Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 9 van reet yb for sale
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai Yesterday at 10:41 am

» Weather today
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 8:16 am

» Good Morning
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 8:15 am

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby David Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:58 pm

» 2024 RPRA final Dunbar
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby David Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:54 pm

» breeder of the sire to the soft ybs
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby David Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:37 am

» Registering CPH Number
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:55 pm

» soft pigeon
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:33 pm

» BHW Renewal
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:01 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Vote_lcapHow’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Voting_barHow’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Vote_lcapHow’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Voting_barHow’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
barnie
fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1304 registered users
The newest registered user is fortyfathomsaquatics@gmai

Our users have posted a total of 223899 messages in 14044 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How’s the breeding going

Go down 
+6
Knackered
MISTY
barnie
David
George & Morgan
markevans
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 8:50 pm

More going over tomorrow... then what's in nest boxes is the last ....far too many again . 22 bought in as well
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 8:50 pm

not mine misty
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 am

said this last week it's the corn bill maybe it is cheaper to buy in ybs i have given 4 away and 4 more to go that's it any eggs that hatch will stay and few old birds will go
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:23 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
said this last week it's the corn bill maybe it is cheaper to buy in ybs i have given 4 away and 4 more to go that's it any eggs that hatch will stay and few old birds will go

Pensioners are getting a 10% increase in pensions.

HOORAY, many will receive maybe say £13 a week more electricity,gas and groceries etc; are

now well above that and the £13 wiped out on just heating etc;

Fell very sorry for those on the basic pension after working all their life and, although I have every sympathy for those seeking asylum my blood boils at the treatment they get and our own are desperate.

Something not quite right.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:24 pm

George & Morgan wrote:

HOORAY, many will receive maybe say £13 a week more electricity,gas and groceries etc; are

Fell very sorry for those on the basic pension after working all their life and, although I have every sympathy for those seeking asylum my blood boils at the treatment they get and our own are desperate.

Something not quite right

Regards..

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:28 pm

agree misty they will not go cold or hungry or worry about rent and other bills
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:47 pm

Feel sorrier for those setting the alarm going out to work, plenty folk on minimum wage, unsociable shifts, weekends away from families and getting no increase in salary or a measly 2% if we're lucky. Some workers having to swallow their pride and visit food banks to feed the family, trying to keep a car on the road to get to work as not living on a bus route, the list goes on....Something not right there either.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:53 pm

so now know were the money went to when they took the bus services away from us council said they need the money for other things
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 3:05 am

barnie wrote:
Feel sorrier for those setting the alarm going out to work, plenty folk on minimum wage, unsociable shifts, weekends away from families and getting no increase in salary or a measly 2% if we're lucky. Some workers having to swallow their pride and visit food banks to feed the family, trying to keep a car on the road to get to work as not living on a bus route, the list goes on....Something not right there either.
Smile Smile Peasant's life Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes is supposed to be miserable in nature etc Colin Wink Wink Gives all those Boris types bounce bounce that feel good moment I suggest Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 3:27 am

MISTY wrote:
George & Morgan wrote:

Something not quite right

Regards..

Regards.
The whole thing I'm affraid (pension rises) is a gigantic type con bounce bounce by the elite of society, to hopefully keep all us peasants happy & content from my perspective here. Always talking about the inflation rate being an X type figure & blind Freddy Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad even knows Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes most things one requires to just survive hopefully are far & above on average what they suggest the figure actually is in an inflation type sense by their speel. End of the day  Very Happy  Very Happy typical  Smile  Smile as always, Cat chasing its tail scenario I'm  affraid  Wink  Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:19 pm

need some advice last year had 2 ybs from the mealy cock one died few days later 2nd one died this year with a  diffident  hen one yb is very cold the other bigger one is cold i think one will die to-night the other to-morrow the cock is to blame what could the problem be
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:37 pm

is he feeding them properly george ,could be any number of things ...a bit like who shot JR
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:38 pm

i think sometimes they recover from illness when young, and still carry it in them, and can pass it on to their ybs ..or it can reoccur in them in later life .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:40 pm

just had a look and hen is covering them i now think the cock takes no part in the breeding
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:56 pm

maybe theres a reason why george maybe the birds carrying a minor ailment like cocci count is too high or a bit of canker/candida or even worms ...like i said ,who shot JR
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 5:59 pm

i was given him last year
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 6:10 pm

now this is one instance when all should treat when a new import comes into the loft or isolate for 3 weeks and send a swab off ,not all have the room to isolate so i would treat irrespective as to protect my flock and will not harm the bird to treat blind as a one off on entering the set up ,at least you know you have a clean slate with the said bird/birds ,how many times have i heard the new import has infected the whole loft Rolling Eyes study
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 6:15 pm

think he will find a new home it seems to happen when they come of soft food
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 7:52 pm

my money on him being a paratyphoid carrier, had hens rear 2 yb on their own when cock wasn't a keen feeder. Pigeons can be clear of symptoms but still be carriers, this is from experience not a guess.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 8:06 pm

i don't want to move him into the other loft Colin do i just dispose of both ybs would it make any difference moving his eggs
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 8:30 pm

Canker is the worst problem with carriers.

Never show any sign themselves but pass it on to their young and may miss a generation before showing it's self again.

That is why I never brought in new stock once I had established a naturally healthy team with no need for any medication as I have said many times over the years, every new loft member can ruin the whole loft and need constant both preventative and curative treatments.

Very easy to ruin very hard to cure.

Best bet with any like the mealy George, get rid.

The art is having naturally healthy pigeons not knowing all the cures Etc

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 8:33 pm

told him last year to come for it strange the other cock that come with him has been paired for months but no eggs as yet
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 8:35 pm

Seems 2 years running ended up giving same problem George, something definitely up with that cock, especially when you're other birds are fine. I know you love them as pets and a pastime which I appreciate is important to you. In a racing loft I'd be saying bye to him but in your case I at least wouldn't breed from him or use him as a feeder, or float his eggs either.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 8:39 pm

i did not want the birds but was told he cost£800 so thought he must be ok
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 9:01 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
i did not want the birds but was told he cost£800 so thought he must be ok

If he was that good George why would he part with it.

Be a bad idea to get fanciers cast offs.

Get the ones you have tested and go from there.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How’s the breeding going    How’s the breeding going  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

How’s the breeding going
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next