Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Vanroebys corn............. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Vanroebys corn............. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Vanroebys corn............. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Vanroebys corn............. Vote_lcapVanroebys corn............. Voting_barVanroebys corn............. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Vanroebys corn............. Vote_lcapVanroebys corn............. Voting_barVanroebys corn............. Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Vanroebys corn............. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Vanroebys corn............. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Vanroebys corn.............

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Vanroebys corn............. Empty
PostSubject: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:15 pm

just put ybs on vanroebys best all round corn, what a difference it is to the rubbish ive been feeding them all season.........its a few pound more expensive but its well worth it and ill never go back to the other stuff now, as i have a couple of bags of the crap left i thought id just feed the old birds on it thinking that with them being audults their imune systems would handle it better than the youngbirds.......they didnt even want to eat it and were leaving half of it every day, now ive put them on the vanroebys too and they are eating everything. Very Happy

ive realised now that probably most of my problems with my ybs has been down to crap corn......... No Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:22 pm

your probably right david but if you haven,t got many birds it does not matter
if it,s cost a few quid extra , at the moment im feeding johnson ,jeff,s corn best all round
mixed with there four seasons corn both the old birds and yb get the same with a few pea nuts sun flower hearts and a bit of condition seed .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:27 pm

hi kev, ive been giving the ybs a couple of handfulls of golden boost in the morning as its very small seed...........with the other crap corn it made the yb go to the water quicker than the vanroebys for some reason, in fact they dont usually go to the drinker untill they have eaten their full quota of food now.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi kev, ive been giving the ybs a couple of handfulls of golden boost in the morning as its very small seed...........with the other crap corn it made the yb go to the water quicker than the vanroebys for some reason, in fact they dont usually go to the drinker untill they have eaten their full quota of food now.
so what crap corn was you feeding then can you say on here .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 pm

crowthers own brand.................. Embarassed No

never again, to me looking at it now and feeling it.......its like when corn gets wet and looses its shine and swells up, its dirty compared to the vanroebys corn and judging by the stories ive been told a couple of days ago when i was talking to another fancier its no wonder my birds were ill........... No clown
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:54 pm

DAVID wrote:
crowthers own brand.................. Embarassed No

never again, to me looking at it now and feeling it.......its like when corn gets wet and looses its shine and swells up, its dirty compared to the vanroebys corn and judging by the stories ive been told a couple of days ago when i was talking to another fancier its no wonder my birds were ill........... No clown
it,s a bit like us realy meaning humans you don,t get home from work and eat burger and chips every day you need good whole some food a balanced diet .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 pm

it tells you something when the old birds wont eat it doesnt it ? and with the problems ive had with my ybs all season re trapping etc it make me wonder if its all been down to the corn..............plus other years when i didnt intend racing my birds were always healthy and came in when called but thinking back i realise i wasnt feeding the crowthers corn then, was using garlic 24/7 in the water and also when the landed after exercise i would call them straight in so they had no chance to peck around on the grass...................for some reason ive altered all this and its set me back drastically.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:14 pm

DAVID wrote:
it tells you something when the old birds wont eat it doesnt it ? and with the problems ive had with my ybs all season re trapping etc it make me wonder if its all been down to the corn..............plus other years when i didnt intend racing my birds were always healthy and came in when called but thinking back i realise i wasnt feeding the crowthers corn then, was using garlic 24/7 in the water and also when the landed after exercise i would call them straight in so they had no chance to peck around on the grass...................for some reason ive altered all this and its set me back drastically.
yes we all change things around and do silly things we all ways will , but it,s best to keep a diary and write every thing down i do and it,s rather intresting reading it back over the winter months see how you peformed and you can keep going back to it over the years .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm

yes your right, ken (friendslofts) always tells me to keep records/notes of everything that goes on in the loft............he says make a note of everything, no matter how small or insignificant i might think it is, do it........then i can refer back to them in future.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:48 pm

And Ken is spot on with what he has said with keeping notes
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:50 pm

David have you ever read "The Widowhood Year" by Dave Allen he even tells you in his book he keeps a dairy on everything that happens in the loft and can refer back to them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Don Webb wrote:
And Ken is spot on with what he has said with keeping notes

yes he is don i agree, he knows what im like with keeping records affraid he says to me "make a note of this or put that in your records" i say "what records" affraid lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Don Webb wrote:
David have you ever read "The Widowhood Year" by Dave Allen he even tells you in his book he keeps a dairy on everything that happens in the loft and can refer back to them

no don, never read it...............i kep saying every year ill keep better records but i never get round to it, i do keep basic notes about breeding etc but i know i need to be more thorough in future. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Have a look on ebay you will get the book on there mate and then follow the way dave does it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm

yes forgot about looking on ebay don, ill have a look now................ Very Happy thanks
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Just gives you an idea on how to do things best for you mate study study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanroebys corn.............   Vanroebys corn............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vanroebys corn.............
Page 1 of 1