Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
looking at my checkers  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:12 pm

» Good Morning
looking at my checkers  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:10 pm

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Today at 7:58 pm

» 2024 RPRA final Dunbar
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Today at 7:54 pm

» breeder of the sire to the soft ybs
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:37 am

» Registering CPH Number
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:55 pm

» soft pigeon
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:33 pm

» BHW Renewal
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:01 pm

» RPRA Auction ...
looking at my checkers  Emptyby David Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:45 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) looking at my checkers  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.looking at my checkers  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
looking at my checkers  Vote_lcaplooking at my checkers  Voting_barlooking at my checkers  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
looking at my checkers  Vote_lcaplooking at my checkers  Voting_barlooking at my checkers  Vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1303 registered users
The newest registered user is Tumbler

Our users have posted a total of 223893 messages in 14044 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
looking at my checkers  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
looking at my checkers  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

looking at my checkers

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

looking at my checkers  Empty
PostSubject: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:12 pm

after watching part of a video by Bill Carney was one hr and 45 mins  i think i learned something about eye colour  and not just eye sign found out  there is a lilac eye was not going to breed of my checkers next year but may now paired to  a different colour

looking at my checkers  P1080312
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:14 pm

one more

looking at my checkers  P1080313
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 3:49 pm

looking at my checkers  P1080314
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 3:53 pm

Bill Caney judged twice at our shows and also assesed my pigeons on eye sign
( the whole loft ).

Put a basket to put the dummies in.

One ended up in that basket, a hen had recently purchased having said it had broken records, after I had purchased it, it was disputed wether the facts were right, so I culled it then and there.

He said mine were the best small loft of pigeons he had handled.

He certainly knows a good one from a dummy.

The morning he visited was a Monday and there was a hold over from Lerwick.

I went into work early knowing I would be leaving to see Bill later.

No moble then, was out on site when my first bird arrived and lost over an hour when I got back to the office and my wife who had no idea how to clock a pigeon
lost the race by10 minutes having to go and clock in.

Bill said he would have liked the pigeon but no way would I have wanted her fastened up after enjoying an open loft.

Looked into eye sign won many cards, also judged eye sign shows.

Eventual conclusion is that there are as many duffs with the best eye sign as per
the theory and as many champions devoid of same.

You only have to look at the insipid eyes in the photographs of the best performing pigeons every type of eye involved.

Best interpretation, they need two that work.

Sat up untill after midnight at times discussing this with the late Skarthi, Albert Whitty and Pete Rogers, Albert had dozens of slides regarding the subject.

Interesting but inconclusive.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 3:57 pm

i will look more carefully at the colour of the eye next year
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 7:39 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
i will look more carefully at the colour of the eye next year

A true violet eye is said to be the best George.

Only ever seen one true one.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 8:09 pm

so most get mixed up with lilac got to be honest never heard of that colour misty
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 9:18 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
so most get mixed up with lilac got to be honest never heard of that colour misty

Dominant Violet George, very few real ones about but there are the dummies amongst them like all the others.

Seen photos of them but only ever handled one true one.

Came to conclusion long ago basket tells the tale.

I always sorted the breeders out, they also had open loft and never went in the racing paniers when proven breeders, you only need a few pairs that breed decent youngsters on a regular basis, not all will be any good but a reasonable percentage.

Takes time initially but worth it in the long run.

Off to bed George past my bedtime.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 9:33 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
after watching part of a video by Bill Carney was one hr and 45 mins  i think i learned something about eye colour  and not just eye sign found out  there is a lilac eye was not going to breed of my checkers next year but may now paired to  a different colour

looking at my checkers  P1080312
Total waste Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes of an hour & 3/4 quarters etc George Smile Smile from my perspective here Wink Wink I'm affraid for someone in your position there. I know an old fella Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad around your general age here thinks eye sign is just one big joke on average, just maybe like trying to find that magic mix with the feed type scenario many chase. Knows nothing about either I'm affraid But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes at the weekend here in a gruelling 2 day type event in his fed (1 clock on the day) from 540 odd miles, he dropped a baker's dozen by nightfall on the 2nd day somehow bounce  bounce with his small team, while many theory men local types here were battling to sadly fill a hand full in their lofts Wink Wink End of the story George  Smile  Smile with 2 bird clocking here in our long races & experts abound everywhere type thing  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes would you like to guess  lol!  lol!  lol! who somehow put 2 birds in the clock  Very Happy  Very Happy quicker than anybody else here in our break your heart type race. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 9:39 pm

