etc; ( heard some hilarious in my time ).
    are long since gone.

Regards.

i may get a couple of pair of show racers misty ....always liked them some fantastic looking birds Very Happy its not a sudden decision been thinking about it since the summer ,anyway i want to spend a few summers with the family on away days etc...while alfies still young ,he deserves those type of memories i have some to hold myself from pigeons hopefully more to come but in a different manner than racing for myself ,thanks lads atb pirat pirat
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 2:03 pm

i know you wouldnt have taking this decision lightly darren, i know you will have thought long and hard ........its not as though you are packing in with pigeons, you will still have them as a hobby, and if you dont plan on racing in the forseeable future then why not be a non flying member eh .

you can always race again if you want anyway, just tell them and be re voted in as a flying member .
    Back to top Go down
    halcanada81
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 2:48 pm

You can always send to one lofters.
    Back to top Go down
    Daz
    Youngbird
    Youngbird

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:16 pm

Best thing we ever done was leave a Fed we had instigated and started. Promise and reality forgotten and took over. Race program change their liking etc.

We flew a horrid dog leg each week, whilst theirs's was a straight S. E.
    Any way we asked and had meeting with other clubs... none wanted a change, etc, silliness to enhance their own position.
    so we went alone. transported our own birds. Soon were taking high positions in Nationals, with a couple of National winners. Flew a short starter then Fareham every week.
    Other clubs then wanted to join us then. So cost wise thought it was a good idea.

You know soon they were more than our 30 members. Glib tongues tickled ears and changes happened.

Dog leg inland races to get distances! What distances!!!! I know, one must be joking, A very sick, especially as many didn't/wouldn't fly the channel, let alone join a National club!
    Fortunately another Fed was formed and with 'Tally Ho's and whooping, dreaming many of our members left to join.
    Best thing again that happened.

Later we joined the Leicester fe. many under the impression that they would have a advantage. I think we win the fed 40% of the time, which I, and most are well pleased.
    Still has about 30 members in club. Also the North road club use same Club house so we / I flew both roads with ease.
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 pm

oldstrain wrote:
    MISTY wrote:

are long since gone.

Regards.

i may get a couple of pair of show racers misty ....always liked them some fantastic looking birds Very Happy its not a sudden decision been thinking about it since the summer ,anyway i want to spend a few summers with the family on away days etc...while alfies still young ,he deserves those type of memories i have some to hold myself from pigeons hopefully more to come but in a different manner than racing for myself ,thanks lads atb pirat pirat

Best thing you could do oldstrain.

Always got as much pleasure out of showing and judging (only racing pigeons, refused to judge show racers, did not know enough about them)  

But friends have show pigeons and no racers and get a lot of pleasure from them.

As good as winning a race any day to get Best In Show when 200/400 involved.

You can see all the opposition and think how the judge decided the winners.

Me thinks there is very little cheating, but in the Show Racer classes certain pigeons do have a reputation and some judges are reluctant to pass them bye.

Last big show I attended was Cleethorpes Annual Show.

I had  first Old Hens, and first Young Hens , the latter getting best opposite sex, and a couple of minor cards, from I believe 8 entries.

It turned out to be the last show held atthat venue. 

I picked mine from around 40 pigeons one of the organisers said to me some had over a hundred to pick from. 

So you can beat the professionals if you try.

Me thinks better winning against the odds.

So come on oldstain, I know nothing about Show Racers but have seen and handled some real beautys.

Sure you would get all the help you needed.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:00 pm

oldstrain wrote:
    MISTY wrote:

are long since gone.

Regards.

Best thing you could do oldstrain.

Always got as much pleasure out of showing and judging (only racing pigeons, refused to judge show racers, did not know enough about them)  

But friends have show pigeons and no racers and get a lot of pleasure from them.

As good as winning a race any day to get Best In Show when 200/400 involved.

You can see all the opposition and think how the judge decided the winners.

Me thinks there is very little cheating, but in the Show Racer classes certain pigeons do have a reputation and some judges are reluctant to pass them bye.

Last big show I attended was Cleethorpes Annual Show.

I had  first Old Hens, and first Young Hens , the latter getting best opposite sex, and a couple of minor cards, from I believe 8 entries.

It turned out to be the last show held atthat venue. 

I picked mine from around 40 pigeons one of the organisers said to me some had over a hundred to pick from. 

So you can beat the professionals if you try.

Me thinks better winning against the odds.

So come on oldstain, I know nothing about Show Racers but have seen and handled some real beautys.

