Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby barnie Today at 1:48 pm

» Good Morning
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Today at 11:55 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Scandalous .......
Old hens pairing up...... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Old hens pairing up...... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Old hens pairing up...... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Old hens pairing up...... Vote_lcapOld hens pairing up...... Voting_barOld hens pairing up...... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Old hens pairing up...... Vote_lcapOld hens pairing up...... Voting_barOld hens pairing up...... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222835 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Old hens pairing up...... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Old hens pairing up...... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Old hens pairing up......

Go down 
+2
oldstrain
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Old hens pairing up...... Empty
PostSubject: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:36 pm

noticed this morning a few of my older hens are pairing up, shouldnt be a problem i dont think as i`ll be pairing them to their usual cocks in a couple of weeks time..........just hope they pair back up quickly, no time to loose. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Very Happy dont think you will have any problems there david bounce
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:38 pm

shouldnt think so darren, these are 05 and 06 hens etc and have been paired to the same cocks for the last few years, so should be ok. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Dont think its that easy to spilt them up it dont allways happen like that
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 pm

DAVID wrote:
noticed this morning a few of my older hens are pairing up, shouldnt be a problem i dont think as i`ll be pairing them to their usual cocks in a couple of weeks time..........just hope they pair back up quickly, no time to loose. Crying or Very sad
david i would split them as you want them fresh before you pair they might take a while if you dont
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 pm

DAVID wrote:

For me that is telling you it is time to pair them up if not then you may cause yourself problems later on
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 pm

mmmm, no where to re home them tho.........no section spare/empty. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm

then pair up now david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:57 pm

been thinking of it but just finished cocci treatment and doing canker this week
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

and , this wont harm them
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 pm

David, if your hens are pairing to each other now they will become eggy

Then by the time you want them to pair with your cocks and you will end up having a load of clear eggs and a nightmare affraid

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 pm

ah right, so do you think i`ll be best pairing now to save all this........ive 3 hens all paired to each other (05, 06, 07 birds)

ian, so would it be ok to continue treatment with the canker and then the worms...?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 pm

ah, just remembered, 2 of the hens will be spare anyway as im swapping the pairings for two younger hens,,,,,,,,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:13 pm

the ideal scenario would be to split all these up and then pair when you want to......but you aint got the room to do that so i would run them together now..

How long have then hens been pairing to each other?

Also make a mental note with these as they no good as widowhood hens
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm

hi mark, they have been pairing approx a week, then the third hen joined them about 4 days ago.........all three are stock birds which are not settled.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm

start to show then to the cocks and get them to accept each other over the next couple of weeks (this should enable them to lay any unwanted eggs if they already eggy) and then pair as you previously wanted
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 pm

none of them have laid yet but i suppose they wont will they as theve only been paired about a week so far...... scratch

will me leaving it to feb i cant afford any setbacks so wondering now whats best to do...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old hens pairing up......   Old hens pairing up...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Old hens pairing up......
Page 1 of 1