Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» King removes Patronage
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 10:33 am

» Weather today
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:32 am

» escaped birds return
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Vote_lcapWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Voting_barWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Vote_lcapWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Voting_barWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222756 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT

Go down 
+10
oldstrain
Don Webb
Rudderfett
stormqueen
David
birdy2011
Rene A
friendsloft
IANYOUNG
kev d
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:43 pm

i fly widowhood and my first toss wud be 20 mile to as they they fly hour morn and nite
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Alex wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
2 at 5 mile , 2 at 10 mile , 2 at 2o mile 2 at 35 mile then into 1st race 80 miles
Did you do the same when you started off with them Darren?
yes i did alex with my ybs last year but they were flying around home for 90 minutes non stop and rangeing out of sight and i also made sure it was a clear day and did check the bhw that there was no midweek raceing in my area or on the line of flight from each training point but the last 2 toss,s were in a local training transporter so there was a couple of hundred birds all going in the same direction ,be a bit senseible alex and it will be fine mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 pm

gareth wrote:
i start mine off a mile away i strongly belive the more short ones you do gives the birds convidence and i like to well schooled pigeons.you can always tell people who dont train there birds end up every were
dont you think gareth by the time you start training your youngbirds that they go around 18 -20 mile just raging so why just take them a mile away for the first one dont see the point , and i know you,ll say its getting them used to the basket not the distance , and everyone to there own but i take mine 11 mile and dont have any problems
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Alex wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
2 at 5 mile , 2 at 10 mile , 2 at 2o mile 2 at 35 mile then into 1st race 80 miles
Did you do the same when you started off with them Darren?
yes i did alex with my ybs last year but they were flying around home for 90 minutes non stop and rangeing out of sight and i also made sure it was a clear day and did check the bhw that there was no midweek raceing in my area or on the line of flight from each training point but the last 2 toss,s were in a local training transporter so there was a couple of hundred birds all going in the same direction ,be a bit senseible alex and it will be fine mate Very Happy

Agree you Darren
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 pm

gareth wrote:
i start mine off a mile away i strongly belive the more short ones you do gives the birds convidence and i like to well schooled pigeons.you can always tell people who dont train there birds end up every were

Gareth that is spot on with what you are saying

It is all about confidence
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

ian wrote:
gareth wrote:
dont you think gareth by the time you start training your youngbirds that they go around 18 -20 mile just raging so why just take them a mile away for the first one dont see the point , and i know you,ll say its getting them used to the basket not the distance , and everyone to there own but i take mine 11 mile and dont have any problems

On there own or with a few old hens???????
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 pm

on there own
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 pm

hi ian i totaly agree with you mat but the problem i get is the raptor problem down here is crippling.if i give them plenty of short them build them up.if i get a hammering by the hawk they got plenty of knolegeWe all have 80 plus young birds be lucky if half goes training
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 pm

gareth wrote:
hi ian i totaly agree with you mat but the problem i get is the raptor problem down here is crippling.if i give them plenty of short them build them up.if i get a hammering by the hawk they got plenty of knolegeWe all have 80 plus young birds be lucky if half goes training

understand were your coming from mate got to be a big pain for you
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm

ah right gareth agree with you mate good luck with them mate didnt realise you had that problem
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 pm

gareth wrote:
yes you boys do have it rough over there the damn things Evil or Very Mad feel sorry for you mate but its comeing to everybody sooner or later if nothing gets done
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:27 pm

cheers ian dont mean to moan ha its not just me its every body dam things but we all stick at it
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

oldstrain wrote:
gareth wrote:
yes you boys do have it rough over there the damn things Evil or Very Mad feel sorry for you mate but its comeing to everybody sooner or later if nothing gets done
you boys dont get it easy were you are mind i was at martains the other day chatting about bop and a huge hen perigrine came ova our heads could of hit it with stick
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

sailsbury plains can be bad but cumbria has the most dense population of peregines in europe and the twats say we aint got a problem Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:53 pm

its a pain mate but we still keep going mate.lets hope we get a break soon hey lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 am

And they say there isnt a problem with bop
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 pm

oldstrain wrote:
sailsbury plains can be bad but cumbria has the most dense population of peregines in europe and the twats say we aint got a problem Evil or Very Mad

Salisbury is right on our training route and yes your right, get whacked virtually every time..... even when you get within 10 miles of Salisbury smack

must take the time and lib them in smaller batches, if get smacked then only minimal losses
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 pm

10 years ago i had some van reets as pets and sent 7 on a training toss to glastonbury i only got 1 back the next morning it was ripped very badly but survived so i feel for you mark its pretty bad down there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2