Sure you would get all the help you needed.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Was the Old Hen that got BOS not the young one, sorry.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 4:19 pm

can you still enter local open races or club shows darren ...?
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm

they dont hold any shows david,not fair to race um unless you give it 100% imo so nothing doing there ,probably just keep my ex racers and best stock for pets now and try ybs off um and also have one loft to look forward to and some going to a national flyer and another fancier in wales so will be keeping a hand in ...if a nice pair of figuritas or show racers come along i will get a pair of both Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Definitely a shock that but I would piss them off more me by beating them even more , thats why I said what I said in my post because thats what motivates me but we are all different and goodluck to you Darren
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm

peel bros wrote:
    Definitely a shock that but I would piss them off more me by beating them even more , thats why I said what I said in my post because thats what motivates me but we are all different and goodluck to you Darren
    Same, same Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the shock bit etc Ray Smile Smile but as you say we are all different as such. End of the day thou, credit where due I say bounce bounce as O/S to a degree, has wisely placed Alfie & family first in line now for his attention & I would perhaps suggest Wink Wink maybe, their are a multitude of flyers out there that in the end somehow are regretting they hadn't done a similar type of thing at some stage, when looking at themselves in a mirror  Wink  Wink & being honest to one self. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 10:57 pm

oldstrain wrote:
    yeah today we officially resigned from racing pigeons but no big deal we dont need to race them to enjoy them do we cheers had pigeons for years not racing them and got plenty enjoyment ,cant be doing with the moaning and long faces down the club when we beat them Laughing so let the spoilt brats have it eh ...we are still a non flying member at our club so we can get rings off rpra and will breed some ybs for one loft and other fanciers to race so still have some interest without the politics and must win merchants which are ruining pigeon racing for me ...atb lads whatever yer doin in 2021 Very Happy pirat pirat

Sorry to read this sad news Darren Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I fully understand were your coming from and fanciers going against you, but like Ray says I would race even harder to get right up there noses and win even more.

Good luck for the future and fingers crossed you and the Alfie are not away to long was looking forward to a loft visit once things had got back to normal

Keep in touch mate for a chat
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 10:24 am

Yes Alfie is at a funny stage in his life, there are numerous alternatives to when most fanciers were that age and he has had a good grounding as to what is involved in our sport, which will never leave him.

Would not be prudent to, as I feel oldstrain knows better than me,  to confine him soley to the pigeon sport.

My son was with pigeons from birth, saw everything involved and decided fishing was far better, should I have took him fishing from when he could walk?.

Of course, he has had 54 years enjoyment from doing so.

Lost all interest in pigeons but still flew as Father and Son because he was with me in spirit knowing I enjoyed my pigeons as he did fishing.

All the very best oldstrain, Alfie and family.

Regards.
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 11:23 am

nothing to be sad about we still got our birds and will still be here to keep you all on yer toes and still be involved in pigeons but without all the stress and hastle of training and racing and the timetable/pressure that comes with it cheers Basketball thanks lads
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 6:52 pm

I understand what you are saying Darren but thats the part we like , the training,  racing ect ect but goodluck to you and get that stud up and running,  I might come a knocking lol
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 pm

i think i might have been best being a none flying member ....... Suspect
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 9:38 pm

David wrote:
    One could say David Very Happy Very Happy maybe bounce bounce at times on certain issues Smile Smile you think to much etc lol! lol! lol!. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    oldstrain
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    oldstrain

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:24 am

Knackered wrote:
    peel bros wrote:
    Same, same Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the shock bit etc Ray Smile Smile but as you say we are all different as such. End of the day thou, credit where due I say bounce bounce as O/S to a degree, has wisely placed Alfie & family first in line now for his attention & I would perhaps suggest Wink Wink maybe, their are a multitude of flyers out there that in the end somehow are regretting they hadn't done a similar type of thing at some stage, when looking at themselves in a mirror  Wink  Wink & being honest to one self. cheers

thanks oz ,basically you hit the nail on the head "family time" but birds can still have the best of me at breeding time jan,feb,march but the spring ,summer is free for fun days or maybe a holiday provided we can get back to some normality with the current situation
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 am

Knackered wrote:
    David wrote:
    One could say David Very Happy Very Happy maybe bounce bounce at times on certain issues Smile Smile you think to much etc lol! lol! lol!. cheers

made me laugh that knackered, cheered me up that comment ......... Very Happy Very Happy cheers
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:49 pm

David wrote:
    Knackered wrote:
    David wrote:

made me laugh that knackered, cheered me up that comment ......... Very Happy Very Happy cheers
    lol! lol! lol! wasn't the name of the game etc David Wink Wink I'm affraid in some ways, as I'm a serious type of guy here bounce bounce & all I was desiring to do, was get you thinking in a different type manner, maybe Smile Smile. Now  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes sorry Rosie 107  Very Happy  Very Happy don't be confused here now, being new  Wink  Wink but a wise man said here, we are all born different & one must just take the good & the bad no matter what here to hopefully somehow survive the forum journey as such  Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

resigned from org Empty
    PostSubject: Re: resigned from org   resigned from org Empty

Back to top Go down

resigned from org
    Page 1 of 1