Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:12 pm

» Good Morning
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:10 pm

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 7:58 pm

» 2024 RPRA final Dunbar
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 7:54 pm

» breeder of the sire to the soft ybs
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:37 am

» Registering CPH Number
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:55 pm

» soft pigeon
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:33 pm

» BHW Renewal
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:01 pm

» RPRA Auction ...
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:45 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) looking at my checkers  - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 58 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Vote_lcaplooking at my checkers  - Page 2 Voting_barlooking at my checkers  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Vote_lcaplooking at my checkers  - Page 2 Voting_barlooking at my checkers  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1303 registered users
The newest registered user is Tumbler

Our users have posted a total of 223893 messages in 14044 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

looking at my checkers

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 2:42 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
misty out of the 11 ybs i bred this year only one survived rest went down in training i bred this cock and it was the sire of that yb  

looking at my checkers  - Page 2 20210910

Nothing wrong with that eye George.

Think you are being unfair to the young you breed, you have no idea how they were treated or tested.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 7:30 pm

agree with misty, it's easy to get the wrong impression.

My thoughts here; the only way you'll get a realistic test of the youngins you breed is breed about a dozen at least, all the same age within a few days of each other, get them all into a loft where the fancier knows how to fly a decent YB and has done for years, get him to just treat them same as his own, feeding, training, racing, no messing about, get them down the road / Then see how it pans out come the end of YB racing, how they compare to his own birds. Easier said than done I know at a time when everyone is top heavy with pigeons, but I can tell it means a lot to you to get them tried out properly.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 7:42 pm

barnie wrote:
I spent a bit time looking at my best racers eyes and compared them to the also- rans.
Some of them looked identical unless I was missing something? Nothing stood out to seem different that I could grasp anyway.
My best YB this year was from a cock and hen with same coloured eyes (at least looked same to me) washed out pinkish grey eyes, this YB and his nestmate have the same eyes too. I still find it interesting though and always end up looking into the pigeons eyes for some reason Smile
Agree Smile Smile it's all interesting etc
Colin Smile Smile to a degree Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes helps fill the day in type thing lol! lol! lol! if one has nothing else to do as such Wink Wink All for looking at eyes on the general health issue side here & the fitness scenario of a bird, but trying to find something there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes that more than likely is only out there in fantasy land is not my way I'm  affraid End of the day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in our brutal race at the weekend from 540 odd miles, my 2nd bird in the clock was actually a cock, one of only a few clocked by nightfall all up Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & he will be now going into stock here & if being quite honest lol! lol! lol! I will not give a thought/rats Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes me being me as I'm here  Very Happy  Very Happy to what colour or pattern his eyes actually are as such, as I'm just glad he has two Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 8:00 pm

MISTY wrote:
George & Morgan wrote:
misty out of the 11 ybs i bred this year only one survived rest went down in training i bred this cock and it was the sire of that yb  

looking at my checkers  - Page 2 20210910

Nothing wrong with that eye George.

Think you are being unfair to the young you breed, you have no idea how they were treated or tested.

Regards.
Always say here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a wise man Smile Smile wisely picks his friends wisely etc lol! lol! lol! Misty Wink Wink perhaps our George here when choosing where his birds go now in the future  Very Happy  Very Happy could maybe take note of my dribble/wisdom here also as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking at my checkers    looking at my checkers  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

looking at my checkers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Photo Album :: Post your photos here-
Jump to: