Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:00 am

» Good Morning
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:56 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» APHA Forms .......
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
ETS and Position Calculator Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) ETS and Position Calculator 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.ETS and Position Calculator Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
ETS and Position Calculator Vote_lcapETS and Position Calculator Voting_barETS and Position Calculator Vote_rcap 
David
ETS and Position Calculator Vote_lcapETS and Position Calculator Voting_barETS and Position Calculator Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222875 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
ETS and Position Calculator Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
ETS and Position Calculator Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

ETS and Position Calculator

Go down 
+6
littlehen
MISTY
barnie
peel bros
Knackered
tanveerhbaig
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

ETS and Position Calculator Empty
PostSubject: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi,
in past we were not using any ETS , so just lock first pigeon arrival time on race day that decide 1,2,3 positions.
This year we adopted ETS and we will play with ets devices this year. So I am wondering how to calculate Best loft, Ace pigeon or anyohter title.
Do you know any software where I can upload my results and may get some calculation or any guidance to calculate how will be great.

I have seen PCR software but it don't support Topigeon v6/v8 yet Sad

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Hi,
in past we were not using any ETS , so just lock first pigeon arrival time on race day that decide 1,2,3 positions.
This year we adopted ETS and we will play with ets devices this year. So I am wondering how to calculate Best loft, Ace pigeon or anyohter title.
Do you know any software where I can upload my results and may get some calculation or any guidance to calculate how will be great.

Thanks
Could maybe suggest Tanveer Smile Smile you contact the makers of the electronic clocks you will be using there now for some advise & just see what they say about what is Compatible with their general clocking system as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 7:18 am

A bit complicated for me this ..I do our result on a Saturday and thats enough for me
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 8:04 am

get in touch with these ......

loft manager software
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 12:56 pm

thank you Barnie, sent them email if they have such solution
barnie wrote:
get in touch with these ......

loft manager software
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 6:01 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
The only difference the ETS should make is means of timing.

You obtain the time from the ETS and use it exactly the same as from a manual timer.

If you only count the first timed in by a manual timer you just do the same from the ETS.

You should have no problem once the ETS is up and running.

It is just changing from one way of timing to another and changes nothing else.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 pm

MISTY wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
The only difference the ETS should make is means of timing.

You obtain the time from the ETS and use it exactly the same as from a manual timer.

If you only count the first timed in by a manual timer you just do the same from the ETS.

You should have no problem once the ETS is up and running.

It is just changing from one way of timing to another and changes nothing else.

Regards.
That may be true for some I suggest Misty Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sadly some still live in the dark ages I've found unfortunately bounce bounce with how & when the spit a result sheet out as such. Any one these days from my end, that cannot give at least a provisional type result sheet out to everyone concerned by the end of the race on the day of the race, needs to lift their game from my perspective here, being & seeing as we now live in a computer type environment moment thankfully now Wink  Wink. End of the day  Smile  Smile credit to Tanveer here I say  bounce  bounce a move that may have some small teething issue problems early one maybe, but will be well worth it on average by the end for all concerned there I suspect  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:04 am

I was against ets at first but love it now but it has flaws , ie if 7 birds say hit the field together and say one man has 6 and other man has one but the man with 6 hit the board together and the man with one ends up 7th is the bit I don't like..because in the old days that would not happen, the bloke with one bird would probably be 2nd or 3rd because obviously the man with 6 can only get at least 2 in with the rubbers system. But we have to accept it I suppose. Also with all technology when it goes wrong by god it certainly does
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 1:45 am

peel bros wrote:
I was against ets at first but love it now but it has flaws , ie if 7 birds say hit the field together and say one man has 6 and other man has one but the man with 6 hit the board together and the man with one ends up 7th is the bit I don't like..because in the old days that would not happen,  the bloke with one bird would probably be 2nd or 3rd because obviously the man with 6 can only get at least 2 in with the rubbers system.  But we have to accept it I suppose.  Also with all technology when it goes wrong by god it certainly does
Could suggest maybe Ray Smile Smile that's more a membership & mindset issue as such, in certain ways bounce bounce than a clock issue etc. Set in stone to a degree, what actually gets spat out at pull over time on race day by flyers, but that doesn't quite necessarily mean that it has to be the final & only result result if the membership choose other wise Wink Wink. Been a 1 or 2 bird clocking system arrangement down here since I first started in pigeons bounce bounce & few would wish to change it here in a local sense I suspect, even with the modern day type electronic clocks. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 7:46 am

I don't believe in limits if thats what you mean , the top men only timing 2 in , but I understand why it helps the lesser flyer get at least on the sheet..but if I was at the bottom of the sheet so be it , I just try harder. I wouldn't want a false position
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 8:57 am

Was against it from day one and made no bones about it, had numerous dog fights in the BHW and RP at the time.

My only reason being using it against a manual timer.

There is no doubt it is better for both fancier and pigeon.

If a club had the rule that you only time one or two birds then using a manual clock made it easy, you would have to switch off the ETS after the first two birds had timed.

I personally would have got no pleasure from gaining a position when I was aware fanciers had timed more pigeons before me that had been discounted.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 9:31 am

MISTY wrote:
Was against it from day one and made no bones about it, had numerous dog fights in the BHW and RP at the time.

My only reason being using it against a manual timer.

There is no doubt it is better for both fancier and pigeon.

If a club had the rule that you only time one or two birds then using a manual clock made it easy, you would have to switch off the ETS after the first two birds had timed.

I personally would have got no pleasure from gaining a position when I was aware fanciers had timed more pigeons before me that had been discounted.

Regards.
One of those pigeon type scenarios Misty I suggest Smile Smile where one could never please every one etc as much as one tried I suspect. No for a fact here, the local Fed would be split in half at least if multi type clocking was ever brought in as such from the start to the end of our race season, because the boundaries are so large here compared to something like Ray's Fed as an example. Now Smile Smile couldn't even count here bounce bounce flyers in a local sense who at one time lived local to myself & the like. 99% were no better or worse than the likes of myself in a pigeon sense. Then somehow moved Wink Wink 20/30/40/50 odd miles south here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & they all then become instant type champions in their own mind come race day, because the wind was up their backside on average most race days etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 am

peel bros wrote:
I don't believe in limits if thats what you mean , the top men only timing 2 in , but I understand why it helps the lesser flyer get at least on the sheet..but if I was at the bottom of the sheet so be it , I just try harder. I wouldn't want a false position

i think in one way its a bit greedy of the mob flyers who send a load of birds each week, to take all the positions, whilst those who send a small team are often not in the results, but then again on the other hand, to have a limit on how many birds you can clock or have on the sheet, doesnt give a true reflection on the race results, if the winner had 10 birds in and only had two in the results, the man in third place has got there by default as he should have been 11th.

this is especially deceptive if selling birds in the bhw on performances .

this is just my opinion anyway .
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 2:58 pm

The best birds on the day are at the top. Sent 4 to a 600 miler, 3 were in the top 10. 45 mile overfly, 2nd day birds. Many were putting in large numbers. Total birds sent about 800. If one is at the bottom of the sheet consistently then better birds or management is needed. Done it a few times, beat the numbers.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 6:37 pm

littlehen wrote:
peel bros wrote:

i think in one way its a bit greedy of the mob flyers who send a load of birds each week, to take all the positions, whilst those who send a small team are often not in the results, but then again on the other hand, to have a limit on how many birds you can clock or have on the sheet, doesnt give a true reflection on the race results, if the winner had 10 birds in and only had two in the results, the man in third place has got there by default as he should have been 11th.

Not a bad accessment littlehen, regarding the selling, often some have been sent back in boxes, send for them back, £60 sell them based on flying the programme often over well over £100 sometimes £1,000s.

Unfortunately, if you do  have a limit, (there has been two bird and four bird clubs at times) at the present time many clubs could not function finacially.

I have known clubs where to make things fair only the first say six or ten on the race sheet count for prizes and positions.

In that case you only make those eligible capable of being timed., so there is no record of the others performances only the fancier knows.

You get similar feeelings in horse racing O'Brian will enter half the horses in a race.

In the end all have the same options, although some handicapped by costs and other considerations.

In the end any sport should be for enjoyment and how one acheives it is up to the  those involved.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 8:09 pm

littlehen wrote:
peel bros wrote:

A little story.  Here , years ago we had a small team and maybe got 2 to 3 wins a season and it pissed me off getting beat because my brother and I both hate getting beat at anything we do , hate it , so we decided to do something about and increase our team to match the big flyers and obviously we done our home work and bought in at the time the best we could afford,  anyway we started beating them a bit more every year at a massive cost to us but that was our choice.  We could cut our team down but again we love racing different birds so buy a lot in and again our choice . We actually got off our arses and done something about it and will continue to do so...like I said before I take my hat off to small team flyers and understand how hard it is but those that whinge and don't do anything about  pack in , simple as that   I don't want false positions every week...if the man in front gets 7 or whatever before me brilliant well done to him . I don't want to be 3rd because he is limited to our many he can time in ....people also forget my weekly race bill is on average 60 pounds or more and we win 20 pounds at most ...we keep the club going us so called mob flyers and long may it continue...we have sacrificed a lot to be where we are now but we still love it no matter what . Remember the top men are still the top men but we will try our hardest to beat them and never ever stop trying....thanks
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 9:02 pm

peel bros wrote:
littlehen wrote:
peel bros wrote:

A little story.  Here , years ago we had a small team and maybe got 2 to 3 wins a season and it pissed me off getting beat because my brother and I both hate getting beat at anything we do , hate it , so we decided to do something about and increase our team to match the big flyers and obviously we done our home work and bought in at the time the best we could afford,  anyway we started beating them a bit more every year at a massive cost to us but that was our choice.  We could cut our team down but again we love racing different birds so buy a lot in and again our choice . We actually got off our arses and done something about it and will continue to do so...like I said before I take my hat off to small team flyers and understand how hard it is but those that whinge and don't do anything about  pack in , simple as that   I don't want false positions every week...if the man in front gets 7 or whatever before me brilliant well done to him . I don't want to be 3rd because he is limited to our many he can time in ....people also forget my weekly race bill is on average 60 pounds or more and we win 20 pounds at most ...we keep the club going us so called mob flyers and long may it continue...we have sacrificed a lot to be where we are now but we still love it no matter what . Remember the top men are still the top men but we will try our hardest to beat them and never ever stop trying....thanks
A good & honest self appraisal I could suggest maybe etc Ray Wink Wink so credit where due from my end here for your words of honesty above. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes one could say, the world these days bounce bounce in certain ways Smile Smile Smile is made up of excuse, excuse, excuse type makes to a degree & they are quite happy at times to simply except that as a excuse type reason for not being successful or even being dishonest in other certain areas, that one could quite easily maybe think of at times  Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 9:58 pm

You do your own thing peel bros, a good farmer reaps what he sows.

If you have the grain and work ethic you will not go far wrong and good luck to you.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 11:15 pm

My apologies if I said anything wrong , I obviously hate the mob flyer term .. people didn't moan when we sent 60 birds and only won 3 races but when we sent 50 or slightly less and won 7 then 9 we got called mob flyers. no more to be said really is there
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 11:23 pm

no body has said anything wrong ray, we all have our own opinions on pigeons / keeping them or racing them, just because our opinion is different to someone elses, it doesnt mean you / they are wrong, it just means you have free will, and your own mind ..........you have your thoughts and how to do things , and they have theirs .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 am

peel bros wrote:
My apologies if I said anything wrong , I obviously hate the mob flyer term .. people didn't moan when we sent 60 birds and only won 3 races but when we sent 50 or slightly less and won 7 then 9 we got called mob flyers.   no more to be said really is there
Your a funny type fella Ray Very Happy Very Happy to be concerned how things could be interpretated by others here. Nothing I see in what you said is wrong etc Wink Wink you at the of the day were just giving your thoughts I suggest in an honest type manner & it's a pity more weren't more like you as such Wink Wink from my perspective here. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:00 am

Would far rather be taken to task on my opinions than not voice concerns.

Never liked YES MEN.

Everyone is entitled to view matters as they see them and long may it be so.

Although the present  trend in general is to strangle opinion that does not suit the pc brigade.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 2:11 pm

I don't mind what or why one wants to, or may call me .... As long as it's not the truth lol Wink Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm

I Don't like upsetting anyone me but if I get up set its a different story haha ..I am a bit soft and want to keep everyone happy but like I said upset me then be prepared  for war
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 9:06 pm

In this day and age if many think you are mad or stupid you are probably the sane one.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ETS and Position Calculator   ETS and Position Calculator Empty

Back to top Go down

ETS and Position Calculator
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next