Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Garlic ....... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:12 pm

» Weather today
Garlic ....... Emptyby David Today at 5:31 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Garlic ....... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Garlic ....... Emptyby David Today at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
Garlic ....... Emptyby tharunjohar50 Today at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
Garlic ....... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Garlic ....... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Garlic ....... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Garlic ....... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Garlic ....... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Garlic ....... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Garlic ....... Vote_lcapGarlic ....... Voting_barGarlic ....... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222729 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Garlic ....... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Garlic ....... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Garlic .......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:53 am

just started to use garlic again a couple of days ago, stopped using it years ago but thought i`d give it another go ........ i know some fanciers leave the same clove in the water and just top it up every day, but i prefer to leave the same clove in and put fresh water in every day.

whats other members thoughts ...?
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:55 am

nothing in the water just top it up each day
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 am

i used that avidress for a few years, it originally was £9.99 then it went up to £19 so i stopped buying it , 45 for 4 garlic bulbs is more my type of thing . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 2:49 pm

David wrote:
just started to use garlic again a couple of days ago, stopped using it years ago but thought i`d give it another go ........ i know some fanciers leave the same clove in the water and just top it up every day, but i prefer to leave the same clove in and put fresh water in every day.

Been in drinkers all year more or less David, same clove for a week, fresh water daily as you. Just gave it up, if I was winning it would stay in Laughing but seems not worth the effort for me just makes the place reek Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 pm

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

Been in drinkers all year more or less David, same clove for a week, fresh water daily as you. Just gave it up, if I was winning it would stay in Laughing but seems not worth the effort for me just makes the place reek Laughing Laughing

lol! i used it when i kept pigeons as pets prior to racing and it was chopped fresh every 2/3 days and given with fresh water ,so it was always in the drinker apart from sundays when i would give johstones pigeon tonic ,it made me feel a whole lot better lol! but i swear the garlic had good value to the pigeons i cant ever remember them being ill but then yer head gets turned when racing reading to much of other peoples tripe confused so i never used it racing
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 pm

oldstrain wrote:
barnie wrote:
David wrote:

lol! i used it when i kept pigeons as pets prior to racing and it was chopped fresh every 2/3 days and given with fresh water ,so it was always in the drinker apart from sundays when i would give johstones pigeon tonic ,it made me feel a whole lot better lol! but i swear the garlic had good value to the pigeons i cant ever remember them being ill but then yer head gets turned when racing reading to much of other peoples tripe confused so i never used it racing
Major problem from my perspective down here, these days with garlic I'm affraid is it doesn't in general terms have a pigeon on the bottle type thing & most are now to lazy too grow it as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suspect. Romans of old knew of it's many health benefit etc but these days many think somehow they have become smarter & are far better off using the many magic potions of today available in general terms, even if they on average make them poorer as such in their pocket. End of the day  Wink  Wink always have my large garlic/ginger mix jar in the fridge here lol!  lol!  lol! My Joyce here though absolutely hates it I'm  affraid but it is what it is type thing Wink  Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:10 pm

ah ginger knackered, i was ordered by my better half to get her some fresh ginger, a strange shaped tuber / root type item....... she appears to have a potion to use it in , maybe her arthritis ...???

what benefits do you think it has for the pigeons knackered ...? and how do you use it ...?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

David wrote:
ah ginger knackered, i was ordered by my better half to get her some fresh ginger, a strange shaped tuber / root type item....... she appears to have a potion to use it in , maybe her arthritis ...???

what benefits do you think it has for the pigeons knackered ...? and how do you use it ...?
More of an Asian type tonic on average in pigeon terms I feel David Smile Smile Ginger. Benefits along similar lines to Garlic on the whole from my perspective here & are cheap here to buy as I do now in a bottle compared to the old days when store bought as your wife there demanded type thing as mentioned. End of the day Smile Smile a spoon full (Garlic/Ginger equal mix) to a litre as a tea type potion on a regular basis is not the worst thing one could give ones pigeons I found, even if no pigeon is on a bottle type thing as required by many these days I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garlic ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garlic .......   Garlic ....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Garlic .......
Page 1 of 1