Knackered i was not talking about eyesign but colour of the eye
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 9:58 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
Knackered i was not talking about eyesign but colour of the eye
Eye sign Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes colour Smile Smile all was still a waste of an hour & 3/4 etc George I suggest Wink Wink Now, tell me George Very Happy Very Happy where do you think bounce bounce most of these magic type eyes people generally chase in a pigeon type sense finish up at the end of the day Smile Smile & have you ever heard lol! lol! lol! all the many different birds that migrate each year around our planet every which way Very Happy Very Happy talk about eye sign type thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 10:08 pm

question Knackered do you ever pair same colour eyes to-gather
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 10:16 pm

I spent a bit time looking at my best racers eyes and compared them to the also- rans.
Some of them looked identical unless I was missing something? Nothing stood out to seem different that I could grasp anyway.
My best YB this year was from a cock and hen with same coloured eyes (at least looked same to me) washed out pinkish grey eyes, this YB and his nestmate have the same eyes too. I still find it interesting though and always end up looking into the pigeons eyes for some reason Smile
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 10:22 pm

Colin are the 2 ybs same sex both cocks or both hens
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 10:28 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
question Knackered do you ever pair same colour eyes to-gather
Always try to vary them etc George Smile Smile on average. Some times thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm  affraid carn't be helped type thing when down to the last few pairs to be mated as such. Bit like George Smile Smile the bloke that won our Fed yesterday here, apparently by all reports lol! lol! lol! mated up his fifty odd pairs type thing last year Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as normal & where did his fed winner come from bounce bounce layed on the floor from unknown parentage type thing in his loft Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 8:57 am

George & Morgan wrote:
Colin are the 2 ybs same sex both cocks or both hens

one of each George, only raced this year but cock won and 2nd fed and the hen was usually in the first 3 or 4 back to the loft, early days I know.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 9:58 am

gifted this cock heard nothing in 2 years

looking at my checkers  P1050116
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 10:06 am

You could always ask GEORGE.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 10:09 am

did in email got no reply
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 10:15 am

George & Morgan wrote:
did in email got no reply

Anything could have happened George.

But always nice to know what happens to gift birds.

Bit late now.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 10:42 am

Found eye sign in different breeds were dominant according to the theory.

Some have a majority of pearl eyes, others right through to the deepest colours.
the best deep brown eyes I have seen were in some SIONS {believe spelt right but ?) long ago, never  hear of them now.

Does make one wonder at why there are so many different colours.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 10:45 am

this was my gaby birds eye misty

looking at my checkers  8gcvqd11
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 11:07 am

George & Morgan wrote:

Above average George seen many not as good.

To see the eye at it's best you need a light on it to reduce the pupil.

Funny thing, just thought I would find out about the Sions demise and Hey they are still going strong in America.

Also those shown had pearl eyes the ones I had had deep brown eyes.

The plot thickens.

Best bet, ignore the theories let the basket talk.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 11:09 am

George & Morgan wrote:

Above average George seen many not as good.

To  see the eye at it's best you need a light on it to reduce the pupil.

Funny thing, just thought I would find out about the Sions demise and Hey they are still going strong in America.

Also those shown had pearl eyes the ones I had had deep brown eyes.

The plot thickens.

Best bet, ignore the theories let the basket talk.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 11:23 am

misty out of the 11 ybs i bred this year only one survived rest went down in training i bred this cock and it was the sire of that yb  

looking at my checkers  20210910
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  Empty

Back to top Go down

looking at my checkers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Photo Album :: Post your photos here-
Jump to: